Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Yiddishkeit > Eretz Yisrael - Israel

Unread 03-29-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

Question How will we stop land concessions

As everyone knows, there is a terrible decree hanging over the Jewish people in Eretz Yisrael, Hashem yeracheim veyikom dam avadav ha'shafuch.

As an individual, I don't see how we are necessarily in a position to have a direct influence over events there, but spiritually, each and every one of us can surely exercise a very powerful influence.

Perhaps we can use this thread to post hachlotos tovos bli neder, which we pray will show Hashem that we are sincere in our teshuva and our tefilos for our brethren. By posting them, mimenu yiru vechein ya'asu.

My (1st) hachlata bl"n: to revise a perek of Tanya each day (in addition to Chitas).
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Nissan
Diamond Member

Please describe the evil decree.
Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
noahidelaws

to have the Jews banished from their homes in the liberated territories, hoyo lo sihiyeh, which is a terrible thing in itself, and what's much worse, creates a terrible security risk to all the rest of the Jews living in EY because of loss of critical strategic land, and makes the terrorist groups even more confident that their bloodshed is working, making even greater their desire to continue in that way, as the Rebbe warned about many times
Unread 03-29-2005, 03:39 PM   #4
Nissan
Diamond Member

Oh yeah, I know, that's crazy... By the Holocaust the Jews were kicked out of Goyish lands, and now they are being kicked out of their own land...
Unread 03-31-2005, 05:16 AM   #5
noahidelaws

nu, so let's do something, it has to make a difference to our lives!!
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:10 AM   #6
wannabe
Silver Member

Any suggestions?
wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2005, 09:39 AM   #7
Nissan
Diamond Member

I had the same question ... I mean we are davening harder for the people in Israel, but what else can we do already?

(Unless you want to be real adventurous and do something that the Israeli government will not approve of... )
Unread 03-31-2005, 10:34 PM   #8
n'eNow770
Diamond Member

This is a hard and great decree on Bnei Yisroel, so I think what we need to do is counteract it by working on the Mitzvah taht is the hardest and greatest for ourselves. If it's giving Tzedakah then be extra careful to put extra money in a Pushka every day. If it's wearing a Sheitle o/s the house all the time, then atempt it more often. If it's working on Gayvah, then continuoulsy say "Ani tolat v'lo ish" etc... You see what I'm getting at?
But I think the biggest thing we can work on is our Ahavas Yisroel, whether with family friends piers work associates or strangers-Ahavas Yisroel has no bounds, and it can break any gzera. One way to work on this, is to look at s/o and say "I see a Tzelom Elokim in that person". You'll appreciate them more, and you'll realize who they are, but more importantly WHO created them.
Any comments/suggestion?
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #9
Aharon Benjamin
Banned

Question How will we save Gush Katif?!

B"H

As we all know Chabadnikim and all Jews and people in general, one the thing that the Rebbe adamantly and passionately demanded is that we not allow any land to be turned over to terrorists in Eretz Israel.

What can and ought we do to save Gush Katif immediately with the Geulah HaAmisis veHaShleima?
Aharon Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #10
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

You can do it by doing what the Rebbe did:
Forging strong connections with politicians and leaders of all walks of life in Israel (private ones, not public connections).
Making sure such connections bring no political benefits.
Calling them every time a crisis strikes with support and advice.
Send your chasidim to support the public of Israel in every way possible.
Then bring to their attention again and again the military expert's advice on not withdrawing.
After all else fails, speak about it publicly at farbrengen with Chasidim.

Now of course, accomplishing the above would mean removing Yossel Aharonov from his stranglehold on power in Eretz Yisroel (and then deporting Volpe to the furthest shores). Good luck.

It might also mean crushing the status of the one who put Aharanov in his position. No, it was not the Rebbe.
Bittul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #11
Aharon Benjamin
Banned

B"H

Bittul, in the first part of your post it sound like you are describing what the Rebbe did in this regards - but my question is what are we to do now?!

The second part of your post I did not understand. I don't even know who one of those people is and the other I have heard of but I don't know almost anything about him. What does it have to do with Gush Katif?
Unread 04-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #12
Bittul
Executive Diamond Member

Ah, questions, the first sign of wisdom (when they are not being asked lkanter).

I hope to soon bring you to the next level: Asking questions based on having actually understood something.
Bittul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #13
Aharon Benjamin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittul
Ah, questions, the first sign of wisdom (when they are not being asked lkanter).

I hope to soon bring you to the next level: Asking questions based on having actually understood something.
You sound very concerned about saving Gush Katif Bittul. I hope that there are some other readers on this list who are just slightly more concerned.

