Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Moshiach

Unread 10-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

Location of Non-Jews in Yemos HaMoshiach

In a sicha of Simchas Torah, Lamed Vov, the Rebbe says:

Quote:
Not only will the Jews seek the Word of G-d, but the non-Jews will as well, as it is written, And numerous nations will go and say, Come, and let us arise to the mountain of the L-rd, to the house of the Gd of Jacob.[1] After the non-Jews come on a pilgrimage they will not return to their places in Africa or Asafmia, and remain as before. They will remain there [in Jerusalem] in order to learn from the King Messiah, as it is written, and He will teach us His ways, and we will walk in His paths.
[1] Isaiah, 2:3. Micah, 4:2.

I thought non-Jews aren't supposed to live in Eretz Yisroel, because it doesn't belong to them? How is it that all the goyim will live in Eretz Yisroel when Moshiach comes? And the whole of Chutz L'Aretz will become one big ghost town?!

If the tachlis of the creation of goyim is losheves yetzoro, how is it that that will all end when Moshiach comes? I'd have though the opposite: when Moshiach comes they'll devote themselves to losheves yetzoro more than ever before. But how can they do that if they're not even there?
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
amoretz
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahidelaws View Post
In a sicha of Simchas Torah, Lamed Vov, the Rebbe says:

I thought non-Jews aren't supposed to live in Eretz Yisroel, because it doesn't belong to them? How is it that all the goyim will live in Eretz Yisroel when Moshiach comes? And the whole of Chutz L'Aretz will become one big ghost town?!

If the tachlis of the creation of goyim is losheves yetzoro, how is it that that will all end when Moshiach comes? I'd have though the opposite: when Moshiach comes they'll devote themselves to losheves yetzoro more than ever before. But how can they do that if they're not even there?
The entire population of Africa will move into Jerusalem ?
amoretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

The Mitteler Rebbe writes that l'asid all of Israel will be Cohanim, on a completely new madrega, whereas non-Jews will be on the level of Yisroel now.

Quote:

Of all people, don't you know that if they keep the 7 mitzvos goyim can dwell in EY and even receive financial support from the Jews?! Anyone who comes to Yerushalayim (which will tispashet b'chol Eretz Yisroel) to learn from Melech Hamoshiach will surely become a Noahide.

Eretz Yisroel tispashet l'chol ha'aretzos, so there won't be any ghost towns

Also, see LS 23:172 (also in Shaarei Geulah). A translation is posted here: http://moshiach.forumsplace.com/message-252.html
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
amoretz
Executive Member

It also says that Bnei Korach will be cohanim in the times to come. Lemai nafka mina ?
amoretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
Gevurah
Executive Diamond Member

what does Gerlitzsky say in his book?
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #6
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankel Nosson View Post
The Mitteler Rebbe writes that l'asid all of Israel will be Cohanim, on a completely new madrega, whereas non-Jews will be on the level of Yisroel now.
source?
Quote:
Of all people, don't you know that if they keep the 7 mitzvos goyim can dwell in EY and even receive financial support from the Jews?! Anyone who comes to Yerushalayim (which will tispashet b'chol Eretz Yisroel) to learn from Melech Hamoshiach will surely become a Noahide.
Yes, I know about the concept of geir toshav. However, it strikes me as not ideal that non-Jews should live in land not theirs, even bireshus haTorah, and therefore I'm surprised that it'll be so when Moshiach comes.

See here (emphasis added):

Quote:
Moreover, when a non-Jew violates one of the seven Noahide commandments, he deserves death.[1] Thus, on the contrary: only by vigilantly avoiding robbery does he remain alive and not deserve death. His interests are thus best served when the Land of Israel is not in his hands.
The pursuers of peace claim that for the non-Jew it is detrimental for the Land not to be in his hands. In fact, the opposite is the case: Only by not handing over the Land of Israel have we pursued his best interest, for then he will remain alive.

Likewise, it is unthinkable to give him even one piece of land. Every single inch of the Land is vital to [the security of] all its borders. However, apart from this, giving the non-Jew even one inch of the Land of Israel constitutes robbery, for the non-Jew has no connection at all with the Land of Israel.

At the Covenant of the Halves[2] Gd gave the Land of Israel to the Jewish people. In fact, it is written even earlier, To you [Abraham] I have given it[3]in the past tense. Rashi interprets there, Gds statement is as if it were done, i.e., the Land of Israel was given to us even then.

Karati VeEin Oneh, Vol. 1, p. 29.

[1] Laws of Kings, 9:14.

[2] Brit Bein Habetarimthe pact between Gd and Abrahamcf. Genesis, chapter 15.

[3] Genesis, 13:15.
Quote:
Eretz Yisroel tispashet l'chol ha'aretzos, so there won't be any ghost towns
No, from the sicha in my 1st post it seems that all the goyim will literally stay in Yerushalayim.
Quote:
Also, see LS 23:172 (also in Shaarei Geulah).l
where in that sicha is the location of the goyim--Eretz Yisroel vs. chutz laAretz--discussed?
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Quote:
source?
" " > > . . " > ,
' ' ' " ' ' '

Regarding Eretz Yisroel and chutz l'aretz, the inyan is that l'asid there won't be an aspect of "chutz l'aretz" (i.e., outside of the realm of divine revleations). See Beis Rabbeinu sh'b'Bavel, (the text marked with footnote 60) http://www.moshiach.net/blind/hebrew/k770h.htm