Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch > Pious Fraud

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 07-25-2003, 03:20 PM   #1
int999

Help respond to some claims

How would one respond to claims in this post which summarizes some stuff from frumteen?

Specifically the Beis Hamikdosh / 770 issue...

Also in here is another summary from frumteen...How to address the "atzmuso umahuso alein, areingeshtelt in a guf" issue?
int999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
Chabad-Yudele

Re: Help respond to some claims

Quote:
Originally posted by int999

Also in here is another summary from frumteen...How to address the "atzmuso umahuso alein, areingeshtelt in a guf" issue? [/b]
see http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38

Last edited by Maitik; 03-03-2005 at 08:22 PM. Reason: fixed link.
Chabad-Yudele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2003, 10:30 PM   #3
int999

Also, it'd be appreciated if someone could help out responding to the claims on hashkafah.com - particularly those made by baronphilip (from frumteen.com) - so register on there (it's quick) and please respond to This.

Hashkafah.com is not moderated like frumteen.com, so there will be no censorship of posts by the moderator. It will help set the record straight, instead of having just a one sided view which will potentially confuse and turn off a lot of people.
Unread 07-28-2003, 09:21 AM   #4
dreamer

i just checked out that site ... it's really full of one sided ignorant views. if all the knowledgable people from chabadtalk would respond to their nonsense, it would make all the difference.
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 09:52 AM   #5
Maskil
Silver Member

On specific issues, link them to this site. As you did once already.
Unread 07-28-2003, 11:09 AM   #6
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

There is enough to do on this site...
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 11:21 AM   #7
int999

Quote:
Originally posted by Torah613
There is enough to do on this site...
Yes, but members on that site don't go to this one. It's not hard to reply to those posts - it takes only a few minutes of your time. But it can help make a stand against the one sided views. If you just ignore what's happening elsewhere and stay within your 4 walls, you're not gonna have much impact on the outside world. So I can't agree with your approach.
Unread 07-28-2003, 11:33 AM   #8
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

You missed my point. Doesn't matter.
Unread 07-28-2003, 11:53 AM   #9
int999

And what was your point?
Unread 07-28-2003, 12:02 PM   #10
Leayis
Senior Gold Member

int,

when you put a link on that site, i would suggest that you link them directly to the particular subject their talking about. because there is alot of extra stuff on here that is not nogea to the public.
Leayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 12:03 PM   #11
Leayis
Senior Gold Member

int, why dont you copy and paste to that site. take the atzmus umehus thing and paste it there and the reb yochonon ben zakai and post it there so that every one can see the lies they are spreading.
Unread 07-28-2003, 01:35 PM   #12
int999

I don't really know which post from the atzmus umehus thread to take...also I'm not an expert in the subject (at all) and there are a lot more things on hashkafah.com that can/need to be addressed. That's why I thought that some of the more knowledgeable people here, that have experience dealing with responding to stuff like that, can help out by posting directly on hashkafah.
Unread 07-28-2003, 01:57 PM   #13
Leayis
Senior Gold Member

int,

to tell you the truth there is no reason to post there. your dealing with a few very hatefull people. their style of posting is not very intelectual at all. for example the guy who goes by the name baron phillip. he quotes shochnei ofor who (he says) said things about the rebbe, go have an argument with him. This is all non sense and not something one can prove. and he makes it sound as if the brisker rov is torah misinai. its quite obvious that your not going to change thier mind as they decided to hate lubavitch etc. for those that are looking for the truth they need to be brought to this site to the pious fraud section and they will see their answers. so what you need to do is go on there every hour or so and post a link to pious fraud. we have a horo'oh from the rebbe not to get into arguments with these kind of people.

Last edited by Leayis; 07-28-2003 at 03:24 PM.
Unread 07-28-2003, 02:40 PM   #14
int999

I agree that you will not convince people like baron phillip. But what about others reading that board...(now or in the future - you never know who might come and see all those accusations against Lubavitch 1,2,3 years from now...the board mightl still be up then). Now would you rather have them read one sided opinions, or have them read an argument and understand that the accusing side doesn't have as bulletproof points as it claimed to have.

