Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch

Unread 01-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #26
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member

It was written by Dovid Olidort, and it was re-published (with minor variations) in a recent handout with his name on it. Sholom Yankel Chazan had involvement in the Rebbe Rashab's maamorim, but in other areas. Most of the "new" maamorim that have been found lately have been printed by Areleh Raskin, not Sholom Yankel Chazan. Chazan though, is responsible for tof reish samech gimel - cheilek beis (which was printed within the last 10 years).

The reason the kitzur didn't have Dovid Olidort's name on it when it was printed in the sefer was because the Rebbe didn't want names (and even hakdoshos) written in the sefer. Usually in a pesoch dovor the Rebbe's name would be included, but in this case - the Rebbe didn't want any names, including his own.

In the sicho of yud tes kislev - tof shin lamed vov the Rebbe spoke about why. Basically, the Rebbe didn't want the acrayus of the printing falling on yechidim but instead, on the kahal. The reason for this is because the hemshech was available only as a result of a "chassidishe chap" (performed by the Rebbe himself)...

That's the idea...
Kookoo Kabalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #27
Shmully
Super Moderator

תשל״ו or תשל״ז??
Shmully is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #28
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

תשל"ז
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

That was quite a scary sicha--as I understand (I'm not old enough to know first-hand), in the light of that sicha, chassidim deduce a connection between the printing of Ayin Beis and the events of Shmini Atzeres Lamed ches.
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #30
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahidelaws View Post
in the light of that sicha, chassidim deduce a connection between the printing of Ayin Beis and the events of Shmini Atzeres Lamed ches.
nonsense... in the sicha the Rebbe brought a "psak din al pi Torah" permitting it, and above that, the Rebbe still took many precautions. the whole point of those precautions were to make this a tziburisdike responsibility - not that of a yochid. listen to the sicho or read the hanocho, I don't know how anyone could deduce any such thing from the Rebbe's sicho...

Last edited by Kookoo Kabalist; 01-20-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Unread 01-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #31
couldntbe

And yet...
couldntbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #32
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

במופלא ממך אל תחקור
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #33
noahidelaws

Kookoo Kabalist, I listened to the sicha just 2 days ago. My understanding (and again, I did not invent this speculation, but I find it quite reasonable) is that the fact that the Rebbe had to go to such lengths to find a kuntz to prevent the printing of Ayin Beis generating any inyonim bilti retzuyim shows just how not poshut it was, but the Rebbe went al mesiras nefesh. In the sicha the Rebbe says he didn't print it because of (his own) "morach lev," kevayochol. Now, bepashtus the Rebbe's morach lev, however you translate that, is from emes'dikeh ruchniyus'dikeh cheshbonos of the possible negative consequences. This brings out further my point above.

The "kuntz" that the Rebbe made to have all the chassidim join was licho'oiroh al derech the way that the Rebbe spoke over and over about Neshomos beri'os in gufim beri'im and 60 days of simcha being mevatel all dinim right before 27 Adar. The Rebbe was clearly trying to prevent inyonim of dinim, but ba'avonosenu horabim, lo zochinu.
Unread 01-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #34
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member

Basically - my point was as T613 says. Don't mix into the Rebbe's personal inyonim (that you can't ever understand anyway). That's not our place to deduce "connections" and create speculations. Any such ideas are automatically written off as sheer "nonsense", at least in my books.
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #35
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

... in addition to being totally pointless.
There is someone (Yankel Chazan) who used to specialize in this type of thing. I am sure it is printed somewhere.
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #36
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
... in addition to being totally pointless.
There is someone (Yankel Chazan) who used to specialize in this type of thing. I am sure it is printed somewhere.
Yes, this is true.

I remember reading a ho'oro of his about the Rebbe Rashab being nistalek while still preparing the hogo'ois on Ayin Beis. SYC writes an entire ho'oro on the "hints" that the R"R placed for us in that maamer, eluding to the idea that he was about to be nistalek. The ho'oro had something to do with the fact that the Rebbe Rashab used the word "stima'ah" or something (not that this would be something unusual anyway...) - "as if he was saying a maymar sosum on himself". He speculates the R"R was nistalek at that point in the hogo'ois; the "maamar sosum" being some kind of indication to that...
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #37
couldntbe

Zeligson printed books of speculation, I think with the Rebbe's "haskama uvracha".
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #38
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member

His books are for pushing the idea that the Rebbe was already farkocht in chitas and Rambam many years ago, when the HaYom Yom was being prepared, and he makes attempts in connecting that day's yoim to the "would be" chitas and Rambam of that day. The story goes - that he once told the Rebbe in yechidus that he was able to figure out the k'shorim for every day - all except for one, to which the Rebbe responded "yagayti unmotzosi taamin".

