Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > General

Unread 04-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Yissachar

2011 comet and asteroid close passes

A bit unusual to have such a big comet and asteroid pass so close to the Earth within weeks of eachother

16 October 2011 comet (17 Tishrei 5772)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Elenin

8 November 2011 asteroid (10 Cheshvan 5772)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/hugeas...WdlYXN0ZXJvaWQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asteroid-hits-earth-2.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1485  
Yissachar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

and the significance of this is?
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Just wait for some "mekubal" to hear of this...
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

Yissachar has only 37 posts on ChabadTalk, but what a reputation!

At least, your posts make us smile. You're accomplishing a great Mitzvah: helping us to be B'Simcha!
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:38 AM   #5
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar View Post
That we are close to the "end of the world"
Unread 04-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Yissachar

"Surely in that day there will be a great shaking in the land of Israel; so thatthe fishes of the sea, the fowls of the heaven, the beastsof the field, all the creeping things and all the men that are on the face of the earth will shake at My presence; and the mountains will be overthrown, the cliffs will topple and every wall will collapse" (Yechezkel 38:19).

When Tokyo was destroyed by an earthquake in 1923, killing 60,000, the Chofetz Chayim did not stop speaking about it for ten years, saying that it was a sign for his generation to mend its ways.

"God sends earthquakes when he sees places of amusement and entertainment overly flourishing, while the Temple lies a heap of dust and ashes" (Jerusalem Talmud Berachot 9)!

The path of theses comets and asteroids are sufficently unpredictable that direct collision with the Earth cannot been ruled out by the astronomers, lo aleinu! Let alone the high potential it has for discharging the Solar Capacitor with possible repercussions on Earth including increased volcanic, and tornado activity, damage to the protective Ozone Layer and Van Allen Belts, and effects on gravity, tides and ....earthquakes!.

Comets have always been taken to portend wars or epidemics, and they appeared at the time of the Exodus from Egypt, the murder of Caesar, the destruction of the Second Temple, the Norman Conquest, the Black Death, Napoleon's invasion of Russia, World War 1, Yom Kippur War, Chernobyl etc: "Should a comet ever pass across the face of Orion, the Earth will be destroyed" (Brochos 58)!

The Zohar (Bolok 212) foretells that the appearance of a huge comet in the heavens will portend the destruction of Rome, world calamities, earthquakes, fighting in Jerusalem, and the advent of the Moshiach! "A star will step forth out of Yaakov" (Bamidbar 24) - "if the Jews merit it, the redemption will arrive like a comet" (Ohr Hachayim)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar View Post
Yissachar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

interesting
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
Joel3000

Now there is a fourth comet due...

According to news sources we can expect comets Honda, Elenin and Levy this fall. Elenin, arriving on Rosh Hashanah 5772, may have enough gravitational pull to be dragging space debris in it's wake. Now we must add YU-55 to the list. This comet is very distressing because it is huge and will pass between earth and the moon. FEMA has scheduled mock drills on day it is scheduled to possible strike the moon in November.

As I read Josephus' accounts in 66 AD, he states that a (Haley's) Comet looked like a sword in the sky hovering over Jerusalem four years prior to the heinous murders and destruction of the second temple.

Is it possible that Hashem was offering a four year warning to Jerusalem to evacuate immediately in 66 AD? And could these 2011 comets portend a four year warning to those in Jerusalem today? If so, what might that warning be?

If this theory is plausible, there would need to be a sign in the sky due in four years. Coincidentally, there is another Blood Moon Tetrad due in 2014-2015. A Blood Moon Tetrad is four consecutive deep reddish-colored full lunar eclipses on Pesach and Sukkot in successive years. Please note: We had Tetrads in 1493-1494 after the Alahambra Decree kicked Jews (and Muslims) out of Spain/Columbus. Then there was another tetrad in 1539-1540, when Suileman (Shlomo in Arabic) the Magnificent rebuilt Jerusalem's walls. The next tetrads occurred in 1949-1950 and 1967-1968. You know the significance with those dates.