(By the way, I just saw a news article yesterday on the Manhigut Yehudit newletter - about Rabbi Volpe and Rabbi Druckmen, apparently the two of them are facing being thrown into prison in Israel for sticking their necks out for Gush Katif) http://he.manhigut.org/content/view/1404/119

Last edited by Aharon Benjamin; 04-08-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Unread 04-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #14
wannabe
Silver Member

Bittul: I think one of the things to do that can help out is increasing in ahavas yisroel, i.e. everyone should stop picking on AB.
Unread 04-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #15
Aharon Benjamin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe
Bittul: I think one of the things to do that can help out is increasing in ahavas yisroel, i.e. everyone should stop picking on AB.
I second that motion - thanks wannabe.
Unread 04-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #16
ShleimutHaaretz
Executive Member

Sorry to go out on a limb, but how about coming here now and moving into one of the vacant caravans in Gush Katif - every person need will need 5 or more soldiers to remove them and everyone who takes to the streets with civil disobedience will as well. Since there are only 35,000 policeman in the country, 100,000 -200,000 protestors could bring this to a halt.

If you stay in chu"l, then, as Feiglin just told a crowd in Toronto, you can just pray (well, as chabadnikim, we can add kiruv).
ShleimutHaaretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #17
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Go out on a limb all you want, but just amswer this for me: Why did we not here anything from the Rebbe resembling your solution concerning Maalot etc?
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2005, 02:16 AM   #18
ShleimutHaaretz
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613
Go out on a limb all you want, but just amswer this for me: Why did we not here anything from the Rebbe resembling your solution concerning Maalot etc?
I don't know what you mean by ma'alot, but if you mean "steps," the Rebbe certainly was not of the view that we should just sit in a room and pray that things go better. He met with Israeli officials to discuss battle strategy, he publicly called on Israel to drop it rules of engagement and just go in and destroy the enemy once and for all (sicha on Lebanon War in "Peace upon the Land" video), he called on Jews to make facts on the ground by moving into YESHA, making it difficult to later remove those Jews and turn the land over to the enemy, etc. Thus, he didn't just lead a massive Shleimut Ha'aretz campaign through slogans - he called for real action - and one result is that there are Chabadnikim all over the shtachim, including Gush Katif and Sa Nur (both to be turned over to the enemy in Tammuz, chv"sh). Chabad R' Volpe here has gone even further and led a conference calling for refusal to follow these orders which endanger millions of Jews. He gave awards to the leaders of the "refusal" movement.
Unread 04-11-2005, 07:57 AM   #19
ShleimutHaaretz
Executive Member

Here's Chabad Rabbi Volpe's letter (co-signed by R' Druckman) on Gush Katif [posted at Moshe Feiglin's website http://he.manhigut.org/content/view/1404/119 :
בס"ד כ"א אדר ב' תשס"ה

קריאת קודש
אל כל אשר אהבת ויראת אלוקים בקרבו
ואל כל אשר חפץ בחיים ובארץ החיים

עומדים אנו עתה בזמן השיא של סיום הגלות, כאשר נתקיימו כל הסימנים של עקבתא דמשיחא. וכדברי הגמרא בסוף סוטה: "בעקבות משיחא (ופירש"י: בסוף הגלות לפני ביאת משיח) חוצפא יסגא.. ומלכות תהפך למינות.. ואנשי הגבול (היושבים על הספר) יסובבו מעיר לעיר (לבקש על נפשם) ולא יחוננו.. פני הדור כפני הכלב כו'".

הממשלה הכריזה מלחמה נגד הקב"ה ותורתו, היא עומדת להחריב את ארץ ישראל ח"ו, למסור נחלתנו למחבלים ימ"ש, ולהכניס מליוני יהודים בסכנה נוראה, היו לא תהיה. לשם ביצוע הפשע הנורא, הם משחיתים את נפשם של החיילים והשוטרים היקרים, ומכריחים אותם להלחם נגד אחיהם, בשירות האויב.

אם יעלה בידם לבצע את זממם, יפונו בכח תוך זמן קצר כל הישובים מעבר ל"קו הירוק", וסכנה נוראה תבוא על כל העם היושב בציון רח"ל.

מהשמים סובבו, שכל הנסיונות לעצור את התהליך בדרכים דיפלומטיות, עלו בתוהו. כנראה שהקב"ה רוצה למסור את הענין אלינו, אל עמך ישראל צבאות ה'. "כי מנסה ה' אלוקיכם אתכם לדעת" האם מוכנים אנו למסור את נפשנו למען עם ישראל וארץ ישראל.

כל אחד מאיתנו מקבל עליו זה שנים רבות, פעמיים בכל יום שחרית וערבית, לעבוד את ה' אחד במסירות נפש. בכל נפשך – אפילו הוא נוטל את נפשך. האם מעידים אנו ח"ו עדות שקר בעצמנו?

כל ימיו היה רבי עקיבא מצטער "מתי יבוא לידי ואקיימנה". איך נוכל להמשיך ולקרוא קריאת שמע בעצימת עינים, אם הגירוש יבוצע ח"ו, ואנו לא מסרנו את נפשנו על מנת למונעו?!

עכשיו זה הזמן. ברגעים האחרונים של הגלות יש לנו הזדמנות שלא תחזור, לגלות את כח המסירות נפש מן הכח אל הפועל. מאות דורות של מקדשי ה' ברבים מסתכלים אלינו עתה ומצפים כי נעשה את ה"מכה בפטיש", לביטול הגלות הנוראה ולהבאת הגאולה האמיתית והשלימה.

