Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch

Unread 04-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #26
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar View Post
If you think that the way that most of LUbs are conducting their lifes, is the way the Rebbe wants, there is nothing to talk about.
If you see the opposite, this would mean that for these ppl, is not working
Well the person who is asking the question is very new to Judaism period. Unsure of a large scope of halacha and still struggling with fulfilling mitzvos as he has written on this forum. So him questioning if "we still have a Rebbe" should be really rephrased to "do I have a Rebbe" because the rest of us are not unsure and if we are unsure, this question and answer are not applicable to a frum person who is striving to be a chasid, a chabad chasid specific who is struggling with missing a physical Rebbe.

The fact is that Breslov has been doing it for centuries now, and Chabad is much more organized than that. The nut jobs in Chabad arent going away anytime soon, but they dont prevent you from follow the Rebbes directive on how to bring G-dliness into the world. (which is another debate all together)
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #27
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

What particulary intrigues me is the reference to Breslov. As if (suddenly) they are our role model, and who we emulate.
New times indeed.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #28
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
What particulary intrigues me is the reference to Breslov. As if (suddenly) they are our role model, and who we emulate.
New times indeed.
That is exactly what I was trying to say! Thanks for condensing it into a mere 15 words so everyone else can understand what I am trying to convey.
Unread 04-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #29
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Nu, so maybe someone can explain the great gilui ohr in my condensation.
Unread 04-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #30
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
Nu, so maybe someone can explain the great gilui ohr in my condensation.

Im not sure how much Chassidus you have learned outside of Chabad but Breslov Chassidus although having many differences than Chabad is closer to intellectual (chochmah, binah, das) than Chagas. If your Chassidus is intellectual then you dont need a physical spiritual leader. When your emotions are in control, you cant function without one.

Hence why Chabad has grown more since 1994 than prior. Except the fact the Rebbe is still physically alive hiding the basement of 770. That's neither here nor there.

condensation always leaves smudges on glass.
Unread 04-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #31
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

I hear. Following your (clear?) logic, we are better off than before 1994, when we were nebach limited...
Unread 04-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #32
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
I hear. Following your (clear?) logic, we are better off than before 1994, when we were nebach limited...
Maybe you arent better but what about me? What about my parents? What about every Lubavitcher chasid that davka NEVER met the Rebbe? Never got a dollar, never went to a fahbrangen, never had yechidus, never saw the Rebbe bench lublav, never made a l'chaim with him.

Am I lower than you? nebach limited?

My understand of chassidus is that the Rebbe told me "Dear Chasid, you will read this after I have left this world. I am giving you direction on how to achieve your full potential. It is going to be very hard and demanding but rest assured I am here to help you."

This is on a personal level. If you disagree fine.

To say everything was perfect before GT? Well YOU didnt bring Moshiach. None of you did. So now what? Its all over? Vata Tzeaveh. I think not.
Unread 04-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #33
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

So you are agreeing with my understanding of your position. I hear.
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #34
Lamp Lighter

Im glad we can agree. Its rare here
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #35
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Maybe my perspective is different bc I was with the Rebbe from some years before 27 ADAR 5752.
In my opinion today is a tragedy
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #36
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
Hence why Chabad has grown more since 1994 than prior. Except the fact the Rebbe is still physically alive hiding the basement of 770. That's neither here nor there.

hiding? what for?are you kidding?
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #37
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
hiding? what for?are you kidding?
Are you asking me if I am mocking the people that have their children point at the Rebbes chair and yell Yechi? Who then proceed to push people (literally) out of the way to make way for the Rebbe to pay through.

Yes, I am.

After Gimmel Tammuz is a tragedy indeed. Only if you make it one.

Why does Ha Yom Yom say that learning a maamar from the Rebbe does something that seeing the face can never obtain? That Ha Yom Yom solved a lot of my problems never having met the Rebbe.

The Rebbe has the answer to all the question in the mammarim and the sicha. We all want him back with tichias hameism before moshiachs arrival.
Unread 04-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #38
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

it's not the ideal situation
you are talking about a bedieved situation
the ideal situation is to have the Rebbe b'gashmius
and many ppl can only relate to something like this,in the ideal situation,specially newcomers
And not limited to them,as you can see a reflecton of this in Large Lubs communities
Unread 04-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #39
ktonton
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahidelaws View Post
I see that the content in the links cited were not addressed at all by the questioner, which I find rather odd; as that may be, I await such comments. See also here.
can you please stop quoting your own blog? just because you publish it by yourself on the internet doesn't mean that it has any more authority.

it might, ch"v give the reader the impression that you are presenting someone else's understanding of the sources, v'chu.

your blog really doesn't constitute a source in any sense (except chu), and what you wrote there can just as easily be pasted here in a more relevant presentation.
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #40
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
it's not the ideal situation
you are talking about a bedieved situation
the ideal situation is to have the Rebbe b'gashmius
and many ppl can only relate to something like this,in the ideal situation,specially newcomers
And not limited to them,as you can see a reflecton of this in Large Lubs communities
I am talking about reality.

No one is debating the "ideal" situation here

if many people can only relate to a physical Rebbe then how can you have tens of thousands of fanatical Israel meshichists that never once saw the Rebbe b'gashmius to the point that they claim he is G-d and lets not lie that those people dont number in the hundreds!

Dont limit the Rebbe or the Rebbeim or Chabad Chassidus. It is intellectual and your worse are full of emotion.
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #41
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktonton View Post
can you please stop quoting your own blog? just because you publish it by yourself on the internet doesn't mean that it has any more authority.

it might, ch"v give the reader the impression that you are presenting someone else's understanding of the sources, v'chu.

your blog really doesn't constitute a source in any sense (except chu), and what you wrote there can just as easily be pasted here in a more relevant presentation.

Stop making a non issue into one.
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #42
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
I am talking about reality.

No one is debating the "ideal" situation here

if many people can only relate to a physical Rebbe then how can you have tens of thousands of fanatical Israel meshichists that never once saw the Rebbe b'gashmius to the point that they claim he is G-d and lets not lie that those people dont number in the hundreds!

this is exactly my point
these "fanatical Israel meshichits" that claim he is G-d ,are,unfortunately korbanos.
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #43
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
if many people can only relate to a physical Rebbe then how can you have tens of thousands of fanatical Israel meshichists that never once saw the Rebbe b'gashmius to the point that they claim he is G-d
The beginning of the sentence is itself the answer.
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #44
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
The beginning of the sentence is itself the answer.

ZING! Well done!
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #45
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

and this is only a small part of the consequences for ppl who only can relate to a pshysical Rebbe
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #46
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
ZING! Well done!
I have no idea if your responses (to me) are meant to be sarcastic, humorous, straightforward, or something else that escapes me. Should I care?
Or maybe the problem is with me.
Unread 04-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #47
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
I have no idea if your responses (to me) are meant to be sarcastic, humorous, straightforward, or something else that escapes me. Should I care?
Or maybe the problem is with me.
Everything I said was destroyed by one comment I made. The entire sentence is a contradiction and shows I was wrong all a long.

The problem is we both lose.

So its meant to be a little of all of that.

I laughed a little to.

The problem is that my generation doesnt know what its like to not have the rebbe anymore as we never had him. Still coming back into Lubavitch after being gone for so long, I feel more connected to the Rebbe now than ever.
Unread 04-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #48
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

Quote:
-First of all, you are confusing the Meshichist belief that the Rebbe is Moshiach with the Elokist belief that the Rebbe is G-d. You're taliking about two different things and beliefs.

-Second, the Elokists are not even a hundred people and they are marginal.

-Three, to say that Meshichists are comprised of TENS OF THOUSANDS of people is a lie as big as saying that they are less than hundred people.

-Four, all the Meshichists are not fanatical, even if it's true that the situation in EY, more than in any other country, is sad.
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #49
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

If I was in the mood, I would argue on all 4 points. But to explain - would be too lengthy, so I will leave it with a short statement: I disagree.
Unread 04-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #50
Lamp Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosheh5769 View Post
-First of all, you are confusing the Meshichist belief that the Rebbe is Moshiach with the Elokist belief that the Rebbe is G-d. You're taliking about two different things and beliefs.

-Second, the Elokists are not even a hundred people and they are marginal.

-Three, to say that Meshichists are comprised of TENS OF THOUSANDS of people is a lie as big as saying that they are less than hundred people.

-Four, all the Meshichists are not fanatical, even if it's true that the situation in EY, more than in any other country, is sad.
I disagree. Back to the topic at hand.

"Do we have a Rebbe?"