Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > Farbrengen

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 02-22-2006, 12:58 AM   #26
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Moshiach has already come, but he is waiting for us to reveal him. If there is a wall preventing us from seeing him, we must know that it is our wall and that we have to try to break it, or at least make a window. The way to do this is through avoda b'simcha, for as we know, simcha poretz geder (and especially as we are about to enter the month of adar, as it says, mishenichnas adar marbim bsimcha).

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2006, 09:44 AM   #27
ykh
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumkite
OK - I tried it - I went up to a bunch of people heading up to a l'viah at Har Menuchot and told them Moshiach's already here, there's no more death, and that they just need to "get up and do something- and then it'll be reality, and you'll feel it!!!"

And guess what - it worked. They all "felt it" and realized that their relative didn't really die - so they went home and left the guf just where it was.
If they really felt, the corpse would actually get up.
ykh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2006, 09:55 AM   #28
Hiskashrus
Diamond Member

Quote:
If there is a wall preventing us from seeing him, we must know that it is our wall and that we have to try to break it, or at least make a window
in chassidus (and correspondingly, in nefesh haodom) wall and window have their meanings.
Unread 02-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #29
niggun

The Rebbe clearly stated in 5751 that aschalta digeula didn't start yet.

The Rebbe explains however that there already exists many tastes and and 'meyein's and preparations of Moshiach (like on Erev Shabos we taste EVERY tavshil of Shabbos). This causes that when Moshiach does come, all the Yiudim of Moshiach, and the state the world will be in when it happens, will NOT be totally different from what it is now, because all the tastes and 'meyen's prepared the world so that the jump is not as big - on the contrary the jump itself will be an obvious progression.

This explains the Rambam's saying that there will be no difference between the times of Moshiach and Golus (except Shibud), despite the apparently wonderous world we are promised the world will be.

In light of the above, we are told by the Rebbe to start to act Moshiachdig as a preparation for Moshiach, and to open our eyes to see Moshiach (ie how the world is being prepared for Moshiach, and how we are experiencing the tastes of Moshiach).

The Rebbe also said in the same year that the Metzius of Moshiach already exists, as well as the Shor Habor and Livyason, etc, and we need only open our eyes to see them. At the same time, the Ischalto Di'Geula didn't yet start.

Let's open our eyes to see Moshiach, so that the Ischalto De'Geula should already commence.

-----------
P.S. Note to moderator:

The initiater of this thread explicitly stated he wanted to keep this thread 'clean', and on topic. One or two members seem to be dishonoring this, in addition to the fact that they are not keeping to the rules of the forum:

10. Avoid words of incitement. Language meant merely to mock, divide, and insult should *never* be used.

If you see a thread going of topic, please report it to the moderator, so we could split the thread.

2. Participants on these forums are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

When making posts, have them relate to the topic and refrain from looking like a fool. Keep on topic and make sure to think before you post. Many members find it annoying when posts are off topic and don't make sense. If a member continues to do this, a warning may be issued.

(I'm referring specifically to posts such as #22 and #24)

Thanks mods,

Niggun

Last edited by niggun; 02-22-2006 at 03:21 PM.
niggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #30
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumkite
But, KM, you're holding by Moshiach Vadai!
I am actually unclear on that issue, but what does it have to do with what we were speaking about? Aren't Moshiach vadai and eschata d'geulah two different issues?
JewishHiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #31
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggun
The Rebbe clearly stated in 5751 that aschalta digeula didn't start yet. ...

The Rebbe also said in the same year that the Metzius of Moshiach already exists, as well as the Shor Habor and Livyason, etc, and we need only open our eyes to see them. At the same time, the Ischalto Di'Geula didn't yet start.

Let's open our eyes to see Moshiach, so that the Ischalto De'Geula should already commence.
What are you referring to from 5751 as being a statement of the Rebbe that eschalta d'geulah has not started yet? (According to my Rav, the eschalta d'geulah has already started.)
JewishHiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2006, 05:12 PM   #32
niggun

I'll find the source today BL"N. But it was an explicit statement as I remember it.
niggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #33
Aaronke
Silver Member

I met an interesting Litvishe guy in Flatbush. He has some relatives who are Lubavitch. He told me that before 3 Tammuz there was no question that the Rebbe was going to be Moshiach since he is the leader. After 3 Tammuz he still CAN be, however he won't be since we MESSED UP just as the zionists did back in the day and Moshiach will NOT come until 6,000 case closed!
His ignorance not withstanding, is there ANY truth to the claim that WE MESSED UP?
Aaronke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2006, 10:17 PM   #34
Hiskashrus
Diamond Member

messed up what? you had to be doing something right in order to mess up. explain what was done right, and what got "messed up" after 3 tammuz.
Unread 02-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #35
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronke
I met an interesting Litvishe guy in Flatbush. He has some relatives who are Lubavitch. He told me that before 3 Tammuz there was no question that the Rebbe was going to be Moshiach since he is the leader. After 3 Tammuz he still CAN be, however he won't be since we MESSED UP just as the zionists did back in the day and Moshiach will NOT come until 6,000 case closed!
His ignorance not withstanding, is there ANY truth to the claim that WE MESSED UP?
If this fellow is attempting to equate the year 6000 as the beginning of the 7th day, he should remember that each day is as a thousand years. The year 6000 is not the beginning of the seventh day. The evening and the morning were the first day. Hence, the seventh day begins at the approximate equivalent of the last quarter of the 6th day or the year 5750 (Gregorian year 1989.) Moshiach didn't take a hike because folks messed up. He is alive and well.
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2006, 01:22 AM   #36
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

The time of our Redemption has arrived!" and "Moshiach is on his way!"
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2006, 06:16 AM   #37
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Eta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar
The time of our Redemption has arrived!" and "Moshiach is on his way!"
See Zechariah 9:9
9. Be exceedingly happy, O daughter of Zion; Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem. Behold! Your king shall come to you. He is just and victorious; humble, and riding a donkey and a foal, the offspring of [one of] she-donkeys.

Rashi's commentary:
Behold! Your king shall come to you It is impossible to interpret this except as referring to the King Messiah, as it is stated: “and his rule shall be from sea to sea.” We do not find that Israel had such a ruler during the days of the Second Temple.
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #38
zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kol Mevaser
I am actually unclear on that issue, but what does it have to do with what we were speaking about? Aren't Moshiach vadai and eschata d'geulah two different issues?
well not totally.
The Rebbe in nUn alef says that sice there has not yet been Yaamod melech mibeis David... it is not ashchalta digeula and not even aschalta diaschalta digeula.
In many other places the rebbe identifies Aschalta digeula with Moshiach starting his mission.
It would seem clear that all the Nun alef and Nun beis peulso pf Moshiach so to speak were only 'meeyn' as the rebbe himself says of the actual start of the messianic mission.
the actual mission has not yet started.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #39
zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kol Mevaser
What are you referring to from 5751 as being a statement of the Rebbe that eschalta d'geulah has not started yet? (According to my Rav, the eschalta d'geulah has already started.)
Its In Toras Menachem in the hashlamos for Vayera nun alef, if I'm not mistaken.
I guess your Rav is a zionist. (arent all meshichisten zionists in this context?)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 01:09 AM   #40
TomimnotChakran

Inspiration

Kol Yemei Chayecho - L'hovi Liyemos Hamoshiach!
TomimnotChakran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 02:05 AM   #41
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Everyone knows that sleep is deepest before daybreak. We must be strong and vigilant, therefore, not to slumber through the great moment, so that we will be fit receptors for the light of day. This is something that every Jew should know. Accordingly, whenever one meets a fellow Jew one should tell him: "Listen here, my brother! Don't fall asleep before daybreak!"

Sefer HaSichos 5696 [1936], p. 316

Unread 02-27-2006, 06:20 AM   #42
TomimnotChakran

The Rebbe explains in a Sicha, - I don't recall when, but I watched it on a "Living Torah" - that the truth is that the night reaches its' peak of darkness at midnight (as it's explained in many places in Chassidus), and then it starts getting lighter until daybrek. It's just that the time right before daybreak feels the darkest.
TomimnotChakran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:13 AM   #43
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

We want Moshiach now, we want Moshiach now!
we want Moshiach now, we want Moshiach now!
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:49 AM   #44
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

And we're not going to be satisfied and wait!

Unread 02-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #45
ykh
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronke
You (not you personally) can say whatever, but only regarding the time up to this very moment. You are supposed to belive that Moshiach is coming right now and demand it with the full force as the Rebbe writes. Any thought, that Moshiach is not coming right now is from sitra achra. That's what it seems to me. All these explanations why not now, this moment, looks like a search for an excuse not to want, not to be eager, not to anticipate, not to demand and so on.
ykh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 03:05 AM   #46
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Here's a not-so-famous one:
Quote:
Yalkut Shimoni (421): Rabbi Yishmael would say: Three wars of confusion will be waged by the Bnei Yishmael in the future at the end of days. One at sea and with drawn bow, one on dry land with drawn sword, and one on a great city which is worse than the other two, as it says, "and because of the severity of war" and from there Ben Dovid will sprout and will see the destruction of these and those, and from there he will come to Eretz Yisroel, as it says, "who is this who comes from Edom...why are your clothes red...for it is a day of vengeance in my heart... (Melachim remez 261).

Unread 03-01-2006, 03:15 AM   #47
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

My class made a shabbaton last week- we decided we wanted to do it on Wednesday, we decided to do it for sure on Thursdeay, and Friday we left for the shabbaton (and came back motzei Shabbos after having a literally smashing time!). Basically we were all blown away by the fact that we put the whole thing together in literally one day (two if you like)- and it was amazing.
Which just goes to show- 'Im tirtzu ain zot agada'- if you really want something you'll make it happen. SO- where does that leave us? If we can't see moshiach b'giluy- that technically means we don't want geula- which makes us kofrim, ch"v! We'd better shape up and do something- and really want it!!

Unread 03-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #48
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Mishenichnas adar marbim b'simcha- and as we all know, simcha poretz geder. Through doing our avoda with true simcha, simcha betaharasa, we can be poretz all the gederim v'hagvalos that are acting as an ikuv to the final revelation of Moshiach NOW!!!!

Unread 03-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #49
Hiskashrus
Diamond Member

the rebbe requested dancing with live music (K'lei Zemer) - party on !!!
Unread 03-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #50
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member