Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > Chassidus

Unread 10-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Hearing the FR at the Ohel?

Someone told me that it is printed in the Rebbe's name that at the Ohel one (meaning the Rebbe) could hear (or "seemingly hear") the voice of the Freidicker Rebbe.

Does anyone know if this is true and where it is printed?
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
a tomim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankel Nosson View Post
Someone told me that it is printed in the Rebbe's name that at the Ohel one (meaning the Rebbe) could hear (or "seemingly hear") the voice of the Freidicker Rebbe.

I think in the 604 edition of Beis Moshiach publication has from Rabbi Groner, something along those lines... Look:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/101125/Beis-Moshiach-604
a tomim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a tomim View Post
I think in the 604 edition of Beis Moshiach publication has from Rabbi Groner, something along those lines... Look:
this is also Yechi political oriented
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Question

Quote:
I didn't see anything related
Unread 10-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #5
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

did not see answer there. Taka the word ohel was not in the document
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Quote:
Probably referring to issue 605:
Quote:
One Sunday I saw that R’ Zalman Gurary left the Rebbe’s room shaken up. I asked him what happened and he said, “Give me a chair before I collapse.” R’ Shmuel explained, “When we went in, before we began speaking, the Rebbe said, ‘Today I was at the Ohel and my father-in-law told me that since R’ Shmuel Zalmanov and R’ Zalman Gurary would be coming and I have a message to convey to them, I ask you to be the shliach to give them the message so that they know…’“

This was the first time that the Rebbe revealed that he conversed with his father-in-law after the latter’s passing. R’ Zalman asked the Rebbe, “And what else did the Rebbe say?” to which the Rebbe answered, what you need to know, I tell you; what you don’t need to know, I don’t have to tell you.

My wife’s uncle, R’ Moshe Leib Rodstein, was the secretary of the Rebbe Rayatz. After the Rebbe Rayatz’s passing on Yud Shvat, the Rebbe asked him whether he would be staying on as secretary, and he agreed to do so. Many times after the Rebbe returned from the Ohel, he would ask me to enter his room because he wanted to dictate letters. We understood that the Rebbe had received answers at the Ohel and he needed to write them.

One night the Rebbe asked R’ Moshe Leib to come in. He went in with all his papers and pens, and after only ten minutes he came out. He told us, “I was with the Rebbe a week ago to write letters and when the Rebbe finished dictating, I stood near the door and did not leave. The Rebbe said, ‘Moshe Leib, you cannot go home because your wife sent in a letter and she told you not to come home without an answer. If you were to go home and open the door, she would be standing there and you would tell her that I still had not gone to my father-in-law and I cannot answer. But tonight – smiled the Rebbe – you can go home without any problem, since I was at the Ohel today. I conveyed your wife’s question and the answer is negative, she should not do what she asked about doing.’”

These were rare occasions in which the Rebbe revealed things like these. Although he seldom referred to it, it certainly took place more often, as the Rebbe Rayatz said, “Every time I want to see my father (the Rebbe Rashab), I see him, and every time he wants to see me, he sees me.”
I am looking for something different, maybe a footnote to a sicha or something, where the Rebbe refers to this as "hearing" or "seemingly hearing" the voice of the FR. But yasher koach for this source!
Unread 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
FlyingAxe
Silver Member

Quote:
Probably referring to issue 605:
I also heard a different storry about the Rebbe and R' Gurary (I think not Zalman, though). It was during the first year after the FR's histalkus, etc. So, there was a problem in the TT, and R' Gurary asked the Rebbe's opinion. The Rebbe said, "I don't know the answer, but the problem needs to be addressed, so I will ask the shver and let you know his answer." This was when R' Gurary "backed off" from the possibility of himself becoming a Rebbe. (I am telling the story they way I remember it told by a shliach, from whom I heard it. Don't know the source or accuracy. And sorry for the off-topic.)
FlyingAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

What comes to mind offhand:
There was something in a yechidus with Shazar (a transcript is printed somewhere - perhaps in back of one of the volumes of Sichos Kodesh IIRC).
There was also a vort by a sudden weekday farbrengen after coming back from the Ohel that he was "told" to farbreng. or something along those lines.
After Yud Shvat 5710 someone who asked the Rebbe for a brocho (maybe Hecht?) was told to go to the Ohel and davven etc., and whatever falls into his mind will be the answer from the FR. The fellow demurred... (printed perhaps in Yemei Breishis).
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 07:49 AM   #9
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

[quote][ R' Gurary (I think not Zalman, though). /QUOTE]

Nu nu nu nu nu

his brother-in-law the RasHAG.
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Light The Rebbe hearing the FR at the Ohel

Quote:

Found it in R' Levi Stolik's "Call to Action" for Yud Shvat--it's from Hisvaduyos 5749.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translation of a Call to Action
On the one hand, visitations to [the FR's] gravesite and reading of the request notes there seemingly proves that the Rebbe, Leader of our generation, is to be found in th World of Truth--and not in this physical world. Nevertheless, since at the time of these visitations, directives from the Rebbe, Leader of our generation, are heard, or seem to be heard, then--regardless of the precise methodology of communication--the Previous Rebbe is issuing these directives [effectively] on a physical plane.
An amazing statement!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HearingAtOhel.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1255
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #11
FlyingAxe
Silver Member

I heard a story (different from the one above) in a recording of yud shvat-connected farbrengen (or a lecture) that Rashag once came to the Rebbe (before he accepted the position -- i.e., during the first year after F"R's yud-shvat) with a question, and the Rebbe said to go to the ohel and ask F"R (or write a letter). Rashag said: "I go to the ohel, but nothing happens". The Rebbe answered: "Oh, if that's the case, you takeh shouldn't go. What's the point, talking to a stone?"

(I don't know what the interpretation of the story is, from which point of view it is, and whether it is true... although I trust the guy who told the story.)
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #12
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAxe View Post
I(I don't know what the interpretation of the story is, from which point of view it is, and whether it is true... although I trust the guy who told the story.)
it sounds like a kinder garden story
do u trust the guy who told the guy who told u the story?
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #13
FlyingAxe
Silver Member

I trust the guy who told the story: he is a well-respected mashpiah who doesn't just "say stuff". I also trust him to tell stories from verified sources (in the same farbrengen, he tells a story about F"R glancing at the clock right before his histalkus, and adds that he is not sure about the source of the story being trustworthy). Having said that, I am only giving over what I heard, without a personal interpretation or personal insistence on the story's truth. Also, it may be the case that the Rebbe was not quoted verbatim but paraphrased.

(I think the audience was girls in a seminary... so, maybe you're right about kindergarten story... )
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #14
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Quote:
Found it in R' Levi Stolik's "Call to Action" for Yud Shvat--it's from Hisvaduyos 5749.

An amazing statement!

Attachment 1255
I am totally confused by this. I really have no idea what this means that he hears or seems to hear directives at the Ohel.
MrFinkelstein is offline   Reply With Quote