Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Teenagers

Unread 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Proud2BJew

Do you look at the Rebbe's picture daily? Or more? How do you feel when you do so?

Hi,

Are you supposed to smile at a picture of the Rebbe daily? or several times a day? Or you don't have to? Or is it better to? This is a little embarrassing but I find myself too much times in the day looking at a Rebbe picture in my room or anywhere and I feel like I have to look and smile and then making sure I'm doing something good, etc. And I used to smile nicely and then go back to what I'm doing, but then it turned in to an OCD sort-of thing in my head that I can't control anymore since it's gotten out of hand, and I don't smile anymore, but I feel 'wacked' about it and I can't control it... when I'm on my computer in my room and the [small] Rebbe picture is near me, I always turn around and I don't even look at the picture anymore but beside it and I feel like a bad person or embarrased cause i'm on the computer and then while i'm turned to the picture direction I get all sweaty if I'm turned around too long and acting crazy with my hands and mind and think terrible thoughts... I'm a normal Lubavitch girl but I just developed this OCD matter or whatever it is, in my head, and it's been going on for a a while now...

Proud2BJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Try thinking about Hashem. Shvisi Hashem L'negdi Tamid.
As far as the Rebbe's picture - there is nothing you are "supposed" to do (or "have" to do etc etc) concerning the picture, which after all, is merely a picture.

Last edited by Torah613; 06-24-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

See here.
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
Try thinking about Hashem. Shvisi Hashem L'negdi Tamid.
As far as the Rebbe's picture - there is nothing you are "supposed" to do (or "have" to do etc etc) concerning the picture, which after all, is merely a picture.
Agree.

I think that pictures of the Rebbe, especially ones in which he is smiling, make everyone smile. After all, how can you see someone smiling and not smile back?

At the same time, there is a very fine line between seeing a picture of the Rebbe and thinking about the Rebbe, and between switching the Rebbe for Hashem, ch"v. As chassidim, we need to be aware of that fine line and avoid crossing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahidelaws View Post
See here.
Can we have a book instead of a blog post?

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote