Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 06-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #126
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Boruch
was all about Moshiach and publicizing that Moshiach is coming -
The problem is, that the Rebbe actually koched in one, and you conveniently call it the other. The Rebbe spoke about Moshiach, and you equate that with Besuras HaGeulah. Never mind that Besuras HaGeulah never meant that any one in particular is Moshiach, so that's WAY off base.

Tevunah hit what I'm feeling square on the head.

iam, keep it up. We need someone to make us stop for a second.

But only for a second.
Bittul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #127
iamachassid
Diamond Member

and after that you'll all come yelling at me
Unread 06-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #128
Boruch

As we approach Gimmel Tammuz we obviously are searching for guidance as to the appropriate hachonos that properly reflect this awesome day and what it means to us in our hiskashrus to the Rebbe,

It would seem correct to draw an analogy from Yud Shevat and how it is observed (although not exactly the same) according to the way the Rebbe has taught us.

Bosi Legani is the theme of Yud Shevat as it is the last Torah that the FR left for the Chassidim.

It follows that the Torah in which the Rebbe hot zich gekocht in his last years and spent so much of his holy time editing those sichos, should be considered to us like his will that he left for us (besides the fact that he said so clearly in those sichos (Chayei Sorah Nun Beis etc. etc.) that that's his bakosho to us.

In addition, undoubtedly, the fact that the last farbrengen he spoke about Achdus indicates that the only way to accomplish this all is through nohagu kovod zeh lozeh.

Dear brothers and sisters, "kulonu bnei ish echod nachnu", we are the children of the same father, let us at least have respect for one another - by and large lo bishuftini askinon, the vast majority of Lubavitch are not irresponsible mishugoyim and we are all seriously wanting to be mikushar to the Rebbe's horo-ois.
Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2004, 07:56 AM   #129
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:

It would seem correct to draw an analogy from Yud Shevat and how it is observed (although not exactly the same) according to the way the Rebbe has taught us.

I would like to hear how in your opinion it is not the same - aliya? kadish? mishnayis?

Last edited by Torah613; 06-09-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2004, 09:35 AM   #130
Boruch

If you're getting into those details, I'm not really sure.

I was referring to the one area that is not the same and that is that after Yud Shevat 5750, a new generation and new Nosi was introduced. Mah She-ein kain binyoneinu.

For that reason, while visiting the Ohel on Gimmel Tammuz is significant, I feel that farbrenging in 770 (downstairs ("Du Untun Vu Der Shver Hot Gedavent") where the Rebbe davened & farbrenged with the oilom is equally imperative.

Mah doch after Yud Shevat, where there was a new Rebbe, nevertheless the koch and message was always that Hu Bachayim without change, al achas kamo v'kamo, in our case where the Rebbe is still Nosi, the main focus for a chosid should be on Hu Bachayim.

Especially in a time when there is an irur (challenge) on this whole inyan (the biggest raya is this site) it behooves a chosid to davka go to 770 (also) to be mifarsem bai zich and to the world that nothing changed.

And if you think that there is a contradiction here, read the sichos in the first years and see for yourself how the Rebbe said very clearly that even the bochrim should go to the fremde shuls and tell them that Hu Bachayim "Bgashmiyus".
you don't get it, cry at the Ohel if you want, for the Rebbe to explain it to you.
Unread 06-09-2004, 09:36 AM   #131
Boruch

that was supposed to be 5710
Unread 06-09-2004, 12:36 PM   #132
walter

I'll always remember the day Rabbi Yosef Landa Director of Beit Menachem here in St. Louis returned from the Rebbe's funeral. Our local paper asked him upon his arrival back home, "who will be the next Rebbe? Obviously, any Lubavitcher would consider this question insensitive and disrespectful. Rabbi Landa said, "this is like asking a wife immediately after buring her husband who she will marry next." I remember how moved I was by the love this Rabbi had/has for his Rebbe. Like the love a wife has for her husband...it was a personal love that only he could know. How does Rabbi Landa keep the Rebbe alive? By acts of kindness, compassion, and understanding. I know, I a gentile, have found myself on the receiving end of the Rebbe's love for all people.
Unread 06-09-2004, 06:53 PM   #133
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

Boruch, your first post in response was getting somewhere. Blew it with the 770 analogy, though.
Unread 06-09-2004, 07:55 PM   #134
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
If you're getting into those details, I'm not really sure.

