Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > General

Unread 02-18-2002, 11:03 AM   #1
MitzvahMaidel

a Request...

And the winner is....?!

Just kidding, this is actually not much of a prize but I was wondering if anyone can give me a name and address of a Torah educational institution in Jeru. I wrote a letter to the Rebbe and in the page I opened to in the Igros Kodesh it suggested to give tzedakah to a pre-established (Ie. not a start up) torah center dafka in Jerusalem. I don't care where I just want to give this ASAP. Just to warn you however I don't have much to give to wherever this goes. I'm just trying to fulfill this advice.

So whoever can give me a name and address first will get $ donated to their choice of yeshivot (or whatever). Just please make sure it's A) in Jeru B) established....and C) preferably Lubavitch.

Thanks!
MM
MitzvahMaidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 12:16 PM   #2
Red

How about Ma'ayanot.

It's a Lubavitcher Yeshiva for beginers, it is in Jerusalem.
Unread 02-18-2002, 12:53 PM   #3
PeaceInIsrael

i second that, definatly a good place to give.
PeaceInIsrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 03:00 PM   #4
BLewbavitch
Silver Member

BH

Yes, I third that. I know first-hand of some of the wonderful work they do, treamendous.

BLewbavitch

:)"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.":)
BLewbavitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 04:30 PM   #5
HershelBP

My question is : DID YOU GET A POSTMARK ON THE LETTER THAT YOU RECEIVED FROM THE REBBE?! let's not get carried awawy here
HershelBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 04:38 PM   #6
mendelp
Silver Member

If somebody want's to do a mitzvah why are you negating it??? Mayanot is a great choice.
mendelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 04:47 PM   #7
Jude
Executive Platinum Member

"let's not get carried away here," after all, tzedaka might go to a worthy cause
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 07:29 PM   #8
ChachChach
Gold Member

Mayanot Institute of Jewish Studies
28 David Yellin St., P.O. Box 57826
Jerusalem 91575

Down with politics!
ChachChach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2002, 12:45 AM   #9
BLewbavitch
Silver Member

BH

<<"let's not get carried away here," after all, tzedaka might go to a worthy cause>>

Reminds me of a story from the Rebbe Rashab.

There was a custom in the Summer Resort town of Zaulsha, frequented by the Rebbe Rashab, that had been instituted by the Chassid Reb Pesach Kuper (from Tengburg), to give Tzedakah in a particular way before the Torah reading on Mondays and Thursdays, Reb Pesach was in charge of collecting and dispensing the funds for the needy.
After the Torah reading, Reb Pesach would take his Pushka and solicit contributions from all the congregants, he would then empty the box and approach the Rebbe Rashab for Tzedakah also. The coins were then sold to the Chasidim for many times their original price, thus bringing in even more money to distribute.
One time, Reb Pesach approached the Rebbe; he asked that the Rebbe keep in mind some especially profound and esoteric thoughts while putting the coins in the box, because, he explained, the coins were later sold.
"I have in mind the simplest of intentions" answered the Rebbe "The more Tzedakah, the better"

BLewbavitch

Unread 02-19-2002, 12:06 PM   #10
MitzvahMaidel

You Guys ROCK!

thank you all for your efforts, I really appreciate it. Thanks Chach for the address.

As for the "postmark" ...I have a feeling that the cost of postage all the way from Gan Eden Elyon is really expensive and due to the bulk of outgoing messages the Rebbe puts out each year he oppts for a pre-paid bulk rate through a private carrier. No postmark needed! :p :p

BTW there's a lady who I found out about in a curious round about way who does a weekly Tehillim group for some sort of "underprivledge" kids. They might not be frum (the kids). I don't think she's Chabad. but she pays for it all herself with her small sallary she earns as a maid for an old age home. If any of you are interested send $ to:

Reumia Istzhak
Shmuel HaNavi 6
Apt 46
Jerusalem
Israel

I first called to find one yeshiva but apparently its listed wrong and I got the old age home instead! The receptionist went on and on about this lady and how great she is. Well at anyrate, I said I'd send a little but it's not too impressive so if anyone's interested I think really any amount would help.

SIMCHA-SIMCHA-SIMCHA-SIMCHA!!!
MM
MitzvahMaidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2002, 12:25 PM   #11
Jude
Executive Platinum Member

gan eden ha'elyon?! I think the letters are "hand delivered"
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2002, 02:52 PM   #12
BLewbavitch
Silver Member

BH

<<BTW there's a lady who I found out about in a curious round about way who does a weekly Tehillim group for some sort of "underprivledge" kids. They might not be frum (the kids). I don't think she's Chabad. but she pays for it all herself with her small sallary she earns as a maid for an old age home. If any of you are interested send $ to:

I first called to find one yeshiva but apparently its listed wrong and I got the old age home instead! The receptionist went on and on about this lady and how great she is. Well at anyrate, I said I'd send a little but it's not too impressive so if anyone's interested I think really any amount would help.>>
...Well, I guess this answers your question of where your money should go. Just another classic example of Hashgacha Protis.

BLewbavitch