Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > General

Unread 05-24-2004, 06:32 PM   #76
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Sorry. is a fact.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2004, 06:36 PM   #77
daas
Executive Member

It is in Toras Menachem parshas chukas 5710.

Quote:
re getting an aliya in the Rebbe's room if you're a chasan - so ever since the Rebbe said that sicha (if he did, source?) chasanim have been getting their aliyos in the Rebbe's room? ...
That is not relevant to the point I was trying to make ,but if someone wants to know what to do ,they should ask there mashpia.
daas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2004, 06:39 PM   #78
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Nu, now it's substantiated...
B"H!
Unread 05-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #79
Jude
Executive Platinum Member

what was substantiated? that the Rebbe said that chasanim should get aliyas in the Rebbe's room! Good to have a source for that.

Now, did chasanim in fact get aliyas in the Rebbe's room since 1950? And what does that have to do with making chuppas outside 770? That whatever chasidim did before 3 Tamuz, they should continue to do now too? Says who? And which things?
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2004, 09:05 PM   #80
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Ask daas what it has to do. You were the one who attacked me for accepting unsubstantiated quotes...
Unread 05-24-2004, 09:08 PM   #81
Jude

you call that an attack? puleeeease!

so what is your point then? and if you're saying ask Daas about his point, does that mean you don't understand his point either?
Unread 05-24-2004, 09:57 PM   #82
daas
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jude
what was substantiated? that the Rebbe said that chasanim should get aliyas in the Rebbe's room! Good to have a source for that.
I never said that the Rebbe said that "Chasanim should get aliyos in the Rebbe's room".
Unread 05-24-2004, 10:03 PM   #83
daas
Executive Member

Quote:

Now, did chasanim in fact get aliyas in the Rebbe's room since 1950? And what does that have to do with making chuppas outside 770? That whatever chasidim did before 3 Tamuz, they should continue to do now too? Says who? And which things?
This whole thing does not belong in this thread, it belongs in the "Chuppas Outside 770 " thread, and someone for some very odd reason got it moved, if it would have stayed there maybe you would have understood

Also your post puzzles me, are you saying that things changed after gimmel tamuz and we should do things differently now, you are usually the one who says the opposite ?
Unread 05-24-2004, 10:12 PM   #84
poshut
Executive Member

[...]
How can you sit there and compare the time honored minhag of having your chupah "b'chatzar Kevod kedushas" (note: b'chatzar, it does'nt say b'fnei. Even when the Rebbe was not in 770, but at home or at the ohel, chupas were still made there)--with the antics of a handful of juvenile, childish boys with "hergeshim"? (i'm being generous here, in your honor...)
[..]
poshut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2004, 03:46 PM   #85
Jude

Quote:
Originally posted by daas
This whole thing does not belong in this thread, it belongs in the "Chuppas Outside 770 " thread
I agree.

Quote:
if it would have stayed there maybe you would have understood
perhaps ... but since it moved, an explanation is necessary

Quote:
are you saying that things changed after gimmel tamuz and we should do things differently now
those who think the Rebbe is not in 770 have no reason to hold chuppas there

poshut: you have yet to answer why chuppas should be held outside 770 when you don't think the Rebbe is there

and you keep on knocking others' hergeshim while promoting your own

Quote:
Originally posted by Torah613
The first sign of a ridiculous hergesh is, when one feels the need to impose it on others, or subject and criticize those that are not zoche to have that hergesh...
so according to torah613, your hergesh is ridiculous
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:30 AM   #86
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Yankel Nosson
Such simple ones do not exist today.

[We lack] the purity of the simple Yidden of earlier years.
Someone asked for a source, as though this was not a self evident reality in our days of neshomos of zera behema.

"Oh for the shtetlach of those days! People don't even realize what damage we have suffered from their loss. The simple Jew of those days was something unique; even the Jew who had never savored Chassidus was a world apart from his counterpart today."

source: Likkutei Dibburim vol 4, ch 31, The Farbrengen of Yud-Tes/Chaf Kislev 5710
Unread 06-02-2004, 07:18 PM   #87
tamim

Quote:
Here's an example, one related by R' Mendel Futerfas...etc.
Your're definitly right that simple people back then had hergeshim that were probably true, and real,hergeshim. That for sure however, dosen't aplly nowadays because
1. They really were pashut (read only tehillim etc.)
2. They were holier than us nowadays since they said tehillim everyday constantly and striggled to learn as much as possible
3. they had a real feeling to g-d since most or all the things that metame the nefesh they didn't have then ie. internet, contact with the world, yeridos hadoros...

Us however have both, we're much more knowledgable than previous generations(we've become lazy knowing thats it's there however), and with the arrival of internet, widespread books/magazines, movies, music(which is said to be the speech of the inner soul) ...... which almost everyone have been exposed to, this idea of feeling/hergeshim, can become extremly missplaced, and in the worst circumstance lead to violating the basic premissis of yidishkeit.

Therfore i think it's of utmost importance not to judge others on the fact that they probably are being guided by misguided mashpiim and to follow the ways and teachings of you're mashpia because i'm sure if you're mashpia asked you to clap, dance, and sing yechi in a circle you would do it(Of course the mashpia has to fit the quilifications of a mashpia as the Rebbe explained.
tamim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #88
daas
Executive Member

Quote:

those who think the Rebbe is not in 770 have no reason to hold chuppas there

You cannot have it both ways, either you are saying that something changed, or you are saying that they hold nothing has changed !
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:02 PM   #89
BaisHamikdashBa
Gold Member

and maybe they shouldnt go to 770 either?

if thats the way they did it then now also!

the rebbe had a seat (by sedorim or what ever seudos were heldup stairs) for the fridiker rebbe and yet he went to the ohel! most "antis" in my opinion look at the rebbe so to say from the same point of view as the rebbe did (so to say)

I got my iPod! (B"h)
BaisHamikdashBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:23 PM   #90
daas
Executive Member

BaisHamikdashBa, I do not think you understood my post since it is a question on an answer to a question etc. to-from Jude.

(IOW it is in middle of a discussion and does not reflect a position on the matter, all I did is basically asked for clarification of someones position on a certain issue).
Unread 06-03-2004, 09:01 AM   #91
BaisHamikdashBa
Gold Member

sorry!!

I got my iPod! (B"h)
BaisHamikdashBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #92
noahidelaws

On this topic, see this article.
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote