Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2004, 11:41 PM   #101
daas
Executive Member

As for # 1 i would agree BUT i would say that it is even deeper or higher then what is explained there (i mean like what it is explained in L S vol. 32 Nisson etc.)

As for #2 i would also agree (maybe i would word it a drop diffrently but i agree)

Quote:
I am generally suspicious of anything that sounds too easy...
On this i would also agree just that i think "suspicious" is to tame of a word (i would say to use a stronger word than that ,but you might scare someone away...)
daas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2004, 11:52 PM   #102
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Wow, aren't we all being agreeable lately...
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #103
iamachassid
Diamond Member

WOW!
Unread 02-10-2004, 09:07 PM   #104
rebayzl
Senior Diamond Member

Lehavdil:

http://smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/1...388397691.html
rebayzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2004, 10:34 PM   #105
daas
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rebayzl
Lehavdil:

http://smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/1...388397691.html
Do you mind explaining (i hope i did not understand [unless you are showing that there is love after death , but for some reason i don't think that was your point (but i could be wrong as usuall)])
Unread 02-10-2004, 10:41 PM   #106
rebayzl
Senior Diamond Member

Yes, that is what it was
rebayzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2004, 10:44 PM   #107
daas
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rebayzl
Yes, that is what it was
Then i apologize for being 'choshed bkshairim' .
Unread 03-03-2004, 03:53 PM   #108
Boruch

The Frierdike Rebbe once farbrenged and spoke with a koch about chinuch and about building chadorim, etc. Among those present was the Chassid R’ Itche der Masmid who was known for his outstanding piety and asceticism. In the middle of the farbrengen, the Rebbe turned to R’ Itche and said, “If you are involved in tashbar (education of children) then you are mine. But if not, then you may still be Itche [i.e., a maskil and an oveid, etc.] but you have no connection with me.” This means that hiskashrus must be expressed by being involved with the issue in which the Rebbe is koching at that time.
Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2004, 06:50 PM   #109
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

Your point being?...
Bittul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2004, 01:52 PM   #110
Boruch

I meant poshut, that those who are involved in bseras Hageulah with a bren and a shturem, like the Rebbe was, has a shaichus with the Rebbe, and those who are not, even if they are involved in great things... they are missing the boat.

May we see our Rebbe physically before gimmel Tammuz.
Unread 06-07-2004, 03:13 PM   #111
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

Really? The Rebbe was involved in Besuras Hageulah with a koch and a bren? Very interesting. I guess all that I witnessed was a lie and maaseh Satan, and really the Rebbe was involved in other telling the world that the FR is Moshiach on a daily basis.

The Rebbe koched in the ten mivtzoim for years. The Rebbe koched in Shlichus for longer. In Yoel Kahan's and others minds there arose a vision of a kuch in Besuras Hageulah. Unfortunately it wasn't based on reality.

I thought you can see the Rebbe physically now. What changed?
Bittul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2004, 03:31 PM   #112
iamachassid
Diamond Member

very sweet, friendly discussion starting here now
Unread 06-07-2004, 03:35 PM   #113
stwill
Silver Member

Bittul - you don't think the Rebbe koched in Moshiach? (I'm not expressing agreement with Boruch's statement, just clarifying your opinion here.)
stwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2004, 05:38 PM   #114
iamachassid
Diamond Member

And even if the Rebbe led up to and worked on it from the very beginning of his nesius but only made a real shturem in the last few years, is that not enough of a koch?
Unread 06-07-2004, 06:39 PM   #115
daas
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bittul

The Rebbe koched in the ten mivtzoim for years. The Rebbe koched in Shlichus for longer. In Yoel Kahan's and others minds there arose a vision of a kuch in Besuras Hageulah. Unfortunately it wasn't based on reality.
What are you (and for that matter everyone else) calling "Besuras Hageulah"?
Unread 06-07-2004, 06:57 PM   #116
Tevuna

Quote:
Originally posted by Leayis
<<and not harming? there are billions of people in the world that we don't harm; it doesn't mean we love them>>

Jude,

but if you do harm them then you certainly do not love them. Now take a good look around you and tell me who loves the rebbe.
Not necessarrily. Most normal and parents love theri children yet sometimes they sometimes hurt their child and vice versa. Does that mean that the parent/child does not love the other?
Tevuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2004, 07:52 PM   #117
iamachassid
Diamond Member

daas, there are many threads on that one. tevuna, we already had the argument about hurting someone you love in another thread. (To look for a thread click on search and enter a word you think would be in the title of the thread or in the actual thread)
Unread 06-07-2004, 07:55 PM   #118
Tevuna

Quote:
Originally posted by Boruch
I meant poshut, that those who are involved in bseras Hageulah with a bren and a shturem, like the Rebbe was, has a shaichus with the Rebbe, and those who are not, even if they are involved in great things... they are missing the boat.

The Rebbe never said that if one does not kuch in Besuras Hageula then that person is not his.

Number two the whole point of shlichus and other things that people do is to bring Moshiac. It is very nice to tell people about Moshiach, but Hama'ase Hu HaIkar. A shliach can tell everyone that Moshiach is coming, but what is he doing to prepare the people? Is the shlucha telling ladies to light Shabbos candles? Is the Shliach putting on tefilin with someone? Are the shluchim being mechanech other Jewsih children?

True the purpose is all for Moshiach. So when you put on Tefilin with a person tell them that they have just caused Moshiach to come. Teach the children about Moshiach,and get them all excited about it. This is one to get them to get their parents to bring Moshiach. The same applies with NeSHeK,tell a woman that just one more Shabbos....
Unread 06-07-2004, 08:11 PM   #119
Tevuna

Talking

This year at B.R.'s Shabaton, one of the Rabbi's made a comment that made a really big impression.
Rabbi Paltiel of Port Washington told us: "Love the Rebbe as a person (meaning father)." He told us to think in those terms. Why? The reason is because a lot of people feel that when you say "Love the Rebbe" it means love some angel. So of course the Rebbe is not at all in the same category, but thinking that Rebbe is my father does help.

I remember little details. My father insisted on taking me to sichos(of course I loved it). I also remember dollars. True that is not much, but if I try to take those memories and constantly play them in my mind then I have something.

One day my father asks me "How old are you?"
Like my father all of a sudden forgot how old I am(my father knows how old we all are) So I asked him why, and told me some thing very intresting. I was 13 at the time. He told that twelve years before on the same day after Mincha the Rebbe said a sicha and gave out dollars. My father passed by dollars with me as a baby (I was one). My father's next words made an impression on me. He said: "The Rebbe smiled at you such a special smile." (I know the Rebbe always miled at children but still..) I carry that with me always. The Rebbe loves me, therfore how can I not love him back.
Unread 06-07-2004, 08:54 PM   #120
daas
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally posted by iamachassid
daas, there are many threads on that one. .
I knew that, but it seemd to me that their dissagreement is realy as to what the definition of "Besuras Hageulah" is.
Unread 06-07-2004, 09:07 PM   #121
iamachassid
Diamond Member

That's one of the most basic, constant disagreements on CT and in Lubavitch in general. Moshiach now would help us all.
Unread 06-08-2004, 07:49 AM   #122
Leayis
Senior Gold Member

<<Most normal and parents love theri children yet sometimes they sometimes hurt their child and vice versa. Does that mean that the parent/child does not love the other?>>

no. normal parents dont hurt their children knowingly. if they do it means they are not normal.
Leayis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 12:34 PM   #123
Boruch

Bittul: I don't know where you were during the years of 1990-92 and I don't want to get off the topic and gribel zich in foolish details, but any honest chosid, regardless of title will tell you that the Rebbe's koch and bren, especially in the last years was all about Moshiach and publicizing that Moshiach is coming - (even using once the expression on himself "I am crazy about Moshiach")

The point is, our dear father had (has) an inner desire that he left up to his children to carry out. How can we let him down?

And the cheshbon hanefesh before Gimmel Tammuz Hoasiris (R"L Ad Mosai) must include a shtarker vayitzaku mipnimiyus nafsheinu, how could we, the Rebbe's children, who love the Rebbe, ahavah bsoris, perhaps have ignored our dear father's bakosho nafshis - "Tut Altz Vos Ir Kent".
Unread 06-08-2004, 02:11 PM   #124
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Der shaaloh iz, nit (nor) oib men tut alz vus men ken, nor oib men tut vos men darf nit... [The question is not (only) if we're doing all we're able to do, but if we're doing what we're not meant to do...].

Last edited by Torah613; 06-08-2004 at 05:13 PM.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 03:01 PM   #125
iamachassid
Diamond Member

Even still, can we and do we do altz vos mir kenen? Or do we just say "we don't know exactly what to do and it's too hard anyways so why bother"? And to give us something to do we mock those who are trying to do what they and their mashpia feel is altz?