Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
The Rebbe's Palace

Some years ago, R. Rivkin wanted to build a palace for the Rebbe. Was it serious? Did the project receive the blessing or approval of the Rebbe? Acccording to a certain version of the story, nearly ten and a half years went by, in the course of which R' Rivkin didn't stop asking for permission to build. However, the Rebbe didn't give him permission to begin, and answered, "It is not yet the time."

At the end of Shvat 5752, a change occurred. Mrs. Naomi Rivkin passed by the Rebbe at a "general yechidus" and she said that her husband asked if he could begin building the Palace for the Rebbe.

The Rebbe answered with a smile, "Ask a Rav in Eretz Yisroel."

This answer is seen as an approval but for me it's ambiguous and may also be seen not as an approval or an activity in which the Rebbe did not really want to get involved. Maybe I'm wrong.

Has the project been abandoned since? If not, what is the progress of the construction?

Who has some details or elements unknown by me on this story?
__________________
כל ישראל יש להם חלק לעולם הבא
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
http://moshiachpalace.com/list.aspx?cat=90

You can choose a contribution for 7.700.000 that are aprox 2 million dollars as a single donation for the palace
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
I took a quick look at the link you posted. Is that what is said on this website is true?

I am not rich enough to make such a huge contribution.

if what is said on this website is true, it is somewhat surprising that for so many years, construction have not yet reached a critical level, because I have not seen or heard anything in Kfar Chabad during my visits there about this project.
__________________
כל ישראל יש להם חלק לעולם הבא
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,716
Surprising? Nu nu.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosheh5769 View Post
if what is said on this website is true, it is somewhat surprising that for so many years, construction have not yet reached a critical level, because I have not seen or heard anything in Kfar Chabad during my visits there about this project.
Same goes for the plans to expand 770...
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
In fact, it's not really surprising. Except for those among chabad who don't admit the Rebbe is niftar, what's the need to build him a palace? I'm imaging scenes like this: some people deploying the red carpet and opening the door because the Rebbe is entering his palace, someone responsable for his chair because behold the Rabbi is going to sit, etc.. you know exactly the things that are happening at 770, because in their minds the Rebbe is not niftar. But normal people know the Rebbe is niftar so what's the need of building him a palace???

Concerning the expansion of 770, given the present state of 770 described above (in a summary), we don't need an expansion of Avodah Zarah. Maybe when things will be fixed up and when 770 will be once again a place for every chosid to pray in, the expansion will be welcomed. (people do not even agree on who owns 770)
__________________
כל ישראל יש להם חלק לעולם הבא
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
lol

It sounds like the Rebbe said " a palace" like joking, (not just a house)

and then, when it was taken seriously,the Rebbe said" do not start it"
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar View Post
lol

It sounds like the Rebbe said " a palace" like joking, (not just a house)

and then, when it was taken seriously,the Rebbe said" do not start it"
Exactly what I though hence my questions because I don't see any hint of approval in the Rebbe's answer. Moreover, for many years the Rebbe refused to give R. Rivkin his approval and told him not to start building. Even in the last answer "Ask a Rabbi", I don't see any hint of approval. And finally, we all know the humility of the Rebbe, why would he required a palace when we offered him a house? (And I don't think the Rebbe would have agreed to leave Crown Heights to make Aliyah to occupy his "palace").

The Rebbe demonstrated on many occasions a tough sense of humor. I think it was the case concerning that palace.
__________________
כל ישראל יש להם חלק לעולם הבא
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
there are many things like this
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
I dont believe this for a second! That our Rebbe, who turned down so many lavaish physical things, and could have had 75% of polish and hugarian chassidim following him if he would have just done things like those Rebbeim ie: thousand dollar wardrobe, huge houses, etc, would want someone to raise $1,000,000 (imagine inflation now it is at over 1.5 million) on a home for the Rebbe.

This is shear insanity.
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
Rebbe's house on President has more value
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
The Rebbe's house on president st was most likely purchased for 100 or so thousand dollars still a pretty penny then. It increased in value based on surrounding properties and other factors.

Much different then spending 1,000,000 on a "palace" for the Rebbe. The Rebbe never said ok and "go ask a rov in eretz yisroel" who did he ask? What do the rabbonim of Chabad say? Why is it on a fringe group say the Rebbe supported this with vigor.

Ideas like this make a mockery of the Rebbe and Chassidus.
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #13
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
it's jus an interpretation
the Rebbe said the word "palace"
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
I dont believe it was serious. this isnt something on video is it? This is a guy going to the Rebbe for a dollar and interpreting something and relaying it to his brother.

I think excitement got the best of him and now you have baal teshuvahs spreading this message around as if it was on of the mivtzoim!

The Rebbe is alive and needs a palace in kfar chabad because when he reveals himself, that is where he is going to live.

yea thats really helping people do teshuvah, come back to Torah, increase their Torah, and learn Chassidus.

Its selfish to let your emotions run public which in turn prevents the Rebbes overall message of being accomplished because the avg. Jew doesnt "understand" the emes.

Narishkeit.
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
http://moshiachpalace.com/video.aspx

start sending money
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
I would never. That wasnt a public call for people to donate. That seems that if he wants to build a house for the Rebbe that HE should build it.

That isnt a public call to have people donate money for such a waste of tzedakah.

R' Ashkenazi still backs it being built right now?
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
And there you have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosheh5769 View Post

The Rebbe demonstrated on many occasions a tough sense of humor. I think it was the case concerning that palace.
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
And there you have it.
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
danzinger
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 293
You can't build a palace for the king before there is a Mikdash for Hashem.
__________________
!חכמים, הזהרו בדבריכם
danzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #20
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
That our Rebbe, who turned down so many lavaish physical things, and could have had 75% of polish and hugarian chassidim following him if he would have just done things like those Rebbeim ie: thousand dollar wardrobe, huge houses, etc,
I guess this insult against many fine Rebbe'im and Jews is very important to bring out your point.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #21
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
I guess this insult against many fine Rebbe'im and Jews is very important to bring out your point.
Its not insulting its a fact. Nothing negative or to be ashamed of. Chagas chassidus is chitznois and the "concept" of Chabad is pnemius although I hardly see such a state these days.

I think a perfect example is of the saintly Rebbe Reb Yisroel of Ruzhin. He had a diamond button bekeshe and solid gold boots.

One night durring kiddush levanah the chassidim noticed blood where the Rebbe stood. They came to realize that those gold boots had no soles and he walked barefoot in the snow and wherever else he went.

I wasnt insulting other chassidim but stating an obvious undeniable truth about them. How much time have you spent around Polish and Hungarish chassidim?
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #22
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,716
BH, plenty. In my opinion, my comment stands.
[You could also have mentioned the Rebbe Maharash...].
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #23
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
http://koshertube.com/videos/index.p...ctlink&id=4734
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
Lamp Lighter
Senior Member
 
Lamp Lighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
BH, plenty. In my opinion, my comment stands.
[You could also have mentioned the Rebbe Maharash...].
Sort of sums up your general attitude on this board. Therefore I am not surprised.
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #25
mosheh5769
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,429
I remember plenty of occasions where the Rebbe mentionned that there was absolutely no problem for a yid being rich and blessed with wealth, and that it was even necessary in our Avodas Hashem.
__________________
כל ישראל יש להם חלק לעולם הבא
mosheh5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Rebbe's Languages magdiel The World of Lubavitch 63 01-17-2011 02:39 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2016 ChabadTalk.com