Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch > Shlichus

Unread 12-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #26
ssrs94

Exclamation

Question:

Doesn't going on shlichus for a year or 2 before you get married prepare you for going on shlichus after, gives you a taste, etc... Or if you decided you wont eventually go, it gives you the experience, possibly convincing you to change your mind about not going?

Also, these teenagers are usually teachers for the chabad house preschool and the like, so they are most probably not taking away chances for ch couples to go on shlichus, unless a young newlywed would like to become a preschool teacher forever Didnt the rebbe say that teachers should be younger 'cuz it helps with shidduchim? (I heard this from somewhere, not exactly sure of the source).

If anything, going on shlichus would seem like a better idea because if anyone thinks that scores of girls who just came out of a good 13 years of school are not gonna run and get a job somewhere as a secretary in ch, should think again- I know from experience about girls who didn't go on shlichus and ended up just getting some job.

This, unfortunately, seems very backwards. Going on shlichus should NOT make someone ch"v become less frum, it should strengthen them -as the rebbe says, "Fighting for the cause makes you more fierce in your convictions about yiddishkeit". If 18 year old girls would fry out ch"v on shlichus then how can 21 year old, newlywed women not become less frum on shlichus ch"v? -It's only about 3 years later!!!??? I SHOULD HOPE THAT BY 18 YEARS OLD, YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH NOT TO LOOSE ALL YOUR STRENGTH FROMA LIL' EXPOSURE!!!! (And if thats the case, then the education in our communities have gone crazy-which is a discussion for another time).

So we must examine our shlichus tactic. HOW DO REGULAR, YOUNG SHLUCHIM NOT FRY OUT? They are connected to our rebbe. We see how when his rebbe passed away, Shlomo Hamelech also faltered. So from there we learn that we must always b connected to our rebbe and when we are, we can go out to Timbuktoo AND NOT GET AFFECTED! 'Cuz we are a pot of boiling water still on the stove (like the mashal).

One more thing; Why would girls going on shlichus before they get married affect the shidduch crisis? If anything, in seminary, they hardly meet any families to have references as, but on shlichus, the shluchim can have ideas, be references, etc...

Last edited by ssrs94; 12-12-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Learn new things everyday:) Wow! They tear you apart alive around here!!!
ssrs94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #27
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

If you want serious responses, write in English. And reread what was written above.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #28
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

If you respond to your own questions, so why ask? It's not because there is a question mark that it's a question. For instance: Why would girls going on shlichus before they get married affect the shidduch crisis? It's not a question because it includes a statement of fact that according to you girls going on shlichus before they get married affect the shidduch crisis.

And what is shlichus according to you?

Last edited by mosheh5769; 12-12-2010 at 08:03 PM.
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #29
ssrs94

Unhappy

I put it as a question because it seems that most people in this thread don't agree, so I am asking. But I'm also adding what I think, so that I don't get answers that I have to answer back the same information as I already know. That's why I put my opinion too. If you want, you can see it as an attention catcher too, whatever you want.
Unread 12-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #30
ssrs94

As for shlichus, in the case of these girls, it depends which shliach you go to, but usually its being a teacher in preschool and maybe helping with programs. So if you are going to smash my 'not taking shlichus away from couples' theory, then helping out with programs doesn't either take away their chance
Unread 12-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #31
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs94 View Post
I put it as a question because it seems that most people in this thread don't agree, so I am asking. But I'm also adding what I think, so that I don't get answers that I have to answer back the same information as I already know. That's why I put my opinion too. If you want, you can see it as an attention catcher too, whatever you want.
Now, your intentions are clear.
Unread 12-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #32
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

If you would read the earlier posts - you would see why some object to young, unmarried girls going on "shlichus".

If you are arguing on the fact of there being casulties, or that the girls are not being affected etc. etc. - the facts on the ground show otherwise. In theory you may wonder "how can this be, aren't we always connected etc etc", but theory does not always translate into the real world.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2016, 10:01 PM   #33
hishtatchus
Senior Diamond Member

Just to point out for all of those reading this thread down the line, that your level of being connected as a half a neshama (i.e. before marriage) cannot be compared to the way you are connected as a complete neshama.

This is even easier to understand for the Nefesh Habehamis. Marriage grounds you and stabilizes your Yiddishkeit and Chassidishkeit. There is a reason the Rebbe sent married couples to build communities, and only sent Merkos Shluchim for short visits.
hishtatchus is offline   Reply With Quote