Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Moshiach

Unread 07-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #26
Meshulam
Senior Diamond Member

I can't say this any better than T6 just did. But just so that its clear what I think about the matter: within a handful of posts, you have demonstrated what I was referring to earlier. Your criticizm of this poster is nothing more substantial than "it isn't Chabad enough." Like T6 said, "that attitude bothers some of us."
Meshulam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 10:50 PM   #27
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

I would also add: In my humble opinion, the Rebbe would have encouraged shiurim like this - ...
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #28
emes m'eretz
Diamond Member

Why do people get so upset if the maalos (qualities) of Chabad are pointed out?

Ein hochi nami, praise shiurim about Moshiach even if the shiur is not from a Chabad perspective. But then feel free to point out on this forum that there is good, and there is better.
emes m'eretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #29
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

I don't think that is what has happened here. Whatever.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #30
FlyingAxe
Silver Member

Quote:
There is however, this tendency by some, to knock everyone else.
I disagree with knocking any effort of talking about geulah, even talking about chitzoiniustike aspects of it (or whatever). I disagree with knocking any discussion in Torah, however limited, or anything positive in general -- unless there is an effort to keep the discussion limited (when the limited nature of discussion becomes a shita in itself), which I did not see in the poster.
FlyingAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #31
existwhere?
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emes m'eretz View Post
Why do people get so upset if the maalos (qualities) of Chabad are pointed out?
Chabad has many unique maalos that no other group has. It is also okay to admit that Chabad has its unique problems as well. People don't like people who act like they think they are better than anyone else.
Quote:
Ein hochi nami, praise shiurim about Moshiach even if the shiur is not from a Chabad perspective. But then feel free to point out on this forum that there is good, and there is better.
And than there is best, which would be recognition that perhaps Chabad is not the be-all and end-all of everything.
On the words Gozer Yam Suf L'gzorim, the Medrash tells us that the water split into twelve paths, for the twelve shevatim. Why did each need its unique path? The Gra, for one, tells us the walls between the paths were glass- so that they would be able to see each others path and realize that although they were on a different path, all the paths lead to the same place- the place where they would receive the Torah.

Last edited by existwhere?; 07-05-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
existwhere? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2008, 02:29 AM   #32
emes m'eretz
Diamond Member

The Rebbe worked very hard on spreading the wellsprings of Chassidus. Because it is very important.

We can't judge people and say that this person is better than the other. Hashem is the Judge, not us. But we can say that Chassidus is very important, and that people who don't learn Chassidus are lacking something very important.

But as I mentioned before, it is important to do this in a respectful and loving way. And the Rebbe encouraged us to praise someone when they do a Mitzvah. But at the same time, the Rebbe wanted us to spread Chassidus, because it is very important.
emes m'eretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #33
Groisah Tzaddik

https://www.torahevent.org/Default.a...FQUQswod-0IGSw

It's definitely a step in the right direction, but its still baby steps--they want to bring the geulah but where is the mention of MOSHIACH (as in "al yadei Moshiach Tzidkeinu").
Groisah Tzaddik is offline   Reply With Quote