Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Torah

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 07-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

3 points of Kesser

Is there an explicit reference anywhere relating the 3 kessers mentioned in Pirkei Avos to the three points of Kesser?

(Kesser Kahuna, Kesser Maluchus, Kesser Torah) = (Emunah, Ratzon, Taanug)

If so, what is the significance that kesser kahuna and kesser malchus are hereditary, but kol echad v'echad b'Yisrael can obtain kesser Torah?
Unread 07-06-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
BrookAve
Silver Member

The 3 Kesser's are: Sweet fruity, Sweet white, and Farbrengen Wine. All are delicious.
BrookAve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 07:52 AM   #3
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

yes.
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 01:37 AM   #4
chassidus
Silver Member

I do not recollect anything on this exact relationship, but this is what I have seen about this:

Kesser has three "heads" radl"a, atik, arich. These are called the three heads that revolve one inside the other, sometimes one is internal and the other is external and sometimes the reverse. See Zohar (Idra Zuta), Ha'azinu 288, end of amud 1; Eitz Chayim (Shaar arich anpin) Shaar 13, chap. 2; Shaar Hayichud chapters 23 and 24.

See also Shaarei Orah, maamar Ki Imcha Mikor Chayim, page 102 near the bottom. The explanation of the four Kessarim continues into the next maamar with interuptions, such as chapter 8 of Yeviu Halevush on page 112.

The three Kessarim correspond to the three kavim (or the three worlds BY"A) and the Kesser ShemTov corresponds to the nekudas hakesser, kesser of kesser, that is higher than division (or Atzilus, or in olamos diklolus, the ratzon kodom or in klolei klolus, malchus of ein sof before the tzimtzum, or in klolei klolei klolus the Etzem as it is higher than being called a maor).

Based on this the four Kessarim correspond to Avraham, Yitzchak, Yaacov, and Yisroel and the difference between the kesser malchus and the kesser shemtov is the revelation of the Etzem Bipnimius.

Compare to the explanation of the different levels in kesser in Ketz Sam Lechoshech in meluket 5.

If so it makes sence that kesser Kehuna is ratzon, kesser Torah is taanug, kesser Malchus is emuna as it is externally and kesser ShemTov is how emuna is brought bepnimius.

Since only the kav of gevura is in a person's direct control and avodah, this one is not hereditary (kesser Torah). Also, since this is the main work of a person, to raise himself up, which brings about the hamshacha of kesser ShemTov (when Emuna is brought bipnimius) we will call Yitzchok our father when Moshiach comes, for this is his kav.

(If can be asked why the left kav is called Torah, when normally that is the kav of avodah and the middle kav is Torah? Seeminly the answer is that there are different aspects of Torah. Here the aspect of human understanding and effort is stressed. This is the idea of study or hisbonenus. Torah also has the idea of G-d's command, which is the idea of kesser malchus.
Perhaps the difference is the difference between Nigleh and Chassidus, for Nigleh is from the Eitz Hadaas, which is on the middle line, combining good and bad--the right and left. While as Chassidus is from the Eitz Hachayim, binah, which is on the left line. It could also be postulated that since we are counting the kessarim we don't count daas.
This would also explain why avodah is not counted as the left line, for Nigleh and Davening are to refine the emotions. However, this is only a means to an end and not the ultimate goal--the kesser. In avodah the ultimate is avodas hamochin--binah. This combines with kabalas ol--kesser malchus to elicit the kesser shemtov--the avodah of La'daas es Havaya bilvad, for daas is only counted in pnimius (kessarim are the makif) and the kesser shem tov is the bringing of makif in pnimius or emuna in understanding.)
chassidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 01:38 AM   #5
chassidus
Silver Member

This is also the point of hemshech ayin beis, as indicated by its opening maamar.
Unread 07-08-2003, 02:06 AM   #6
lambda

Quote:
Originally posted by chassidus
This is also the point of hemshech ayin beis, as indicated by its opening maamar.
I think it is derech Chabad to go from a nekudah to shetach, not the opposite.
lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 07:40 AM   #7
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
explicit
Quote:
do not recollect anything on this exact relationship

Now Chassidus and his school of thought or maybe he is just a follower and not the Webmaster feel a nice answer but admit that it is not relating the heads in Idra zutra to Pirke Avos...
a Masbir answer would be besser

Now Gal Einai Rav Ginsburgh has direct connections emoted on this in his first sefer Sod HaShem but chiddushim nonetheless which is why this sefer and the others are not Kehos....

I keep leaving my pile of Pirke Avos at home and not in the car ..I did find an answer but then again at least one may have been in a Kormana Pirke Avos sefer but I have to see the margin notes to see if I cross referenced it to somet5hing else...

could have left it at "yes."

but YN do you want an answer from real Mkublim or just someones' musings?
Unread 07-09-2003, 07:18 AM   #8
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

sefer Notzer Chesed al Pirke Avos from Kormana
p.63 in edition in stores these days.

relates the 3 crowns to those in Idra Zutra as requested above....
etc.... I will not elaborate as I do not have time to make sure the translation is accurate and there Kabbalh shitta is not ours anyway but.... the Keter shem tov above all is the Unknowable head. and the other three are assigned head/kesser locations as well.
Unread 07-09-2003, 08:19 AM   #9
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Thank you, Gevurah.

BTW: "Kormana"? Perhaps "Komarna"?
Unread 07-09-2003, 08:22 AM   #10
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Quote:
If so it makes sence that kesser Kehuna is ratzon, kesser Torah is taanug, kesser Malchus is emuna as it is externally and kesser ShemTov is how emuna is brought bepnimius.
Why Kehuna=ratzon/Malchus=emunah?
Unread 07-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #11
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
BTW: "Kormana"? Perhaps "Komarna"?
whatever makes you happy. typo and misprounvced zuzamen
Unread 07-09-2003, 09:55 AM   #12
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
so go compare him to the Notzer Chesed and Ginsburgh...

I have no time now, sorry and the books are now in three places.
Unread 07-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #13
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gevurah
I have no time now, sorry and the books are now in three places.
If you had the kesser shem tov, books in three places wouldn't matter
Unread 07-09-2003, 10:49 PM   #14
chassidus
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Yankel Nosson

Because ratzon extends down uninhibited, like the right line ChaCha"N.

However, it takes the higher power of emuna to activate the self-sacrifice of kabbalas ol malchus. This sort of kabbala is a handing over (mesira) of ratzon, though it does not completely appose the kav of ratzon, because emuna is like a higher ratzon that makes the lower ratzon agree.

Also, about Torah being on the left line and how it brings the emuna bipnimius, thus revealing the kesser shemtov, which is pnimius radl"a: This makes sence, because when atik transfers to arich chesed of atik becomes kesser of arich, gevurah of atik becomes chochmah of arich, and tiferes of atik becomes binah of arich. Thus the kesser of Torah--binah of arich--is on the middle line in pnimius (while as in chitzonius daas is the middle line). This means that binah reaches up to daas of radl"a!
chassidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2004, 03:28 PM   #15
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Quote:
Compare to the explanation of the different levels in kesser in Ketz Sam Lechoshech in meluket 5.
What it seems to say in this maamar (left the sefer in the car, don't have it before me) is that Emunah is related to Chochma, rather than Kesser.

I didn't go deeply into the maamar, so maybe I am not understanding.
Yankel Nosson is offline   Reply With Quote