Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Teenagers

Unread 10-13-2002, 06:33 PM   #76
awertvbh1

chabadfriend thanx i didnt remmber were i heard it from!!
and zaqu thanx for agreeing with me.. i dont think i should sit back and watch my freinds mess up...its not right for them or for me!! and i dont think i should kill myself but i do think that there is away to help them that i dont know of...
and dr. i agree that we need the rules but not the way they r giving them to us!! they force it like there nothing else in our lifes its like all they do is come in every morning and ask us what we did and send out spies ans make another speech of not doing that or this... and i think that for every speech they give another girl or boy gets "bad" its just we are sick of hearing the rules... talk to us about something else ell u r proud of us for something you know cut us some slack!!
in my new skool; they tells us the rules but only when they see we r not following them... and they continuessly tell us our accomplishments which make us feel good about ourselfs and not making us wana do something "bad" because we were just complamented about .. wtvr!!
Unread 10-13-2002, 08:13 PM   #77
Dr. Yisroel
Executive Member

Of course, I do agree that we need to revamp the system. THe publisher just sent the pre-pulication offer for my book. I hope your school was on the list. It seems they would benefit greatly from the book.

Just a side note: where did the term "wtvr" come from? Why is it used so freely, as I so commonly see?
Unread 10-13-2002, 08:14 PM   #78
Jude
Executive Platinum Member

well, like you know ... whatever
it used to be "um" and "you know"
what's surprising is seeing it in writing
usually it's used as a filler when speaking ...
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 08:24 PM   #79
Dr. Yisroel
Executive Member

That is true.

So what di we call this new laguage of slangs. Ebonics would not be proper. Perhaps, illiteracy!
Unread 10-13-2002, 08:38 PM   #80
Jude

as I said ... you know, whatever
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 08:52 PM   #81
awertvbh1

well yea i hope that my new skool is on that liast they deffinatly deserve it if it would be possible to put the list of the skools on that would be great!!
and i think that very princaple of every sklool should be reaidng this bec tehy should know how we feel about the skool pressuring us teens and making it worse off for us...
Unread 10-13-2002, 09:25 PM   #82
Dr. Yisroel
Executive Member

You can always do marketing for me!!!
Unread 10-13-2002, 09:31 PM   #83
awertvbh1

what??????
wtvr is it possible to post all the skools?
Unread 10-13-2002, 09:34 PM   #84
Dr. Yisroel
Executive Member

I am not in charge of that, the publisher takes care of it, I assume they have acquired a list of all the schools.

About the marketing, I was just joking. wtvr
Unread 10-13-2002, 09:36 PM   #85
awertvbh1

i dont know what marketing means but yea wtvr!!
sorry im not really in the outside world!!
but i really wana see thoes skools!!!
Unread 10-13-2002, 09:42 PM   #86
Dr. Yisroel
Executive Member

Everything in our world is for a purpose and everything is in the divine plan.

Same is with your situation
Unread 10-14-2002, 08:34 PM   #87
awertvbh1

im not catching on to what u r telling me!!!
sorry... can u explain?
Unread 12-29-2002, 06:02 AM   #88
HaMaysehHa'ikar

Schools make rules that are not the standard for a reason. For example: one school was having a problem when the bangle bracelets were really in style a few girls wore them up to their elbows so in the next years rulebook and dress code they wrote that only one bracelet can be worn. now their is nothing wrong with wearing two or even three bracelets and girls in our school do that with out a problem the rule is there so that if there is a problem and something becomes drastic they can say its wrong. The outer most strict rules are not always meant to be kept and dont always have to. They just prevent breaking of more important and things that are really wrong. The more rules you have to break to get to the aveirah the harder it is and the less willing. You might want to break one rule but after that you are pushing it. The further the rule the less likely to do something wrong.

Moshiach NOW!
HaMaysehHa'ikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2002, 01:13 PM   #89
zaque36
Silver Member

like muktzeh.
Unread 01-19-2003, 10:01 PM   #90
CHdish

learn from mistakes

"a smart person learns from his mistakes, and the smartest of of all learns from others mistakes"
be wise and learn from other's i also have to say though i aslo realy dont believe it possible for a guy and girl to talk and not have any feelings and emotions for one another, thats just the way it is! whoever says theres nothing wrong with guys and girls talking after all im shomer negiah ect. is mistaken and either it will get worse from there c''v or even lets say that you will be shomer negiah ect. ITS NOT WORTH THE HEADACE!!! believe me there is nothing worse for a guy or girl who is in school to comunicate with the opposite gender bec it will be on your head ALOT and it will ruin your studing (AND THERS ALOT MORE TO IT) and even if your not in school i myself have see'n a few ppl who are having a hard time bec they got into the hangouts and chiiled with guys and girls...
i actualy have a good friend who i talk to alot and he would always say the same thing, whats wrong with talking to girls!? im shomer negiah and nothing will ever happen! i just like talking with girls bec they listen ( and basicly any other crazy reason ha could come up with) oh and btw his best line was that there is nothing wrong with it acording to halacha if your only talking it just a chumrah or a geder so it should get worse well as someone brought down earlier from the rambam it is a halacha and it is wrong! (and i know of a few other halachas that show that its wrong even if your only talking) to make a long story short i happend to see him a short while ago and he was hanging out with another girl (with whom he only talks to) and they were both prety drunk and im sorry to say they weren't just talking! (and im not going to say what they were up too but im sure i wont hear the excuse that he's shomer negiah anymore..)
so please be smart and learn from your mistakes, or even beter learn from others mistakes!
ad mosai
CHdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 09:39 PM   #91
awertvbh1

ok guys everyone out there i havent come to this site in a while and i came back to visit and i relized that i really learnt alot from ppls mistaked from ppl doing the right thing and just from your answeres andi wana thank you all and now i agree its weird and its stupid to think nothing would happen things happne adn its scary too see ppl mess their lives up so bad!!!
good luck to everyone and tahnx again
Unread 01-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #92
noahidelaws

BS"D Your welcome! Please keep coming back, and make youself at home!
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 11:21 PM   #93
awertvbh1

o dopnt worry i will.... btwn this site and another site similar im learning alot and its great thanx
Unread 01-27-2003, 11:27 PM   #94
noahidelaws

BS"D hmmm... which other similar site?
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 02:44 PM   #95
icewolf770
Executive Member

which do you think?????
Unread 01-28-2003, 04:46 PM   #96
zaque36
Silver Member

uh oh...
Unread 01-29-2003, 09:12 AM   #97
icewolf770
Executive Member

my thoughts exactly ;P
Unread 01-29-2003, 02:23 PM   #98
awertvbh1

i guess i shouldnt have mentioned that.... but it helped me and i ow them credit.... and all of you too and than again.... and for n e one out there reading this and your thoughts were the same as mine.......wanting to talk to girld/guys...take a m,inuet to think if its worth it... its not really and your nly gonna relize after when you regret it so stop yourself before hand
Unread 01-30-2003, 02:40 AM   #99
Dr. Yisroel
Executive Member

Well said awertv!
Unread 01-30-2003, 09:38 AM   #100
icewolf770
Executive Member

yes, well said....