Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch

Unread 01-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Thumbs up Bar Ilan Chairman: "All Chabadniks are Meshichistin"

Professor Dov Schwartz, Chairman of both the Department of Philosophy and the Graduate Program for the Study of Contemporary Judaism at Bar Ilan University, is interviewed to the "Makor Rishon" newspaper, ahead of publishing his newest book "Chabad Philosophy From Beginning To End"

I believe that generally speaking, the religious person is afraid to speak out everything he thinks and is afraid to write everything he says. And I would also add that he is also afraid to elaborate on what he experiences. A religious person fears exposure. And of course this creates multi-layered writing. This idea is clearly visible in Chabad too, and I think that the Messianist sentiments were always repressed and hidden, and it burst out after Gimmel Tamuz. These things were also around before then, but not so visible, you had to draw it through diving into the texts and analyzing them in-depth.

I have no doubt - and here I am incriminating myself and I'm going to get it over the head - that deep in their hearts, all Chabadniks are messianists. I'm impressed that everyone seems convinced that the Rebbe obviously was the messiah, and still is the messiah. The only question is who hides it more or less. The average Chabadnik today, that does not define himself as a messianist, is just hiding his thought. The Chabad spokesman has learned to present himself in a more politically correct way, but the difference is only in the wording, not in the primary sentiments.

http://www.chabad.info/index.php?url...le_en&id=25621

Click image for larger version

Name:	716463.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1514
Unread 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

What is the point in posting this garbage?
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
ari-free

I'm sure he'll also speak out against Zionists with messianist sentiments who believe that the birth of the modern state of Israel represents the ischalta d'geula. Right?
ari-free is offline   Reply With Quote