Our next tetrad due after 2014-2015 is in 2582-2583. That's a long time from now. Since there are no coincidences with Hashem, what does all this mean?
Joel3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Joel3000

Two comets reported on 1 Tishrei 5772

According to sources, Comet Elenin will illuminate the twelve stars in the head of the Virgo Constellation during the evening of 1 Tishrei 5772. That same evening--as the sun sets and the moon rises in the Virgo Constellation--Comet Honda will illuminate the Hydra Constellation. On 18 Tishrei (Sukkot 4) Comet Elenin will be dangerously close to the earth. What this means is another question.

A few weeks later on 11 cheshvan 5772, Comet YU-55 will pass "Between" the earth and the moon.

Recent sun spots have been frightening and explosive. The USA Congress is on an unexpected long break and some say President Obama is hiding in a Denver bunker beginning Rosh Hashanah through 20 Tishrei 5772.

The prophet Yoel tells us about blood moons like we'll see on Pesach 2014 and 2015 and Sukkot 2014 and 2015. And these signs are four years hence.

We survived in Goshen during the Egyptian plagues. Is Jerusalem our "Goshen" today?
Unread 11-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
Joel3000

A Temple theory based on NASA information

Only Hashem knows when the Temple will be built, however I have theory based on NASA information. Let's assume that my Tetrads of Blood Moon Eclipses on Pesach and Sukkot in 1492-1493, 1539-1540, 1949-1950, 1967-1968 and 2014-2015 are correct. Each one is easily verifiable. Let's examine them individually.

Please note that 1492-1493 Tetrad affected Jews in by moving them from Spain back somewhat closer to Israel. The next tetrad of 1539-1540 reminds us of Nehemiah hearing the edict from Artxerxes in 14 Nisan 3315 (a plausible midrash) to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Please note the narrowing of focus.

The next tetrad is another narrowing of focus. In 1948 Israel becomes a nation and in 1949-1950 there is another tetrad. In 1967-1968 the focus narrows again to Jerusalem amidst another tetrad.

The next tetrad due is in 2014-2015, with the goal being the Temple. Since every other tetrad has proved to narrow the focus, could this portend offerings beginning four days prior to Pesach 2016 (5776)? (I have other evidence. However, for now, ponder this tetrad theory first.)

I feel its best to allow everyone to mull over my information before I introduce my "Triangulation Theory" that concurs with my Temple dating theory. Shalom.
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
chas4116

blood moon

Strange that I have never heard of blood moons, but I did have a dream a few years ago that seemed to me to be in a layout of text, this is how I remember it.

When the moon is red make your covenant with God,
and adorn yourself in the teachings of J**** ******.

Is this telling us something, do you have any comments
chas4116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
Joel3000

Your Blood Moon dream

Chas, I believe that Yoel (2:31) stated that 'Before the Day of Hashem', the sun will be turned to darkness or sackcloth. In November of 2013 there will be an interesting hybrid eclipse of the sun. The darkness will resemble a belt encircling the eretz, including Jerusalem.
Also Yoel states the moon will turn to blood. On Pesach of 2014 and 2015 and Sukkot of 2014 and 2015 there will be 'Blood Red Eclipses' of the moon.

Sukkah 29a It was taught: R. Meir said, Whenever the luminaries are in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel since they are inured to blows. This may be compared to a school teacher who comes to school with a strap in his hand. Who becomes apprehensive? He who is accustomed to be daily punished. Our Rabbis taught, When the sun is in eclipse it is a bad omen for idolaters; when Lavanah (Moon) is in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel, since Israel reckons by Lavanah (Moon) and idolaters by the sun. If it is in eclipse in the east, it is a bad omen for those who dwell in the east; if in the west, it is a bad omen for those who dwell in the west; if in the midst of heaven it is bad omen for the whole world. If its face is red as blood, [it is a sign that] the sword is coming to the world; if it is like sack-cloth, the arrows of famine are coming to the world; if it resembles both, the sword and the arrows of famine are coming to the world. If the eclipse is at sunset calamity will tarry in its coming; if at dawn, it hastens on its way: but some say the order is to be reversed. And there is no nation which is smitten that its gods are not smitten together with it, as it is said, And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments. But when Israel fulfill the will of the Omnipresent, they need have no fear of all these [omens] as it is said, Thus saith the HaShem,' Learn not the way of the nations, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven, for the nations are dismayed at them, the idolaters will be dismayed, but Israel will not be dismayed.

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}