Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > Farbrengen

Unread 10-10-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
chocoholic613

farbrengen

I went away to school last year, and I wasn't so chassidish, but B"H the school changed that for me. Anyways, I wasn't really accustomed to going to farbis, but when I came to this school, I started going a lot, and it has really uplifted me, and helped me become more chassidish.
Well, at every farbi, there were the girls who were listening/ participating, and the ones that just sat in the back, chatting with their friends. Which was all well and good, when we were singing niggunim, but when there was a speaker, it was annoying to have whispering going on in the background. But the majority, B"H, were the ones that were participating.

Anyway, this year, my school grew, B"H. But now, this presents a slight problem. Now at farbi's, it seems that there are more girls speaking/ whispering, in the background, than there are particapating. I find this upsetting, because last year I used to think the farbi's were so uplifting, and spiritual, and now these girls are making a joke out of it! I feel uncomfortable to say something to them, because most of them are new girls, whom I dont really know yet. And my principal is not exactly on top of this issue, because she doesn't always come to our farbi's.

Anyone have any advice to give on this topic?
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:26 AM   #2
n'eNow770
Diamond Member

B"H
First off, when ever possible, while you're speaking to these girls, and it applies, add in how much you like the Farby's how much you get out of it. If it doesn't embarass you, you can also tell them how you used to be not so Chassidish and now you are, and how the Farbrengens are great because of that.
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:34 AM   #3
chocoholic613

Thanks! But I don't think it will apply to these girls. I mean, they're not like unchassidish, or anything, they just like to talk a lot, and I guess they see a farbi as a chance to talk to your friends! lol. Well, I'll try it anyways! Thanks!
Unread 10-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
chabadsmiles

Well its usually like that only at the beggining of the year...itll shape up
chabadsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #5
chocoholic613

I sure hope so!
Unread 10-11-2005, 08:41 AM   #6
believer
Executive Member

hmmm... sounds really familiar. Listen, either talk to them kindly or have someone ask them to please leave if they want to disturb the farbi, or just ignore them and who knows... maybe they will start getting into the farbi