Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > Farbrengen

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
MahTovChelkeinu
Diamond Member

Moshiach

For my 100th post, I figured I would write something I heard recently that I found very inspiring.

NPR was doing a story on Israel and the conflict over who controls the temple mount. I only caught the tail end of the story, but they interviewed a Rabbi from the organization in E"Y that makes kelim for the third Beis Hamikdash. Not exactly Lubavitch, but anyway...

The reporter asked him "what about the mosque there now, what do you think will happen when your third temple comes?"

The Rabbi answered "I believe... that when we become the people that we are supposed to be, the Muslims will say to us 'please come build a temple and serve your G-d so that you can draw down his light into the world.'"

I thought that was one of the most correct and practical statements about moshiach I have heard in a long while.
MahTovChelkeinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

I love it.
Correct, practical, and as good as it will get if we're talking about Muslims.

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahTovChelkeinu View Post
For my 100th post, I figured I would write something I heard recently that I found very inspiring.

NPR was doing a story on Israel and the conflict over who controls the temple mount. I only caught the tail end of the story, but they interviewed a Rabbi from the organization in E"Y that makes kelim for the third Beis Hamikdash. Not exactly Lubavitch, but anyway...

The reporter asked him "what about the mosque there now, what do you think will happen when your third temple comes?"

The Rabbi answered "I believe... that when we become the people that we are supposed to be, the Muslims will say to us 'please come build a temple and serve your G-d so that you can draw down his light into the world.'"

I thought that was one of the most correct and practical statements about moshiach I have heard in a long while.
Exactly. Who was the Rabbi?
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
existwhere?
Silver Member

Rabbi Brevda tells a story about when he was sick in a hospital in England. A priest came to visit sick patients, and got into a whole discussion with him about the moral decay of today's youth.
During their discussion, somehow Israel came up, and the priest suddenly got very upset and said to him, "Now that you Jews have the Temple Mount, who knows what you're going to do with it?! There's nothing stopping you from rebuilding your Temple!"
Rabbi Brevda noted from this story the great fear the NonJews have for that eventuality. The NonJews have nothing to worry about, as we can't rebuild it right now, we are forbidden by our own laws even from walking on certain parts of the site.
Just a thought, since we are on the internet where everyone can read this.
existwhere? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

They can regain control of the site, it would just take guts that they don't have, because their whole approach centers not around fear of Hashem, but a craven fear of "what will the goyim say."
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahidelaws View Post
They can regain control of the site, it would just take guts that they don't have, because their whole approach centers not around fear of Hashem, but a craven fear of "what will the goyim say."

Interesting observation but to a considerable degree I think correct.
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2008, 06:09 AM   #7
existwhere?
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahidelaws View Post
Because we are in exile and under the rule of the nations at the moment, and everyone senses that.
existwhere? is offline   Reply With Quote