Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Moshiach

Unread 08-15-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
Rafi

Manhigut Yehudit - A political organization

Hey guys -

I'm not sure if you've heard of it before, but I am a member of Manhigut Yehudit, which means Jewish Leadership. It's a pseudo-political movement that seeks to turn Israel into a real, bonafide Jewish State instead of a Western state that happens to have Jews in it. This, I believe, is one of the most effective ways of actually ushering in the Messianic Era in a very serious way. We haven't had a state in 2000 years, so we decided to copy the Western style. This has led to lots of problems, including Oslo and terrorism, but worst of all, a Chilul Hashem in that people are now mocking Israel all the time and making the Jewish people look bad.

To make Israel a Jewish state, we obviously need to elect a PM with Jewish values instead of strictly western values who believed the Judaism is "nice". To that effect we are involved in politics. I'd suggest reading their website, jewishisrael.org.

Also, I wrote an article on one of my blogs at www.worldofjudaica.com/oyvey about the culture war between a Jewish Nation vs and Israeli Nation. This schizophrenia has to be solved before the nation can go any further into the era of geula. Comments?
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
MahTovChelkeinu
Diamond Member

I have several friends who are involved with Manhigut Yehudit and Moshe Feiglin (their leader and perenial PM candidate). I don't agree with 100% of what they say, I don't think their views strictly coincide with the Chabad movement, and I think its disingenuous to say you are not a real political organization when you hold yourselves out as a sub-section of the Likud party.

With all of that said. Manhigut Yehudit is a good organization; the people I know who are involved are good, frum people who genuinely care about the state of Israel and the Jews living there. Most Chabadnikim I know find their positions to be very agreeable if not identical with the Rebbe's teachings, and certainly a huge improvement from secular ideals currently pushed within Israeli politics. I've met Moshe Feiglin and he is a good man (but still a politician).

I welcome you guys to the site and look forward to more dialogue.
MahTovChelkeinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

I wish someone would change the misleading title of this thread.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
mvakeshet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
I wish someone would change the misleading title of this thread.
ditto.
mvakeshet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
Ahrele
Super Moderator

Your prayers have been answered.
Ahrele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

I don't think that Moshe Feiglin's ideas coincide exactly with the Rebbe's, but they're very close. He's certainly much more passionate about shleimus ha'aretz and devoted to it than most Lubavitchers these days, R"l. Kol hakavod to him, and may he go meichayil el chayil!
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 01:17 AM   #7
Rafi

Hey Guys -

Glad to have gotten the discussion going. I did not title this thread. The moderator did. By not a political organization I was using a very specific definition of political. We are political in that we are trying to lead the country. We are not political in that our motives are not personal. If you meet the man, you'd see he has no personal ambition or ego. He is also not Chabad, and neither am I, therefore doesn't see all the Lubavitcher Rebbe's positions as mandatory, but rather thinks for himself and doesn't have a Rebbe. I don't agree with 100% of what he says either. But his ideas are the best for am yisrael.
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
MahTovChelkeinu
Diamond Member

I think a lot of Lubavitchers feel the same way you do, but I would drop the word game. You're supporting an organization which would not exist if not to influence Israeli politics, there's nothing wrong with that - we need political parties as part of the process. Rather than using language tricks to pretend to be something you are not, just come out and say what you want to say.

Moshe Feiglin is a good man, a good politician, and a good choice for Lubavitchers when they go to vote.
MahTovChelkeinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
Ahrele
Super Moderator

I prefer to be aloof and mysterious, but I want to interject and correct something Rafi just said. The post was originally titled something that had nothing to do with the subject matter, and whose sole purpose appeared to be to entice readers and posters alike. I changed the title to something that reflected the contents of the thread: a discussion about a political organization in Israel that shares some of Chabad's concerns.
Ahrele is offline   Reply With Quote