Interesting piece... But I still don't know if that means the Rebbe was "goires" it entirely. Besides - that's more about chassidim being koched in what the Rebbe's koched in - through the study of Torah. Not about digging into the Rebbe's personal inyonim relating to his health and what might have caused a decline in his health - etc...
Unread 01-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #39
couldntbe

not that I necessarily believe their claims to be true, but I don't see the harm.

Is it speculation to say that the Rebbe speaks in בא נ"ב about כבד פה וכבד לשון and the speech issues of the friediker Rebbe has any connection to כז אדר? Yes. Is there probable reason to assume that the two are connected, also yes.

If the Rebbe himself says he is scared, why is it so far off to assume that there is some sort of ktrug on such a giluy of chassidus?

(I am not saying that this is the reason for the heart attack, I am saying that why is it far fetched to assume that there were repercussions to a kitrug that the Rebbe so clearly addressed?)

Don't we believe that things that happen to a Rebbe are not "stam"? That the Alter Rebbe was arrested for a ktrug, the Mittler Rebbe for a kitrug?

Who was michanech chassidim to think in such a style? Wasn't it the Rabbeim?

If such an assumtions, brings people to learn more chassidus and "koch" in ע"ב what could possibly be the harm?

You don't want to believe it, fine. What is wrong though if someone else does believe it?

The idea of במופלא ממך אל תחקור is about things that don't lead to Avoda, k'yidua that chassidim were nizhar not to say pshotim in Tanya, but something that would bring to avoda, they were not nizhar not to say. The reason is the same, are they claiming that this is the pshat, no. but if it brings someone to do another mitzvah its not a big deal.

vhanimshal muvan.
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #40
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

How such speculation leads to more avodah - escapes me. But - to each their own.
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #41
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member

Back to the main idea of this thread; the Kitzurim on Hemshech Ayin Beis -

With kitzurim of such - written by chassidim - being printed in such an important sefer Chassidus, it's hard to imagine that the Rebbe hadn't approved of it prior. Note that this was the first time kitzurim like this were published in any sifrei Chassidus. The seder always was that all additions that went into seforim were published only with the Rebbe's approval. Now it's already becoming more common to print kitzurim/roshei prokim - like has been recently done for samech vov and ranat etc... It's hard to know exactly what the Rebbe saw or didn't see, but I'm sure it's had some kind of approval - perhaps for the general idea, but maybe more.

Maamer hamusgar...

Before the nesius, when the Rebbe had been writing marei m'koimos on the Chassidus of early rebbeim - it was known that Jimmy Gurarie would tear out the bottoms of all the pages. He strongly disagreed with the notion of the Rebbe writing marei m'koimos on sifrei chassidus. He felt that it was a tremendous chutzpa for anyone to write/add in sifrei chassidus. Then, later it became known that the Rebbe was only doing this al pi the pkuda of the F"R.

My basic point is that nothing happened with sifrei Chassidus without any form of approval. The question only is - what exactly transpired... Generally, it would say in the sefer if the Rebbe was involved, but in this case, because of the nature of the sefer (as I mentioned regarding the precautions that were taken), that information isn't written.
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #42
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

These are assumptions. Why not try to find out?
Unread 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #43
couldntbe

Zalman?
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #44
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member

Quote:
These are assumptions. Why not try to find out?
Unfortunately, the people in the maareches that are willing to talk about these things, don't know any of the details surrounding this project. So that doesn't go anywhere...
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #45
noahidelaws

Quote:
How such speculation leads to more avodah - escapes me. But - to each their own.
It seems clear to me how it would: If the Rebbe had mesiras nefesh b'guf to print this sefer, now we should surely learn it.

Attached is a write-up of the sicha about Ayin Beis referred to above.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 20 Kislev 5737.doc (98.0 KB, 251 views)
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #46
Kookoo Kabalist
Executive Member

It's interesting how the Rebbe mentioned in that sicha that he's not demanding of us to learn the whole thing or even a part of it, only...
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #47
noahidelaws

Please be precise. The Rebbe doesn't say that he's not demanding it at all. The Rebbe says he won't force Chassidim to learn the whole thing.
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #48
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookoo Kabalist View Post
Unfortunately, the people in the maareches that are willing to talk about these things, don't know any of the details surrounding this project. So that doesn't go anywhere...
There was a name mentioned before, as to who authored the synopsis of Ayin Beis. Surely he would know.
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #49
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahidelaws View Post
It seems clear to me how it would: If the Rebbe had mesiras nefesh b'guf to print this sefer, now we should surely learn it.
More precisely: If according to some - who may or may not know what is going on in עולמות עליונים, and who like contructing theories about things they have no idea about - the Rebbe had etc. (finish the sentence).
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #50
noahidelaws

It's not about עולמות עליונים, but about the clear implications of the sicha, in which the Rebbe said at length that he had unusual fears in connection with the publication of this sefer, so he went to unprecedented lengths to avoid any spiritually negative outcome. So to me, it's not unreasonable at all to bederech efsher suggest that terrible events that followed soon after are somehow related.

In any case, I did give a quite strong hora'ah in avodah.