Also, with your approach, it won't look too good either - there will be a ton of hate filled posts with so called 'proofs' from let's say baron philip, and a few "see Pious Fraud" link posts in between them. To an average reader reading the thread, who do you think will look more credible and convincing?
Unread 07-28-2003, 02:51 PM   #15
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Also, do you want to be directing the "haters" to this site?
Unread 07-28-2003, 02:57 PM   #16
Leayis
Senior Gold Member

so copy and paste.
Unread 07-28-2003, 03:28 PM   #17
mordechai7215
Diamond Member

Quote:
On specific issues, link them to this site
Quote:
int, why dont you copy and paste to that site.
Quote:
. . . also I'm not an expert in the subject (at all) and there are a lot more things on hashkafah.com that can/need to be addressed. That's why I thought that some of the more knowledgeable people here, that have experience dealing with responding to stuff like that, can help out by posting directly on hashkafah.
Quote:
so what you need to do is go on there every hour or so and post a link to pious fraud
Quote:
Also, with your approach, it won't look too good either - there will be a ton of hate filled posts with so called 'proofs' from let's say baron philip, and a few "see Pious Fraud" link posts in between them. To an average reader reading the thread, who do you think will look more credible and convincing?
Quote:
so copy and paste.
and so the circle continues
mordechai7215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2003, 10:01 PM   #18
int999

Ok, people, now the thread on hashkafah.com has spun out of control...There are 3 (or 4) posters there spewing out virulent attacks against the Rebbe and Lubavitch. And the only one who's defending it is SimpleJew (I think he's from here). See for yourself - the attacks

We need more manpower...more people should come and generate some traffic in defense of the truth. Being silent and standing aside is not the correct thing to do. One or two posters can't fight off an entire hoard of hateful attackers.

Please go and help out.
Unread 07-29-2003, 11:44 PM   #19
Chabad-Yudele

who runs and operates this hashkafah website ?
Unread 07-30-2003, 01:26 AM   #20
mordechai7215
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm a 5' 11", slim, 27-year-old unmarried male.

I believe that every Ben Torah must read the Victorians (Arnold, Carlyle, Newman, etc.) while burning anything written in French in the last 200 years.

My favorite painter is Paul Cézanne. (I love also Raphael and Titian.) I like fine music (Mozart, Shostakovich, Prokofiev), Valentino Couture suits, handmade British shoes, clever jokes, and--le-havdil--learning dikduk, gemara, Jewish philosophy, and Jewish history.

I am a devotee of the Vilna Gaon, Rav Simcha Zisl Ziv, and Rav Shamshon Rephoel Hirsch. Also Rav Yehudah Aryeh Mi-Modena, and Rav Azariah Min Ha-Edomim, and those who stood up to the bad guys: Rav Yaakov Sasportas, Rav Moshe Chagiz, Rav Yaakov Emden, and, ylcht"a, Rav David Berger, shlit"a. And all the great practitioners of Wissenschaft des Judentums over the years: Rav Ezriel Hildesheimer, Rav Tzvi Hirsch Chajes, Rav Dovid Zvi Hoffmann, and Rav Yechiel Yaakov Weinberg. (in our own day, ylcht"a Rav Shnayer Leiman, shlit"a) I collect unusual seforim, modern Wissenschaft liturature, and several types of frogs.
The above is BaronPhilips profile. I think one can clesrly see what a "big" lamdin and Yira-shamayem we are dealing with here from the second and third paragraph (not to mention not being married at 27?)
Unread 07-30-2003, 01:29 AM   #21
int999

Fine, but personal attacks are not gonna convince anyone there... There just needs to be a flood of responses to their hate filled posts - point by point.
Unread 07-30-2003, 01:41 AM   #22
mordechai7215
Diamond Member

NP, that's why it's here not there. In general it's good to know that your (only) up against some old buchor, rather then a hard core snag who has done nothing but eat sleep and drink hate for Chabad for the past 35 years.
Unread 07-30-2003, 01:50 AM   #23
mordechai7215
Diamond Member

Quote:
There just needs to be a flood of responses to their hate filled posts - point by point.
I don't have the time or skills to do that, I am willing to give links to the threads on our site which are nogaia to what they post, but only if the board thinks it's a good idea. What do you all say? (I personally would say not to engage them b'chlal, these guys are loosers, who have nothing better to do then to type hate messages anonimously on the web (since in person no one would listen to them)
Unread 07-30-2003, 02:36 AM   #24
int999

That may be true, but they are confusing others. If you don't defend your position, then they've won. In the eyes of the public, anyway.
Unread 08-01-2003, 06:34 AM   #25
Leayis
Senior Gold Member

<<There just needs to be a flood of responses to their hate filled posts - point by point.>>

int there is no need for it. dont engage them. just read what is going on there. its a few guys that are not there to really learn anything any way. with such people you dont get into hatefull arguments. just leave them alone.