I was referring to the one area that is not the same and that is that after Yud Shevat 5750, a new generation and new Nosi was introduced. Mah She-ein kain binyoneinu.
What exactly aren't you sure about?
What does a new nosi have with the way the Rebbe taught us to observe Yud Shvat - like you wrote
Quote:
and drawing an analogy of how to act Gimmel Tamuz?
Unread 06-09-2004, 07:57 PM   #135
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

If it is that important to have everyone for a farbrengen in 770, then make it palatable for everyone attending.
Show me one post that is "me'arur" on hu bachaim - or is it that if someone disagrees with some weird interpertation of hu bechayim (or your interpertation) - that is considered an "irur"?

Last edited by Torah613; 06-09-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Unread 06-09-2004, 08:54 PM   #136
Tevuna

As I mentioned before that at B.R.'s Shabaton, Rabbi Paltiel of Port Washington was telling us how to love the Rebbe. One thing he mentioned was about those who never saw the Rebbe. He said bichlal everyone should do this. He said that one should watch Living Torah on their own and let the Rebbe and his message sink in.

I know that this is true. In B.R. we watch Living Torah every morning before davening. Some of those feelings you get come from just watching it. Even when I watch Living Torah myself the feelings I get give me a little taste of they should be. This is not an imaginary kind of love. This is not anyone imagining anything because this is front of your eyes.

When one keeps in mind while watching a Rebbe video, that the Rebbe is actualy talking to him it makes a big difference. This is not imagining that you love someone this is real.

BTW, you can get Living Torah and many other videos on C.D.'s, or watch them on the internet without a video.
Tevuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2004, 11:03 PM   #137
Boruch

770 does not belong to anyone. It is the Rebbe's shul and it should be the place where all his chassidim could come and farbreng sheves achim gam yochad.

Please, let's not get into what happened and that story etc. I am just advocating that chassidim should make the effort to come. I have seen many chassidim who are not yechiniks (I hate the word antis) sit for hours till the wee hours in 770 farbrenging beautifully with other chassidim even from the other "persuation".

Es muz zein achdus bei chassidim!
Unread 06-09-2004, 11:15 PM   #138
daas
Executive Member

Quote:

Please, let's not get into what happened and that story etc. I am just advocating that chassidim should make the effort to come.
And make an effort that they should feel welcomed.
daas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2004, 11:21 PM   #139
hishtatchus
Senior Diamond Member

Yes, but one party ignoring their obligation does not absolve the other party of theirs.
hishtatchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2004, 11:40 PM   #140
daas
Executive Member

Yes, but complaining about one party does not absolve [or help] the other party to do theres.

Everyone wants everybody to come to them and be b"achdus"... on there terms.

I will be blunt , no matter where you go (i mean in issues) you will hear speaches how all are welcome and that there has to be 'achdus' vchu' vchu' but then they always cannot ressit and they (or the next speaker for 'C"V' someone will get the wrong idea or think he is not vchu.) add that it....
Unread 06-09-2004, 11:40 PM   #141
Boruch

Daas is absolutely right. Chassidim must leave their "negel" behind if they want to have a farbrengen worth its name. That includes creating an atmosphere of mutual respect which calls for mesiras nefesh on both sides.
Unread 06-09-2004, 11:46 PM   #142
daas
Executive Member

Was that called for?
Unread 06-10-2004, 12:12 AM   #143
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Fine. After the "formal" meshugas is over, I'll come BL"N.
Unread 06-10-2004, 04:56 PM   #144
iamachassid
Diamond Member

You mean when there is only lchaim and nigunim left?
Unread 06-10-2004, 06:31 PM   #145
daas
Executive Member

They actually sit down afterwards in small groups and farbreng not 'only lchaim and nigunim' , (although I am not sure what the "only" is all about).
Unread 06-10-2004, 07:56 PM   #146
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

When the speeches, announcments and proclamations are over.
Unread 09-19-2004, 01:22 AM   #147
RavSiach
Executive Member

Re: 770

Out of achdus, how about taking down all the signs so all Jews would be comfortable there?

Think about that Boruch.
RavSiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 09:46 PM   #148
nochayner

Re: Love for the Rebbe

Out of achdus, how about taking down all the signs so all Jews would be comfortable there?

If you are going to the Rebbe and you are bothered by the tofel you missed the point.
what yeshus to taneh out of achdus!
out of achdus be mevatel yourself!
nochayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 05:11 PM   #149
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

Re: Love for the Rebbe

Now that you've displayed your meshichist credentials, would you be able to answer the question?
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #150
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

On this topic, see the posts here.
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote