Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > General

Unread 07-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Goyam Gold

I need to ask this question.

I wanted to post in the Yisrael section but I was afraid of the reaction. I just want a level-headed and objective answer. I know my question is probably old and tiring, but I want the people of this forum to answer it now, today.

Jeremiah Ch. 29. About the Prophet Jeremiah...

God basically said, don't do it, and yet some Jews went and did it. God said to be good citizens of the land that they were in and to have their sons get wives and to raise children and for their daughters to marry and and have children...and then wait!

Here is my question;

Where to Zionists, or those Jews that support state of Israel, get their justification for creating the state of Israel.

Zionism is a political movement not a religion.
Goyam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
emes m'eretz
Diamond Member

in chapter 29, when jeremiah said that the jews won't return right away, he was talking about that time, that the jews in babylonia won't return right away, but that they would return in 70 years.

you asked how jews who support the state get their justification for creating the state.

but there are jews who support israel but don't necessarily justify the creation of the state.
emes m'eretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Goyam Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by emes m'eretz View Post
in chapter 29, when jeremiah said that the jews won't return right away, he was talking about that time, that the jews in babylonia won't return right away, but that they would return in 70 years.

you asked how jews who support the state get their justification for creating the state.

but there are jews who support israel but don't necessarily justify the creation of the state.
Thank you for your fast response. I do not have enough knowledge of the Jewish faith to even begin arguing facts but I have so many questions.

I stand back and watch so many of the things that the US government is doing in this country that goes against the US Constitution and I find similar parallels in the state of Israel.

There is a website that shows what Israel allows itself and it's people to do and yet Israel friendly politicians in the US deny these same rights and privileges to American citizens.

I'll be honest and tell you that I read and listen to what Rabbi Yisrael Dovid Weiss has to say.

BTW...I buy my pastrami sandwiches from Langers, Canters, and Nate and Al's. And as far as their food --- Obviously they don't feel that they have to answer to a higher source!
Goyam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

Hi! Are you familiar with the Jewish message for all mankind, the Laws of Noah? See here.
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote