Unread 08-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #101
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

Mr. F

Manis says RIGHT UP FRONT
Quote:
The Tanya, The Book of the Benoni, is addressed to the Jew
Quote:
"So even the natural soul, the human soul or the animal soul, in most people produces these positive qualities of generosity and compassion."

If you read this page, I think he is saying that some umos haolam
most people = Jewish people !!!

vagueness you perceive is just PC ness...
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #102
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankel Nosson View Post
The Rebbe referred in 5751 during the Gulf War to the Patriot missiles manned by Americans as "one non-Jew aimed a missile at a concentration of Jewish people and another non-Jew, a righteous gentile, dispatched another missile which intercepted it." (sichos in english translation, don't have time to find the original loshon)
YN, I tried to find this sicha myself but was not successful. If and when you have the chance, could you please try to find the source of this sicha? It would be much appreciated.
MrFinkelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #103
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah View Post
Mr. F

Manis says RIGHT UP FRONT

most people = Jewish people !!!

vagueness you perceive is just PC ness...
If you read the Rebbe's sicha in Likutei Sichot vol. 29 on Yud Tes Kislev, you will see towards the end of the sicha that the Rebbe explicitly suggests that Chassidut should be taught to Bnai Noah in an appropriate manner to their needs, such as Shaar HaYichud VeEmunah, I.e. volume 2 of the Tanya.
JewishHiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #104
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFinkelstein View Post
YN, I tried to find this sicha myself but was not successful. If and when you have the chance, could you please try to find the source of this sicha? It would be much appreciated.
It has been a while, but this may be in the Sefer HaSichot 5750 or 5751. Btw these are incredible sichot of the Rebbe to learn, imho.
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #105
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHiphop View Post
It has been a while, but this may be in the Sefer HaSichot 5750 or 5751. Btw these are incredible sichot of the Rebbe to learn, imho.
As opposed to?...
Bittul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #106
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHiphop View Post
If you read the Rebbe's sicha in Likutei Sichot vol. 29 on Yud Tes Kislev, you will see towards the end of the sicha that the Rebbe explicitly suggests that Chassidut should be taught to Bnai Noah in an appropriate manner to their needs, such as Shaar HaYichud VeEmunah, I.e. volume 2 of the Tanya.
We dealt with this distortion and mistranslation a while back.
, ...
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #107
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Igrot Kodesh, vol 1, pg. 176

The Rebbe in this letter is not saying at all that the Chassidei Umot HaOlom are stuck in the 3 impure klipos. Even without his later letters (which T616 showed us) in which he says b'feirush that they come from Nogah, and even without Siddur Im D'ach, R' Hillel Paritcher's Likutei Biurim 47b, the Mittler Rebbe's Maamar Devorim pg. 1207---the Rebbe, in mentioning Chassidei Umot HaOlom in this letter is only saying to his correspondent that we might think that "ovdei gilulim" are on the level of Nogah from two things we see in reality: 1). The Nations have to keep the 7 Laws and 2). Any non-Jew can become a Chassid Umot HaOlom (and by definition, a Chassid Umot HaOlam IS on the level of Nogah!), so from these two phenomena it is reasonable for the Rebbe's corresspondent to posit that all non-Jews - even non-Chassidei Umot HaOlom - are *already* on the level of Nogah....
Then the Rebbe proceeds to show how they are not on the level of Nogah (and it's a given that Chassidei Umot HaOlom are indeed on that level)...So, he is not saying *at all* that they are not on the level of Nogah. I was misreading it the entire time.
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #108
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Rebbe in this letter is not saying at all that the Chassidei Umot HaOlom are stuck in the 3 impure klipos. Even without his later letters (which T616 showed us) in which he says b'feirush that they come from Nogah, and even without Siddur Im D'ach, R' Hillel Paritcher's Likutei Biurim 47b, the Mittler Rebbe's Maamar Devorim pg. 1207---the Rebbe, in mentioning Chassidei Umot HaOlom in this letter is only saying to his correspondent that we might think that "ovdei gilulim" are on the level of Nogah from two things we see in reality: 1). The Nations have to keep the 7 Laws and 2). Any non-Jew can become a Chassid Umot HaOlom (and by definition, a Chassid Umot HaOlam IS on the level of Nogah!), so from these two phenomena it is reasonable for the Rebbe's corresspondent to posit that all non-Jews - even non-Chassidei Umot HaOlom - are *already* on the level of Nogah....
Then the Rebbe proceeds to show how they are not on the level of Nogah (and it's a given that Chassidei Umot HaOlom are indeed on that level)...So, he is not saying *at all* that they are not on the level of Nogah. I was misreading it the entire time.
MF isn't this what I indicated to you a while ago? (See post #42)
Unread 08-21-2007, 02:11 PM   #109
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Yes, JHH.

Question: It says in Perek Aleph that each bar Yisrael has shtei neshamos, and that this idea comes from Shaarei Kedusha and Etz Chaim. I searched for it in both seforim but could not find where R'Chaim Vital writes this. In the online Tanyas there is no mareh makom for Shaarei Kedusha but for Etz Chaim it is Shaar 5, perek 2 - but I don't see it there.
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #110
cuongnet

it may go by the goyshe date but the jewish times are used in the day???
i dunno....
can u say tehillim during these non-torah-studying hours??
Unread 10-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #111
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes, JHH.

Question: It says in Perek Aleph that each bar Yisrael has shtei neshamos, and that this idea comes from Shaarei Kedusha and Etz Chaim. I searched for it in both seforim but could not find where R'Chaim Vital writes this. In the online Tanyas there is no mareh makom for Shaarei Kedusha but for Etz Chaim it is Shaar 5, perek 2 - but I don't see it there.
HI MRF, I DON'T CURRENTLY OWN THOSE SEFARIM, PERHAPS SOMEONE ELSE CAN LOOK IT UP FOR YOU. I DO KNOW THAT REBBE NACHMAN ZY'A MENTIONS THIS IDEA AS WELL IN LIKUTEI MOHARAN.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #112
Rabbi_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankel Nosson View Post
Tanya perek aleph:
"The souls of the nations of the world, however, emanate from the other, unclean kelipot which contain no good whatever"
Together with the answers provided in this thread, please allow me to state the obvious, by saying, that the above quote - and the whole segment that comes along with it - is straight from Eitz Chaim [Shaar (49) Klipas Noga ch. 3] as it says right in the Tanya there. To put things in context; questions on this very statement aren't really on the A"R, but instead, on the Arizal.
Rabbi_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #113
Rabbi_M

Now I see this discussed here: http://chabadtalk.com/forum/showthread.php3?t=8757
Rabbi_M is offline   Reply With Quote