Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Teenagers

Unread 06-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
chitas=connect

chabad talk

in one of the other threads here about ask moses it was said that askmoses may not be appropriate b/c of the male rabbi and female asker (vice versa) i also read in another thread about talking on line between different genders, well what about chabadtalk its girls and boys talking no?
Unread 06-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

but its on a public forum, whereas on askmoses, its just the two of you, and no one else sees the conversation. all the same, if you're uncomfortable, you don't have to do it. also, on askmoses, names are sometimes used on both ends-
[...]

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
Meshulam
Senior Diamond Member

I made that same comment in a different thread, and was rebuked by several of the older members.
Meshulam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorthinker
but its on a public forum, whereas on askmoses, its just the two of you, and no one else sees the conversation. all the same, if you're uncomfortable, you don't have to do it. also, on askmoses, names are sometimes used on both ends-
[...]
Speaking of "Ask Moses," one time GW Bush, through divine inspiration, saw Moses on a sidewalk. He walked up to him and asked, "Excuse me sir, but aren't you Moses?"

Moses did not resond so GW asked a second time. "Excuse me but aren't you Moses from my Bible?"

Moses still did not resond so GW said, "If you are Moses then I am very disappointed because you are rude. You didn't respond to my question."
Moses still did not respond. So Bush walked away obviously hurt and disappointed.

A rabbi was standing nearby and saw the entire event. He walked over to Moses and asked, "Why didn't you respond to him? He knew you were Moses."

Moses turned toward the rabbi with persperation running down his forehead and said, "The last time I talked to a bush I spent 40 years wandering around in the desert. I don't want to do that again."
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

HAHAHA. The joke is actually that Moses runs away, and the third time, Bush runs after him.

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote