Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Teenagers

Unread 12-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
learning...

Kosher Fun for Teens (Girls)

I'm planning a chanukah party for a small group of girls 16-18 years old. How do I keep them entertained without using questionable means? If not well planned, I don't even want to imagine how negative it can become!
learning... is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #2
hila_zada

Thumbs up Have a great luck!!

B"H

Hi,

you can think what in Chanuka they do like or maybe don't know yet... and comine it with the actvities they're attracted of.
For i.e, a Chanuka songs, Niggunim, for a completly party-you cannot miss the jelly doughnuts..
I recommend you that beside the material side , you should care of the spiritually side too.
you can find in www.chabad.org beautiful and interesting articles/Q&A for any age.

The last is particulary important because they all will get a spiritual message from Chanuka, a thing that helps to cope with our daily confusing conditions ..

hope that help you do better.

After all..hama`ase hoo haeikar=)
hila_zada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
learning...

Thanx!
learning... is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #4
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Using a dreidel, find a musican who will improvise lyrics to a song while playing an instrument such as a guitar. When the dreidel stops spinning, the person towards whom it falls must, spontaenously, create the words to the song while the musician continues to play. Thus, the musician sings a bar but stops when the dreidel falls. The person towards whom the dreidel falls, must sing the next bar. She then spins and the next singer is the one toward whom the dreidel falls. There is no winner or loser. Only great amusment while they try to sing a halachically correct message.
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
me again

i have the same issue. does anyone know of a game to play on a shabbaton for high school girls? any ideas are appreciated! thanks!
me again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #6
hila_zada

B"H,

Hi,

There is a game named Yes/No.
The main idea is that you introduce some situations and in the end of each you should ask a question that the only answer is Yes/No;there should be 2 groups of Yes and No , each who thinks the answer is Yes -goes to this group and vice versa.Then you ask a representative from each group and ask her why does she thinks so etc.
This way you give the girls the experience of thinking and deciding.

I hope this game is in the fitting direction.

After all..hama`ase hoo haeikar=)
hila_zada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
me again

thanks so much! sounds good!
me again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
mushka18

by my chanukah party with around 40-50 girls we prepared really good games and stuff but its no point as we just talk and entertain ourselves. if you have fun girls and food and a roof over your head you'll ahve a gr8 time.
singing is also really fun especially cats chior.
enjoy
mushka18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
Carmel Tziona

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but i've found that girls (and boys) like making things - anything from s'mores to cupcakes to art to essays ... etc. Also, you could do a role play or a discussion - focus on Yehudis in the story, talk or act what you would have done in her situation.
Carmel Tziona is offline   Reply With Quote