Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > Farbrengen

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 02-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Moshiach Thought

Basically in our school, each morning someone says a moshiach thought--either taken from the book 'From Exile to Redemption' or just a lesson we can learn from one girl's personal experiences. So I just had this idea- let's all share a moshiach thought, one a day, and see what happens...YOu never know, it might inspire someone. And guys- let's please keep this thread limited to only the thoughts themselves, unless you have another piece of inspiration based on those thoughts- meaning, no jibber jabber. Is that possible? (No, don't respond, just keep the thread clean.)

I'll go first: My sister woke up one morning, and I was like, hi S'ita (nickname!). She said, 'I'm in a bad mood, don't talk to me.' So I asked her if she wanted to be in a bad mood, since sometimes it's fun. She said no, she didn't. So I told her- should I tell u how to get in a good mood? And since she said yes, I told her this: Put a smile on your face, and if someone asks you how u are, so you say 'Fine, B"H, I'mdoing absolutely amazing, I couldn't be better..' And you keep smiling, no matter what,a n then you'll see, you'll be in a good mood, just like that- it'll be that ull just realize that hey,ur not in a bad mood anymore. She's like, ____, ur crazy. I'm likeno, I'm serious, it really does work. The only thing is that you have to really mean it, bc if u dont then ur just wasting ur itme and energy. I promise you. Try it. And she keeps inisting I'm nuts.
So I told the school-basically its the same thing- you have to act like moshiach is here, and totally psyche urself, and go around telling people, and then before you know it, it'll actually be geula. Except that u have to do it now- or else u might get stuck later, ch"v. So go for it- psyche urself! And soon, IY"H, we'll all just realize that hey, it's totally b'gilui, u don't have to do any avoda in order to see moshiach.......

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
DW Duke
Diamond Member

I like this thread. I will go next.

Love and forgiveness.
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

According to Rabbi Tzvi Homnick, (as I heard from him years ago in Crown Heights), the Rebbe was encouraging us in the latter years especially that now our service of HaShem should be with a special emphasis on simcha all the time as much as possible.

This is something that I have really been struggling with myself. I keep wishing that HaShem would end the exile, so that it will be natural to be b'simcha.
JewishHiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Just like the darkest hour is right before the dawn, so, too, when things seem the worst, you know for sure that this is only because dawn is about to break, and we're about to see geula b'gashmiyus.

Unread 02-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

al tirah mipachad pitom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorthinker
Just like the darkest hour is right before the dawn, so, too, when things seem the worst, you know for sure that this is only because dawn is about to break, and we're about to see geula b'gashmiyus.
Interesting that you say that. I was just thinking today (with everything going on in the news and all) about the verses that we say after Aleinu in the Chabad Sidur, "Al tirah mipachad pitom etc.", it's probably referring to the birth pangs of the geulah shleimah!

If I am not mistaken, I think that the Rebbe [] may have actually been the one who had these psukim added to the nusach in the siddur (someone please correct me about that if I am wrong.)
Unread 02-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #6
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

You are wrong, most siddurim have it.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #7
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

If there would be even one, two, or three people among us who would scream ad masai with an emes, moshiach would have already been revealed. (I'm quoting as accurately as possible, but I don't remember the source.)
ps-i just remembered-its probably in chof ches nissan 5751

Unread 02-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
If there would be even one, two, or three people among us who would scream ad masai with an emes, moshiach would have already been revealed. (I'm quoting as accurately as possible, but I don't remember the source.)
ps-i just remembered-its probably in chof ches nissan 5751
While we are screaming is he standing next to us with a big grin on his face wondering when we are ever going to see him.
Unread 02-12-2006, 08:44 PM   #9
Hiskashrus
Diamond Member

i think the addition was ach tzadikim?
Unread 02-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #10
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Duke
While we are screaming is he standing next to us with a big grin on his face wondering when we are ever going to see him.
no, he's waiting for us to scream with an emes, and when we reallly want to see him, so much that we scream it with an emes, then well realize that hes already there

Unread 02-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #11
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
no, he's waiting for us to scream with an emes, and when we reallly want to see him, so much that we scream it with an emes, then well realize that hes already there
Bingo.
Unread 02-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #12
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiskashrus
i think the addition was ach tzadikim?
Was not an addition by the Rebbe (which is why it always was in our (and other) siddur(im), even before the Rebbe spoke about it), just an extra "push" to publicize it's saying. See LS v 25 p 374-5.