הארגונים העוסקים בפעולות נגד ה"התנתקות", יוציאו בע"ה אחרי חג הפסח הוראות ברורות והצעות מעשיות, מה יכולים כל אחד ואחת לעשות (כמובן בלי אלימות), למטרה הקדושה הנ"ל. אולם יש לדעת שכל המעשים כרוכים במאמצים כבירים, ועד לסכנת מעצר או מאסר לזמן קצר או ארוך ח"ו.

לאור כל זאת, אנו החתומים מטה מכריזים בזה, כי נעשה את כל אשר ביכולתנו במלחמת ה' למניעת הגירוש והחורבן, ונלך בע"ה ראשונים לבית הסוהר, בראש מורם ובשמחה של מצוה.

אנו מבקשים מכל הרבנים והמנהיגים בישראל, זקנים עם נערים, להצטרף בחתימתם על הכרזה זו, ולשמש בכך סמל ודוגמא ל"צונאמי" של מאות אלפי ישראל, שיבואו בעקבותינו וימלאו את בתי הסוהר שהכינה עבורנו ממשלת הזדון.

עיני כל ישראל אלינו עתה. זוהי הדרך היחידה שבה נוכל לעצור את תהליך ההתאבדות. זוהי הדרך היחידה לקדש שם שמים לעיני העמים. זוהי הדרך היחידה שבה נוכל להוכיח לפושעי המלחמה כי לה', לעמו ולארצו הישועה!

ויהי רצון שחפץ ה' בידינו יצליח, ועוד הרבה לפני יום הפקודה ח"י תמוז, יתבטלו כל התכניות הנ"ל, ועם ישראל ישכון בטח בדד עין יעקב, בביאת משיח צדקנו.

____________________ ___________
הרב שלום דובער הלוי וולפא הרב דוד דרוקמן
חזקיהו 29 קרית גת 82064 שד' קק"ל 37/1
קרית מוצקין 26325

------------------------גזור ושלח לאחת הכתובות הנ"ל------------------------------

בס"ד

אני הח"מ מצהיר בזאת, כי אשתדל להיות בע"ה מהראשונים שילכו בשמחה של מצוה לבית הסוהר, בעוון מלחמתי (בלי אלימות) למניעת גירוש היהודים והחרבת ארץ הקודש.

אני קורא לכל תלמידי, מושפעי, ידידי וקרובי משפחתי, להצטרף אלי.

אני מאשר את הסכמתי לפרסום חתימתי על מסמך זה, בדרכים הנראות לכם.

שם ________ משפחה _________ כתובת _______________ עיר _______

טלפון ________ סלולרי _________ דוא"ל __________ תפקיד ________

מקום הרבנות או העבודה ___________________ חתימה ______________
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #20
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShleimutHaaretz
I don't know what you mean by ma'alot, but if you mean "steps," the Rebbe certainly was not of the view that we should just sit in a room and pray that things go better. He met with Israeli officials to discuss battle strategy, he publicly called on Israel to drop it rules of engagement and just go in and destroy the enemy once and for all (sicha on Lebanon War in "Peace upon the Land" video), he called on Jews to make facts on the ground by moving into YESHA, making it difficult to later remove those Jews and turn the land over to the enemy, etc. Thus, he didn't just lead a massive Shleimut Ha'aretz campaign through slogans - he called for real action - and one result is that there are Chabadnikim all over the shtachim, including Gush Katif and Sa Nur (both to be turned over to the enemy in Tammuz, chv"sh). Chabad R' Volpe here has gone even further and led a conference calling for refusal to follow these orders which endanger millions of Jews. He gave awards to the leaders of the "refusal" movement.
I meant the "evacuations" that took place as a result of the original Camp David accords - I think one of the cities was "Ma'alot", though I may be mistaken (maybe someone remembers the proper name).
Whatever the name - my question stands: Why did we not hear anything from the Rebbe anything resembling your solution at the time when they left Sinai, gave up those cities etc?

Last edited by Torah613; 04-11-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:32 AM   #21
wannabe
Silver Member

nu takeh?
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #22
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

I don't know. Since I don't know, I would be very loath to follow Wolpoe's lead in such issues, when he is inventing new tactics which we never heard from our Rebbe.
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:46 AM   #23
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Quote:
I meant the "evacuations" that took place as a result of the original Camp David accords - I think one of the cities was "Ma'alot", though I may be mistaken
Definitely mistaken You are probably referring to Yamit -- this was the settlement evacuated from Sinai.

(Ma'alot was the site (in the Galil) of the terrible pigua where Arabs took schoolchildren hostage and many were killed when the Israelis went in to rescue them, r"l.)
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:51 AM   #24
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

I stand corrected - I meant Yamit.
Unread 04-11-2005, 03:47 PM   #25
ShleimutHaaretz
Executive Member

Quote:
I stand corrected - I meant Yamit.
The differences with Yamit should be obvious. Yamit was a secular settlement in which all but 4 families agreed to the compensation offered and left voluntarily before the deportation was scheduled. