Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 07-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
Never forget

The title says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOM3ErpDnvs
__________________
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
June 1991.

Chassidim didnt listen to the Rebbe THEN

and Chassidim dont listen to the Rebbe NOW

http://www.chabad.org/therebbe/livin...l-Shepherd.htm
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
June 1991.

Chassidim didnt listen to the Rebbe THEN

and Chassidim dont listen to the Rebbe NOW

http://www.chabad.org/therebbe/livin...l-Shepherd.htm
It's very bold of you to hide behind your keyboard and be moitzee shem rah on the Rebbe's Chassidim.
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
Thank you for proving my point.
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 425
You must be feeling really smart by now!
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #6
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
I am actually feeling really smart right now. You see, italics are a little to light for me, and like you said. I am bold.
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:17 AM   #7
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
June 1991.

Chassidim didnt listen to the Rebbe THEN

and Chassidim dont listen to the Rebbe NOW

http://www.chabad.org/therebbe/livin...l-Shepherd.htm
What's your point??!!!
__________________
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
FlyingAxe
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosheh5769 View Post
So, is this how Mishichistim vs. non-Mishichistim started? Are modern-day Mishichistim the same people who danced on Gimmel Tammuz and waited for the Rebbe to wake up, or are those people just a sub-group (or a separate group)? [Ignoring, obviously, that new people were born, joined Lubavitch, etc.]
FlyingAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosheh5769 View Post
What's your point??!!!

If you dont get the point then you wouldn't agree with the point.

So whats the point?
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #10
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 425
For the most part, the people who danced then make up a large part of today's mishichistin. Then there are, of course the baal teshuvas - as you mention. I think though, that over the past 17 years more and more of those people have cooled down in their beliefs and have drifted over to the other side. And I think the tzfatim are responsible for making more antis then mishichistin. What we're left with is 2 extremes on both sides, and a middle that doesn't care. Moderate attitudes are history.

Many communities (for one example: my own), both, tore kriah/said kadish and danced. Everyone was very confused, and every hour Rabbonim were telling us something else. Many people would remember this.
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,716
I for one, see no connection between post # 1 and post # 2. I also don't see the point behind post #2 at all.
If this is to be a thread of riddles, put it under the "riddle" heading.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #12
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
I for one, see no connection between post # 1 and post # 2. I also don't see the point behind post #2 at all.
If this is to be a thread of riddles, put it under the "riddle" heading.
Well if you cant see, then why speak?
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAxe View Post
So, is this how Mishichistim vs. non-Mishichistim started? Are modern-day Mishichistim the same people who danced on Gimmel Tammuz and waited for the Rebbe to wake up, or are those people just a sub-group (or a separate group)? [Ignoring, obviously, that new people were born, joined Lubavitch, etc.]
Things are still the same, and are even worse. In fact, Gimmel Tammuz has became a dancing day, as it was on GT 5754. They filmed it and every year they post it on 770live.com. The people are maybe not te same, but the phenomenom is the same. Every feast (as GT is a feast for them), the slogan is the same: People are waiting in great anticipation for the Rebbe's revelation.
__________________
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
FlyingAxe
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 607
So, what is the difference b/w GT and Lag B'Omer? (For those who don't dance.)
FlyingAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #15
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAxe View Post
So, what is the difference b/w GT and Lag B'Omer? (For those who don't dance.)
The difference is HUGE.

1st of all, the Rashbi gave a clear instruction to rejoice on his Hillula; the Rebbe never gave such instruction.

2nd, on the other hand, the Rebbe taught us how to behave on the Yarzheit of a Rebbe, and there was no such things as dancing. We all know how the Rebbe considered Yud Shvat and how he behaved on that special day. If he behaved like that for HIS Rebbe, how much more should we behave in the exact same way for OUR Rebbe.

3rd, The Rebbe treated each and every one of us as his own child. It's disrespectful and disgusting to dance the day your "father" dies.
__________________
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #16
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 425
Even according to the biggest mishichistin, it's not mufrach that in the FR's case we should be noiheg availus. Their whole point is that since no other Rebbe has assumed leadership after the Rebbe - the difference between the FR and the Rebbe is highlighted even stronger - and that in every dor there must be a live continuation of Moshe Rabbainu in a physical body. Seems you never quite got their point...

Many people would agree with you that it's a silly time to dance, but your svoros are faulty because you seem really misinformed - like you've never read up on the subject to even get involved in debate in the first place.

It's only disrespectful to you because you're trying to look through their paradigm without putting your own aside. They, obviously, don't consider it a day of "dying. They consider it a test of faith. That's why they keep their heads up high and dance. That's what the Rebbe would want us to do in any other test-like scenario.
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #17
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookoo Kabalist View Post
Even according to the biggest mishichistin, it's not mufrach that in the FR's case we should be noiheg availus. Their whole point is that since no other Rebbe has assumed leadership after the Rebbe - the difference between the FR and the Rebbe is highlighted even stronger - and that in every dor there must be a live continuation of Moshe Rabbainu in a physical body. Seems you never quite got their point...
I am not a lunatic! The Rebbe is at the Ohel. If you have difficulty to admit that there was an Histalkus, that's your problem!

The Rebbe is alive, sure! But in a spiritual life, not physical.

And you said it all: that in every dor there must be a live continuation of Moshe Rabbainu in a physical body.

So tell me, is the Rebbe alive in a physical body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookoo Kabalist View Post
Many people would agree with you that it's a silly time to dance, but your svoros are faulty because you seem really misinformed - like you've never read up on the subject to even get involved in debate in the first place.
The whole France is Meshichist. So, to tell me that I am misinformed about their ideology, opinions, etc., is quite misinforming.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookoo Kabalist View Post
It's only disrespectful to you because you're trying to look through their paradigm without putting your own aside. They, obviously, don't consider it a day of "dying. They consider it a test of faith. That's why they keep their heads up high and dance. That's what the Rebbe would want us to do in any other test-like scenario.
This has become the new slogan: "I can do whatever I want, I know the Rebbe wouild have agrred!" HOW can you be so sure of that? Tell me ONE instance when the Rebbe danced with tremendous joy and was exuberant on Yud Shevat. If it was what he wanted from us, he would have been a living example of that. Moreover, The Rebbe went often to the Ohel. How is it possible not to visit the Ohel of your own Rebbe?

There is a difference between a self-made conviction that the Rebbe is not at the Ohel, and the reality that GT happened and that the Rebbe is, in FACT, at the Ohel.
__________________
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 425
Not only are you unqualified to have this discussion simply because this is a subject that you're not educated in, but there also isn't a single shred of your post which actually relates to what I had addressed in mine. Aside, I also point out the hostile emotional flare - which doesn't belong in a logical discussion concerning the sichos that have been presented by a certain few.

If I do or don't prescribe to their believes is irrelevant here. I only stand to the defense that you do not have the rhyme or reason to attack them or their shittos based on your own. Like I keep saying - there are hundreds and hundreds of sichos in discussion. You're familiar with exactly... None!

Also, the Rebbe being alive and being at the Ohel are 2 different discussions. I'm not sure why you're mixing that in...

And "the whole France is mishichist". So you've seen a mishichist. Whoopee.
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #19
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 425
Having said that, this conversation ends here.

When you have something of substance to say, maybe I'll respond.
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #20
FlyingAxe
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 607
I dont understand why its necessary to use ad hominem attacks (i.e., discuss ones opponents personality as opposed to his ideas).

I asked about the reason that those people who dont treat Gimmel Tammuz as a happy occasion do so, despite the fact that the passing of other tzaddikim, such as Rashbi, is treated that way (plus, everything we know in Chassidus about the concept of the passing of tzaddikim). mosheh5769 gave me an answer which to me was very comprehensible (although I still have some questions). If someone thinks his answer vis-a-vis non-Mishichistim doesnt make sense, one can explain why not. If someone thinks that the position of non-Mishichistim itself doesnt make sense (although thats a separate topic), one can explain why not. Using facts, ideas and arguments as explanation, not personal attacks.

Saying You are not qualified to speak about this, because you have no idea what youre talking about, so just shut up leads to nowhere. I, for instance, do not become more enlightened as to the opposite sides position, nor do I see from this statement in what way mosheg5769 was wrong.
FlyingAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #21
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 425
This thread's was opened on g/t with the intention to "attack" apposing opinions - not for the sake of creating discussion. I read it before the moderators got to it and deleted parts of his post. Perhaps that has something to do with the fact he isn't getting a discussion out of me. He didn't come here to share and discuss.

The discussion's been had here on Chabadtalk a zillion times already so I'm not going to go through this again. There's plenty to read up on this. Just use the search feature. No need to hash out the same arguments over and over...
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #22
FlyingAxe
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 607
I am aware of the search feature. If I posted a question, I obviously wanted people to answer within the context of this tread. There is something to be said for direct discussion with someone as opposed to reading archives.

Those who are tired going over the same thing again are free to remain silent.
FlyingAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
Well if you cant see, then why speak?
Thank you for the clear and concise answer. That cleared up everything.
In other words, only ask if you know the answer. Got it.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #24
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
Thank you for the clear and concise answer. That cleared up everything.
In other words, only ask if you know the answer. Got it.

A video was posted of Chassidim dancing for joy on Gimmel Tammuz. For whatever reason they had.

A second video was posted with the Rebbe saying that the Chassidim dont listen to me here in America so if I moved to Israel, they definitely wouldnt listen to me.

Your opinion is that not only do neither video have any connection, but that video number two has no business in this thread.

Sort of like ChabadTalk in general.

I have an opinion and if anyone disagrees with me I will invest endless amounts of time and effort to explain how I am correct and that the opposing view and the one who hold it are "stupid"

Thousands of posts on Rebbe, Moshiach, Gimmel Tammuz.

Now I ask, has anyone at the end of all this change his mind? Has anyone become a Meshichist or vice versa?

Yawn...

I should take my own advice and see and speak less.
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #25
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,716
I am not aware I stated an opinion. Thanks for putting words in my mouth.
[I also have a slight quibble with your interpretation of the second video posted - but that is another conversation].
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't forget the Nossi BLewbavitch Holidays 24 03-18-2010 07:51 PM
Could This Happen In Lubavitch? Torah613 Chinuch 32 09-07-2008 07:50 PM
Could it happen twice? calmsoul Shidduchim & Marriage 17 02-17-2005 03:24 AM
Why did the Holocaust Happen? Skeptical Mivtzoim Questions 39 10-28-2003 02:44 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2016 ChabadTalk.com