Last edited by Torah613; 02-12-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Unread 02-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #13
Frumkite
Gold Member

Lazer Beams

Are these quotes from R' Lazer Brody's blog accurate?

http://www.lazerbrody.typepad.com/
February 09, 2006

Quote:
<H3 class=entry-header>Can we believe the tzaddikim?
Quote:

Earlier today, I received a high-octane thought-provoking letter from Akiva M, one Jewish Bloggery's favorite sons, with eye-opening quotes sent to him by Alan S:
Shalom Rabbi Brody:
Please give me your take on the following quotes. In light of them, are the pronouncements of the geulah meaningful? Are the statements prophecies or only wishful thinking? Here they are:
1. The fifth Lubavitcher Rebbe said in 1908: "We are now in the last generation...now is the generation of Moshiach...the present generation is the generation of Moshiach without any doubt." (Toras Shmuel 5667, pp. 73-74.)

2. The sixth Lubavitcher Rebbe said in 1927: "We are entering a new era in our time...and I do not mean spiritual revelations, I mean actually greeting Moshiach. I am not giving an extended period of time for this, it will be in my lifetime." (Sefer ha-Sichos 5687, pp. 121-122.)

3. In 1952 the Rebbe, the seventh generation of Lubavitcher Rebbes, said: "Moshiach is about to arrive...And not only the younger of the group but the eldest of the group — in his lifetime Moshiach will come." (Edited and published in Likutei Sichos vol. 1, p. 263.)

4. Further, look at this quote in Chabad's Hayom Yom (Thursday Sh'vat 8 5703), said by the Rebbe Rayetz in the middle of the Holocaust, 1943: "It is a Mitzva and duty of every Rabbi in Israel to inform his congregation that the current tribulations and agonies are the birth-pangs of Mashiach."
These kinds of statements were said so often and they never happened. So why keep saying them when every time they don't happen? Why should people have taken the Rebbe seriously when he said that the 7th generation will be redeemed when the many identical earlier predictions didn't happen? I just don't understand why the Rebbeim made statements like this because after a while people will just start to think they are crying wolf. And the people will lose faith in their Rebbe...unless the Rebbeim made these statements conditional on the people doing teshuva, or giving more tzedaka or learning more, etc.
Thanks for your thoughts. Be well, Akiva

Shalom, Akiva!
Your question is seemingly a stumper, but the answer is actually quite simple: When each tzaddik spoke, it was true! The respective Rebbes did feel the imminent coming of Moshiach with all their senses, and as the leaders of Klal Yisroel, felt duty-bound to prepare the masses.
Nothing can happen in this world without Hashem; therefore, Hashem is personally causing the delays as a test of our faith. By real unshaking faith - emuna - we merit the redemption. The harder the test, the bigger the rewards. This week's Torah portion (Exodus 14:31) praises the Jews for believing in "Hashem and in Moses His servant", literally linking belief in the Tzaddik to belief in Hashem.
The holiest of our Talmudic sages, including Rebbe Yochanan, Raba, and Ula said (tractate Sanhedrin 98b), Yese velo achimeno, or "Let Moshiach come, and I don't want to be around to see him!" Sound sacrilegious? Rebbe Nachman of Breslev warned that many would lose faith (enlightenment, assimilation, holocaust, etc.) directly before the coming of Moshiach. The holy sages therefore doubted that they could withstand such severe tests of faith that these latter generations would be required to undergo.
The name of the survival game in these times is emuna - simple faith. Even if you show me a thousand times that the tzaddikim were wrong (which they weren't), I'll still believe them and wait innocently for Moshiach every single second. Again, this week's parsha teaches emunas tzaddikim - Vayaminu Ba'shem uveMoshe avdo. Hold on, Akiva - now's the time to strengthen faith; everybody knows that things are coming to a climax. Don't let anything - disengagement, Amona, or morally decadent politicians - weaken your emuna. The old song (Gene La Marr, 1958) says "Just a little bit longer".
It was wonderful seeing you in New Jersey - I hope our next photo together will be in the Beis HaMikdash. Yours with warmest blessings and friendship, Lazer

</H3>
Frumkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #14
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Yes they are, and there even more explicit ones from the previous Rebbe.
Unread 02-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #15
chabadsmiles

Bs"d
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!
Awesome majorthinker! Now there's something to actually read!
Anyway all we gotta do is stop dreaming and make it reallity!!!! LOL!!!!!!!
Moshiach Now!!!!
chabadsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #16
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Thanx a lot, chabadsmiles. It's nice to know someone appreciates my efforts.
Right now I'm out of inspiration, but I still feel I should post a moshiach thought. So I guess I'm gonna use the fact that I feel blah as a springboard- even when you feel down in the dumps, you still have to remember that moshiach is coming, and he'll come whether or not you help. So the question we have to ask ourselves is this: do I want moshiach to come because of me or despite me? So...(to myself as much as to others)- pull yourself up and do something about it!

Unread 02-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #17
chabadsmiles

Bs"d
A chossid, we'll all agree waits for the time when he, will greet Moshiach Now in the mikdash hashlishi
chabadsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #18
Frumkite
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613
Yes they are, and there even more explicit ones from the previous Rebbe.
So was it "fabrengen talk," along the lines of "we're sitting at the table with the liviathan," or was it things seen with ruach hakodesh which didn't yet get translated from the spiritual to the physical world?
[***]
Unread 02-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #19
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Depends on who you ask...
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #20
zebra

Interesting that the rebbe Rashab made this statement just 2 years before his passing.
The Fr's Ikar Koch in Moshiach coming soon was also in his last years of his life.
Similarly with the rebbe the Ikar Koch in the imminence of Moshiach was in the few years immediately preceding his Histalkus.

I remember hearing (although I couldn't find it) that in Chovas Halevavos it says that in Shaar Habitachon it says that a Baal Bitachon believes that the Moshiach will come in his lifetime - thats the level of his emuna in bias Moshiach.
Therefore it would make sense that in the last few years preceding the Histalkus, there would be a specific emphasis on the Imminence of Moshiach.

It is also well known that Tzadikim before their passing reach a level that Mitzad Atzmom they are ready for mOshiach, and moreover by them is Meir the Giluy Moshiach.
These Tzadikim felt that the Geula Haklolis would coincide with the Geula haperotis which occurred by them before their Histalkus.

Lehoir that these statements were made by the last 3 rebbeim Davka.
Interesting that these 3 rebbeim are refferred to as 'Moshiach' in a Heoro In nUn beis. Miyad. Moshiach,Yosef yitzchok, Dovber.
Velichorah, all the rebbeim were the bechina of Moshiach, elo mei there is a special connection to these 3 rebbeim as is also evident from their statements with regards to the imminence of Moshiach, which we didn't find by other Rebbeim.

Veten Lechochom veyachkem oid.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #21
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

When you get up and do something, everything seems much more real. So if you're in denial, and moshiach seems crazy and surreal, get up and do something- and then it'll be reality, and you'll feel it!!!

Unread 02-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #22
Frumkite
Gold Member

Quote:
When you get up and do something, everything seems much more real. So if you're in denial, and moshiach seems crazy and surreal, get up and do something- and then it'll be reality, and you'll feel it!!!
OK - I tried it - I went up to a bunch of people heading up to a l'viah at Har Menuchot and told them Moshiach's already here, there's no more death, and that they just need to "get up and do something- and then it'll be reality, and you'll feel it!!!"

And guess what - it worked. They all "felt it" and realized that their relative didn't really die - so they went home and left the guf just where it was.
Unread 02-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #23
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumkite
OK - I tried it - I went up to a bunch of people heading up to a l'viah at Har Menuchot and told them Moshiach's already here, there's no more death, and that they just need to "get up and do something- and then it'll be reality, and you'll feel it!!!"

And guess what - it worked. They all "felt it" and realized that their relative didn't really die - so they went home and left the guf just where it was.
I don't think that techias hamesim has happened yet. Isn't there a difference between the etchaltz degeualah and the geulah shleimah? Maybe what MT was trying to say is that the eschalta d'geulah is already here, but not the geulah shleimah.
Unread 02-20-2006, 03:51 AM   #24
Frumkite
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kol Mevaser
I don't think that techias hamesim has happened yet. Isn't there a difference between the etchaltz degeualah and the geulah shleimah? Maybe what MT was trying to say is that the eschalta d'geulah is already here, but not the geulah shleimah.
But, KM, you're holding by Moshiach Vadai!
Unread 02-20-2006, 09:37 AM   #25
zebra

Unless something drastic has happened between 1991, where the rebbe said clearly that we are not in Aschalta digeula, then we are still not in aschalta digeula.
Looking around it seems clear that unfourtanatel ywe are not in Aschalta digeula.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote