Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Teenagers

Unread 01-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #201
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFinkelstein View Post
Do you see that this is a contradiction? On the one hand you believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE to suddenly stop. On the other hand you are looking for advice how to do it.

If you believe it is impossible, then maybe you are really in love and in a few years from now you will be married to each other. But since you are asking for advice how to stop, you do believe it's possible.

So the only advice for how to suddenly stop "seeing and talking to him" is.....to suddenly stop. You want to suddenly stop then the only thing to do is suddenly stop.

It will be difficult and painful but it will pass soon enough. If it doesn't pass then maybe there is a future with him.
B"H

MF, if I am going to meet with you first, then it is going to need to be in a way that is comfortable and acceptable for me, and more importantly for people who are close to me.
JewishHiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #202
chitas=connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitas=connect View Post
Oh- and chitas....how do I understand? It's not my first time helping a girl in this situation. Let's just say that. (1-800-MASHPIA)
wish that number was real.................[/quote]

still wishing...........
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #203
chitas=connect

For anyone struggling with friends of the opposite gender or helping others with this common issue I strongly suggest this article on askmoses http://www.askmoses.com/article.html?h=210&o=1995871
Thank you to all those who helped me overcome this struggle, it is greatly appreciated.
p.s. I still wish that the number 1800-mashpia was real
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #204
chitas=connect

Do you think im ready for a co-ed drivers education class? please be honest
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #205
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitas=connect View Post
wish that number was real.................
still wishing...........
I wish I had been smart enough to ask for that number when I got my cell phone...

Oh- and as for the driver's ed class- not yet.

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!

Last edited by Majorthinker; 01-16-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #206
flyaway

Major, think you're funy eh? I just gave you attention... Now please give it back.
flyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #207
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

First of all, I don't think I'm funny, I know I'm funny. Second, I seriously wish I had taken that phone number...no joke. And third, if you need tzumi, or anything else, I put my email address there to help people. Soon I shall take it down- after I know chitas has been back on. I just wish someone had been willing to help me when I had questions. And finally- we spell funny with two 'n's.

Unread 01-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #208
chitas=connect

major- thanks and all but i dont want anyone i dont know to know who i am, no offense intended im sure you just want to help a confused teen sort stuff out but id rather remain annonymous, for sure untill i know who you are and then ill see
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #209
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

It's fine...I'm not willing to tell who I am on an open forum like this, but I have helped teens in your situation before. Although you are being smart by 'not talking to strangers' on the web.

Let me know if you change your mind...or get permission from the mods to pm me.

Unread 01-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #210
Aaronke
Silver Member

Major, last I checked chittas=connect overcame her difficulty and hence your services are now unnecesary. We appreciate you goodwill gesture and be aware that the Chabad approach is not to "Kuch" in these issues, even in an attempted "remedy"...
Aaronke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 07:02 AM   #211
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Aaron- 1)'Unnecessary' is with two 's'-'s. And 'chitas' is with one 't'. After 'gesture', there should be a comma.

2)There is generally more than one issue in these kinds of cases, and there is no such thing as 'overcome' so fast.

3)'Kuch' is not a word I would use to describe it. I don't 'kuch' in these things, but I do know how to help.
And as for the remedy.....I'll leave that to you to figure out. But there are two ways to remedy anything: a)to cut out the source of the problem b)to strengthen everything else. I think Chabad takes approach B. If I err here, let me know. Vd"l.

Unread 01-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #212
chabadbreslov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorthinker View Post
Aaron- 1)'Unnecessary' is with two 's'-'s. And 'chitas' is with one 't'. After 'gesture', there should be a comma.

2)There is generally more than one issue in these kinds of cases, and there is no such thing as 'overcome' so fast.

3)'Kuch' is not a word I would use to describe it. I don't 'kuch' in these things, but I do know how to help.
And as for the remedy.....I'll leave that to you to figure out. But there are two ways to remedy anything: a)to cut out the source of the problem b)to strengthen everything else. I think Chabad takes approach B. If I err here, let me know. Vd"l.
B"H

Majorthinker, are you suggesting that I meet with MF on her terms and just focus on being positive and strengthening the positive rather than combating the negative, or have I misunderstood your position? In other words, you are not interested in meeting with me yourself at this time and you think I should meet with her first.
Unread 01-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #213
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

I don't know who MF is, and the above post was directed to Aaron.

Unread 01-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #214
flyaway

In the merit of Achdus we will merit the coming of Moshiach NOW!
Unread 01-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #215
chabadbreslov

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
In the merit of Achdus we will merit the coming of Moshiach NOW!
B"H

This sounds good flyaway. I am going to have to discuss this with atleast one if not more of my mashpias. True achdus is the achdus of Hashem, Israel, Torah. (Imho Israel also includes the souls of the Bnai Noach, as is alluded to in many sources quoted by the Rebbe shlita M.H.M. in Likutei Sichos)
Unread 01-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #216
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabadbreslov View Post
(Imho Israel also includes the souls of the Bnai Noach, as is alluded to in many sources quoted by the Rebbe shlita M.H.M. in Likutei Sichos)
I believe this statement had been assserted several times by the different גלגולים of the writer, with flimsy and faulty evidence. But repeat something enough times...
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #217
chabadbreslov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
I believe this statement had been assserted several times by the different גלגולים of the writer, with flimsy and faulty evidence. But repeat something enough times...
B"H

I have a source reference for you. I will look it up and bring it with me tomorrow b'n.
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #218
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

You don't have to look it up. You can link to all of the places that you have already brought these "sources" here in ChabadTalk.
Bittul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #219
flyaway

Adam Harishon included souls of all mankind. Where do you get the same about Yaacov Avinu?
Unread 01-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #220
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittul View Post
You don't have to look it up. You can link to all of the places that you have already brought these "sources" here in ChabadTalk.
In those places שוברו בצדו. Here maybe it will slip through...
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #221
flyaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
In those places שוברו בצדו. Here maybe it will slip through...
Can you please explain what mean and stop having private conversations on a public forum sir?
Unread 01-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #222
chabadbreslov

B"H

The source is Likutei Sichos v.26, p.138, footnote 50
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:34 PM   #223
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

The additional source is Shir Hashirim Chapter one Posuk 2. The first half, to be precise.
Bittul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:39 PM   #224
flyaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittul View Post
The additional source is Shir Hashirim Chapter one Posuk 2. The first half, to be precise.
And let me add - Ubber Tif!
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #225
chitas=connect

I dont know how bad this sounds.......... but i have a void in my life...... feel empty.....lonely though i have a ton of other friends and some really good friends....... i tried to fill my time so i wont always be thinking of him..... didnt help enough....what do i do.....im on the verge of going back