Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Torah

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 10-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

"Yelammednu"

In the translation of Rashi posted on Chabad.org here, it is written: "mighty men: to rebel against the Omnipresent. — [Yelammednu, Batei Midrashoth, p. 148]" Can someone please explain to me the origin of the sefer "Yelammednu."
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahidelaws View Post
In the translation of Rashi posted on Chabad.org here, it is written: "mighty men: to rebel against the Omnipresent. — [Yelammednu, Batei Midrashoth, p. 148]" Can someone please explain to me the origin of the sefer "Yelammednu."
1) I have always heard it menukad as Yelamdenu -as in Yelamdenu Rabbenu
2) It is a synonym for (at least parts of) Midrash Tanchuma.
2a) The reference in Batei Midrashos: http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx...um=161&hilite=
2b) I don't know what the "official" history of Tanchuma is, but here's the wikipedia וש"נ: http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%9E%...95%D7%9E%D7%90
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanhuma...or_Yelammedenu
c) I don't know why Chabad.org had to reference this edition of Tanchuma, the MHK edition of Peirushei Rashi just references Tanchuma 12.
Quote:
המה הגבורים אשר מעולם אנשי השם מלמד שהיו רואין חמה ולבנה ועושין כשפי' עליהם הוא שאמר (איוב כד) המה היו במורדי אור המה הגבורים שהיו קשין ומורדין ומכשפין, (שם כא) ויאמרו לאל סור ממנו ודעת דרכיך לא חפצנו מה שדי כי נעבדנו ומה נועיל כי נפגע בו אר"י למה היו מורדין...
wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

A dank!
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote