Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Moshiach

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 08-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #76
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE Vaughn View Post
Oh David, I thought you were an honorable person. First lets be honest. I told you that I had dreams of being Moshiach. Obvisiously, I have fought against these delusions. Let no one from this day forward share a private coversation with you, you obviously can't be trusted. Is this how you run your law practice? David, you for many years have called yourself a prophet from the days at Washington University and you say I suffer from delusions? I'll admit, I was wrong.., delusional? Perhaps, but I'm man enough to admit it. What say you prophet?
When a person makes false accusations against others as you have above, then it is appropriate to disclose the necessary information to rebut what he says. I was born a Jew. I have studied many religions and have taught comparative religion and philosophy at the university level which obviously some here would find troubling. That has nothing to do with my faith about which you have no business surmising as you did above. As for the claim of prophecy let me remind you, you contacted me and said you thought I had some kind of gift based on what you had seen in another forum, and you wanted more information. I suggested that you to stop by the law school and speak with some of the older professors.

It is good that you are trying to deepen your faith but that doesn't mean you have to enter the assembly sniveling and groveling.

http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/showthread.php3?t=2022

Nor is it appropriate that you attempt to pull others into your morass with false accusations.

Last edited by DW Duke; 08-28-2008 at 06:38 PM.
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #77
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Duke View Post
When a person makes false accusations against others as you have above, then it is appropriate to disclose the necessary information to rebut what he says. I was born a Jew. I have studied many religions and have taught comparative religion and philosophy at the university level which obviously some here would find troubling. That has nothing to do with my faith about which you have no business surmising as you did above. As for the claim of prophecy let me remind you, you contacted me and said you thought I had some kind of gift based on what you had seen in another forum, and you wanted more information. I suggested that you to stop by the law school and speak with some of the older professors.

Nor is it appropriate that you attempt to pull others into your morass with false accusations.
David, I never said you were not Jewish. I said you have a x-tian background. There are many whose mother's are Jewish who are x-tians.
And true, I did contact you some years ago about your prophetic ability. I thought if this man is a true prophet maybe he can help me with my problem. For instance, what do these dreams mean, why do I see this light, and why is it on my right side only? I have come to terms with my situation. The dreams have stopped and the light is gone. Now lets be up front, have you ever been a x-tian?
WE Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #78
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
David, I never said you were not Jewish. I said you have a x-tian background. There are many whose mother's are Jewish who are x-tians.
And true, I did contact you some years ago about your prophetic ability. I thought if this man is a true prophet maybe he can help me with my problem. For instance, what do these dreams mean, why do I see this light, and why is it on my right side only? I have come to terms with my situation. The dreams have stopped and the light is gone. Now lets be up front, have you ever been a x-tian?

There was another part of your concern as you recall. You felt an urgency to take some kind of action because you felt that you might be Moshiach ben David but you didn't know what that action was. You said that it was creating a tremendous burden for you and causing tremendous stress. Do you remember the advice I gave you about that?
Unread 08-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #79
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Does this fascinating exchange have to take place in public?
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #80
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
Does this fascinating exchange have to take place in public?
I'm sorry Torah613. Your absolutely right, this discussion is very embarrising for me. I disclosed some personal concerns in confidence to DW Duke a few years back by private e-mail. He disclosed this personal and confidential information here on this forum. I'm very disappointed in him.

This thread began with a young man who thought it difficult to imagine a world that changes from bad to good under Moshiach's reign. Some time after DW Duke prophecied for the young man to go out at a specific day to receive a sign.

Originally Posted by DW Duke
On Thursday morning go outside and ask for a divine touch then look to your right. Don't move until you feel "the presence." Ask the meaning of this message:

Another poster Shal, DW's counterpart said he followed through with what DW asked and was greeted by a squirrel who walked up to him, as if something magical happened. I thought this to be a bit goyish and raised my concern. This upset DW Duke and in retaliation he disclosed our private conversation between himself and I that took place a few years ago.

I thought David's prohesying on this forum was in bad taste and could potentially hurt this young man who already is having issues with messianic changes that will take place on the earth.
Thats it, I'm done and I apologise to all of you.
Kol Tuv.
Walter

Last edited by WE Vaughn; 09-04-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Unread 08-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #81
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm sorry Torah613. Your absolutely right, this discussion is very embarrising for me.
Then learn from your embarassment and move on
Unread 08-29-2008, 07:44 AM   #82
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Then learn from your embarassment and move on
I will and have.

Last edited by WE Vaughn; 09-04-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Unread 08-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #83
Returning
Banned

BS"D

This conversation is very strange.

There is no prophecy nowadays.

And I do not think any poster here has the qualifications to be Moshiach. Anyone who has visions of being Moshiach should check out http://www.zyprexa.com before his next doctor's visit.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #84
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Indeed, combined with this it should be a perfect cocktail.

http://www.prozac.com/index.jsp

Last edited by DW Duke; 08-31-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Unread 08-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #85
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
BS"D

This conversation is very strange.

There is no prophecy nowadays.

And I do not think any poster here has the qualifications to be Moshiach. Anyone who has visions of being Moshiach should check out http://www.zyprexa.com before his next doctor's visit.
Nobody here is claiming to be Moshiach. However, there is one who has prophetic ability..

DW Duke said,
"On Thursday morning go outside and ask for a divine touch then look to your right. Don't move until you feel "the presence." Ask the meaning of this message http://meaningfullife.com/oped/2007/02.02.07$BeshalachCOLON_Song.php If you haven't embraced Moshiach yet, don't worry, you will in a little while."

DW Duke, Returning says "there are no prophets nowadays."

Last edited by WE Vaughn; 09-04-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Unread 08-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #86
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nobody here is claiming to be Moshiach. However, there is one who thinks he's a prophet.

DW Duke said,
"On Thursday morning go outside and ask for a divine touch then look to your right. Don't move until you feel "the presence." Ask the meaning of this message http://meaningfullife.com/oped/2007/02.02.07$BeshalachCOLON_Song.php If you haven't embraced Moshiach yet, don't worry, you will in a little while."

DW Duke, Returning says "there are no prophets nowadays."
5150, your point is. . .? What you are quoting is not prophecy. I recommend this reading for you. Moses Maimonides, "A Guide for the Perplexed," Chapters XXXII through XLI. Then, if you like, start a proper thread and discuss prophecy. This is a thread on Moshiach and you are not presently equipped to discuss the topic of prophecy. I am not aware of any known living prophets today. That does not mean individuals with the capacity to prophesy do not exist. But prophecy itself was sealed at Malachi. To be honest with you I am far too busy to participate in childish debates about whether prophets do or do not exist. But Rambam there is a great starting place for those who want to intelligently discuss the issue.

Last edited by DW Duke; 08-31-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Unread 08-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #87
Returning
Banned

Quote:
Indeed, combined with this it should be an perfect cocktail.

http://www.prozac.com/index.jsp
LS"D

And if it doesn't work try the Thorazine Shuffle!
Unread 08-31-2008, 12:07 PM   #88
Shal

Quote:
I'm sorry Torah613. Your absolutely right, this discussion is very embarrising for me. I disclosed some personal concerns in confidence to DW Duke a few years back by private e-mail. He disclosed this personal and confidential information here on this forum. I'm very disappointed in him.

This thread began with a young man who thought it difficult to imagine a world that changes from bad to good under Moshiach's reign. Some time after DW Duke prophecied for the young man to go out at a specific day to receive a sign.

Originally Posted by DW Duke
On Thursday morning go outside and ask for a divine touch then look to your right. Don't move until you feel "the presence." Ask the meaning of this message:

Another poster Shal, DW's counterpart said he followed through with what DW asked and was greeted by a squirrel who walked up to him, as if something magical happened. I thought this to be a bit goyish and raised my concern. This upset DW Duke and in retaliation he disclosed our private conversation between himself and I that took place a few years ago.

This very childish act shows his true character and the condition of his heart. And although he won't admit to it, yes, he has a x-tian background. Those of us with this background carry a poison within that can mislead the weak Jew and lead them a stray. I thought his prohesying on this forum was in bad taste and could potentially hurt this young man who already is having issues with messianic changes that will take place on the earth.
Thats it, I'm done and I apologise to all of you.
Kol Tuv.
Walter

Walter you need to reread what I wrote. We witness Hashem's presence everyday and never acknowledge it. I was blessed that morning with the recognition of Hashem working in His creation. It's a deep knowing or understanding. Doesn't happen often and many times it’s fleeting. But, I've learned to cherish the moment. Nothing magical, the squirrel didn't fly, nor did it stop to chat..

Quote:
I thought this to be a bit goyish and raised my concern. This upset DW Duke and in retaliation he disclosed our private conversation between himself and I that took place a few years ago.
Judging people as you have here is a bit Xian; always quick to judge the other. Did you stop to think that maybe what was said may not have been out of line after all, that if what was said had been out of line there would have been others, who have a tremendous amount of Torah knowledge who would have jumped on it,

Quote:
Those of us with this background carry a poison within that can mislead the weak Jew and lead them a stray. I thought his prophesying on this forum was in bad taste and could potentially hurt this young man who already is having issues with messianic changes that will take place on the earth.
If the young man had followed his directions and had not experienced a blessing as he was told he would, then he most likely would have informed Dave of the matter. It would have then been between the two of them. I know that Dave would not do anything to harm a fellow Jew's faith in G_d, or the Moshiah.

Did you, Walter, do what was said? If not I really don't believe you have any right to say what was or wasn't, is or isn't.

Quote:
Those of us with this background carry a poison within that can
mislead the weak Jew and lead them a stray
This is quite bothersome. I'm having trouble comprehending why an x-Xian would want to lead anyone to jc? Perhaps you're not as convinced that the pagan didn't exist, as you think you are.

Quote:
Oh David, I thought you were an honorable person. First lets be honest. I told you that I had dreams of being Moshiach.
David IS an honorable person. As any well respected and well known attorney, writer and international scholar would do when that honor is being attacked by allegations against him, (which you did whether you realized it or not) he defended himself by bring forth evidence showing the lack of creditability of the accuser. In all the yrs. that I have known Dave, he has never claimed to be a prophet.

What is your hostility really about Walter? When you, (We Vaughn) contacted DW and told him you were the Messiah and you believed Him to be a prophet, as you said yourself, you wanted him to be "your prophet" and declare you the Messiah. Then, when he declined you became angry and decided to prove he is not a prophet, which to my knowledge he has never claimed to be. Think about it, if he had declared you to be the Messiah as you wanted, he would have been a false prophet indeed.

I myself would certainly not accept the word of someone who has openly admitted that he has falsely claimed to be the Moshiah, an act punishable by death under Jewish law.
Shal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 01:29 PM   #89
Returning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shal View Post

David IS an honorable person. As any well respected and well known attorney, writer and international scholar would do when that honor is being attacked by allegations against him, (which you did whether you realized it or not) he defended himself by bring forth evidence showing the lack of creditability of the accuser.
BS"D

And never mind that this dreck has no place on this board, but WHY do I suspect a case of dual personality syndrome here?????
Unread 08-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #90
Shal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
BS"D

And never mind that this dreck has no place on this board, but WHY do I suspect a case of dual personality syndrome here?????

Ahh but do to this dreck, I do believe that, that dreck does belong there.

Quote:

This very childish act shows his true character and the condition of his heart. And although he won't admit to it, yes, he has a x-tian background. Those of us with this background carry a poison within that can mislead the weak Jew and lead them a stray.
As to "a case of dual personality syndrome here", would you be a bit more specific in what you are implying?
Unread 08-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #91
Joey
Banned

We want Moshiach Now!

We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
We want Moshiach Now!
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #92
Joey
Banned

Mr.

Quote:
As to "a case of dual personality syndrome here", would you be a bit more specific in what you are implying?
Hoo mittkaven sheyesh lemishehu po skitzophrenia umedaber Leatzmo. Sheoolay Shai Mitvakeach im Atzmo?
Does Shai= We Vaughn?
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2008, 11:10 PM   #93
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Hoo mittkaven sheyesh lemishehu po skitzophrenia umedaber Leatzmo. Sheoolay Shai Mitvakeach im Atzmo?
Does Shai= We Vaughn?
Lo.
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #94
WE Vaughn

Quote:
What is your hostility really about Walter? When you, (We Vaughn) contacted DW and told him you were the Messiah and you believed Him to be a prophet, as you said yourself, you wanted him to be "your prophet" and declare you the Messiah. Then, when he declined you became angry and decided to prove he is not a prophet, which to my knowledge he has never claimed to be. Think about it, if he had declared you to be the Messiah as you wanted, he would have been a false prophet indeed.

I myself would certainly not accept the word of someone who has openly admitted that he has falsely claimed to be the Moshiah, an act punishable by death under Jewish law.

First and foremost I never told David that I was Moshiach. This is a impossibilty since my mother is a gentile. I told David that I was having strange dreams saying I was Messiah. I also spoke with a Chabad Rabbi Yosef Landa, Director of Beit Menachem in St. Louis regarding these same troubling experiences some years back. It is laughable that you say I wanted to have David declare me as Messiah It just never happen, really.

But now you have entered into a serious thret using G-d's Holy Law to carry out an innocent death. First, I never proclaimed myself to anyone as Moshiach. Anyone who says otherwise incites unjust violenece against my soul. My death is nothing, but using the Holy Torah to carry out a misunderstanding shows a complete lack of honor and fear before G-d

There was a time when strange and unexplained things were happing that I couldn't understand., both awake and asleep and this is why I went to Rabbi Landa.

Last edited by WE Vaughn; 09-04-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #95
WE Vaughn

Quote:
When you, (We Vaughn) contacted DW and told him you were the Messiah and you believed Him to be a prophet, as you said yourself, you wanted him to be "your prophet" and declare you the Messiah. Then, when he declined you became angry and decided to prove he is not a prophet
This is very interesting. According to DW Duke's own post he says,

"There was another part of your concern as you recall. You felt an urgency to take some kind of action because you felt that you might be Moshiach ben David."

So which is it Shaul? I either declared myself as Moshiach as you had stated.., or I "felt that I MIGHT be Moshiach ben David.?"

But how could I be Moshaich if I'm a gentile? Thus the need to talk with Rabbi Landa and DW Duke who has made his prophecies known on other forums like, Messiah Truth."
Unread 09-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #96
WE Vaughn

Quote:
In all the yrs. that I have known Dave, he has never claimed to be a prophet.
Is that right. Thats not what you said at Messiah Truth Forum.
http://messiahtruth.yuku.com/reply/2...ml#reply-21126

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shal's post:
Here is a Prophecy that appeared last Oct./26/04 this is exactly how it appeared in the MT forum. I have a copy of the pg stored on Yahoo my web.

DW Duke
(10/26/04 12:58 am)
Reply Precision in Prophecy

Can the son of man of whom you speak "nail" a subdural hematoma on a Hamas leader,
blindfolded on a given date at a precise moment, say for example, December 27, 2004 at 3:47 am PST, with nothing more than a prophetic utterance?

DW Duke
(2/6/05 4:14 pm)
"p069.ezboard.com/fmessiah...=145"

Quote:

Havana Winds

The Havana winds grow fierce with anger and the plastic king waxes and wanes in suffocation his breath taken away. His image mirrors the papel lie.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it's better you let your "prophesy" making and "analysis" to those better equipped to make that decision.. namely those of the Divine Court. Furthermore, prophesy and "forcasts" are always accurate AFTER the fact!!! ANYONE can make a correlations AFTER something happens and usually from a self-righteous, self-serving, self-exonerating point of view.

Arikm7 Sir: In reference to your remark of accusing me of posting FALSELY a prophecy after the FACT.The prophecy was in fact on this forum in February of this yr. The post was originally posted under Fulfillment of Jewish and ******ian Prophecy on this board. All who were reading that forum at that time saw the post. Unfortunately the MT boards along with many other boards have been wiped out by a hacker earlier this summer. We lost many wonderful counter missionary post at that time and easy board was not able to restore them.

I have kept many of DWs post and prophecies that he has given over the yr. As they came true they were posted. I have these both on cd and in a private yahoo account, which I would love to be able to restore them to the MT website as the appear, for they are copies of the original pg. What I gave above is a cut and past of the post he made. With the date it was posted on the MT site. We have now seen its fulfillment, which seems to bother you.

Here is a Prophecy that appeared last Oct./26/04 this is exactly how it appeared in the MT forum. I have a copy of the pg stored on Yahoo my web.

DW Duke
(10/26/04 12:58 am)
Reply Precision in Prophecy

Pro:
Can the son of man of whom you speak "nail" a subdural hematoma on a Hamas leader,
blindfolded on a given date at a precise moment, say for example, December 27, 2004 at 3:47 am PST, with nothing more than a prophetic utterance?

Now what happened 11 November 2004 after this was posted? http://www.honestreporting.com/artic..._1929-2004.asp
The cause of his death.; Palestinian officials said he had a brain hemorrhage shortly before he died.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable
Now if you wish to believe its fake so be it. We here know better.
Unread 09-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #97
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Is that right. Thats not what you said at Messiah Truth Forum.
http://messiahtruth.yuku.com/reply/2...ml#reply-21126
Walter don't you have anything else to do with your time? As to your comment about Shal saying DW never said he was a prophet, read again carefully. She didn't say that no one has ever said DW is a prophet. She said she as never heard DW say it. Many others have said it, however. You said it yourself. Dig until your ears turn blue. You won't find anywhere that I have said I am a prophet but I don't control what others say.

You claim you didn't say you are the Moshiach ben David? Who did you say is the one behind the lattice? You said he is the gentile who is Moshiach ben David. Never really becoming a Jew until he is ushered in. Remember? You said you are the gentile behind the lattice. We are anxiously awaiting your book, "Moshiach Behind the Lattice," where you tell us about the need for a prophet to anoint Moshiach. As for your once a hope that I might anoint you with oil, be assured it isn't ever going to happen. But if by some strange fluke it did, the only oil I might put on your head would be WD40.

http://waltervaughnthemidwestmystic.blogspot.com/

It seems you are determined to pursue your agenda. Unfortunately, you aren't understanding that the jig is up. I don't have time to play with you on these issues. Perhaps if you spent less time with your messiah agenda and in attacking people who don't support your fantasy, you might have more time to get a job that pays more than $12 per hour. But feel free to knock yourself out. In any event, I would recommend that you spend a little time carefully studying the Rambam I gave you earlier. You need to define "prophecy." Ask yourself, why was Daniel not a prophet though he had visions? A divine utterance that describes a future event accurately, is not necessarily a prophecy unless it is communicated in a certain way to a certain group of people.

Again, I would encourage you to move your discussion to a thread on prophecy. You are in a thread on Moshiach.

Last edited by DW Duke; 09-01-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Unread 09-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #98
Shal

Quote:
This is very interesting. According to DW Duke's own post he says,

"There was another part of your concern as you recall. You felt an urgency to take some kind of action because you felt that you might be Moshiach ben David."

So which is it Shaul? I either declared myself as Moshiach as you had stated.., or I "felt that I MIGHT be Moshiach ben David.?"

But how could I be Moshaich if I'm a gentile? Thus the need to talk with Rabbi Landa and DW Duke who has made his prophecies known on other forums like, Messiah Truth."

Read post #74
Quote:
Torah? I don't know that this is really the forum for your charades but you have told me in private emails that you have a xtian background and that you believe you are Moshiach ben David.
So what I wrote was stated very clearly, and apparently you stated the same to Dave.
Unread 09-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #99
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Read post #74

So what I wrote was stated very clearly, and apparently you stated the same to Dave.
Shal, you are wasting your time communicating with this guy. He is going to spin himself in circles with his rabbit trails, red herrings and dead ends all the while claiming he is some kind of victim because he was impeached with his own words when attacking others. He is now quoting threads from other forums without even delineating who said what. Par for the course.

Incidentally, Walter if the salutation "Hello David, I mean Shaul" is intended to imply that I am posting under multiple names, wrong again. That is your trick, not mine. The only name I have ever posted under anywhere is my own name. Ask the moderator to check the URLs. They are 3000 miles apart. But go ahead and knock yourself out. I have a trial for which I need to prepare but have fun with yourself.

Last edited by DW Duke; 09-01-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Unread 09-02-2008, 05:43 AM   #100
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Shal, are you ok? You said I wanted David to declare me as Messiah. I'm saying that conversation never happened. Your saying I wanted DW to be my prophet. That never entered my mind. I was confused by the dreams I was having and was reaching out for help. I contacted a Chabad Rabbi and DW Duke. I fought against these delusions with Rabbinical help.
I have several blogs. But you'll never find anything that declares myself as messiah. Certainly, if I thought this was true, you would find it on my many blogs. But you can't find what doesn't exist.

Whats ironic is that I did the right thing. I recogonised I was suffering with these delusions and sought help. I received that help from a Chabad Rabbi. Unfortunately, by seeking DW Duke's help, I received another injury. Let others learn from my mistake.

And this is how I got entangled in this thred. I was trying to prevent a young Jew who was having a difficult time imaging a new world under the reign of Moshaich in which DW prophesied for him to go out on Thursday to receive a sign. And I say to him, learn from my mistake. Stay away from those who claim to have magical abilities, especially with a x-tian background. Learn Torah for the sake of Torah, really it's that simple.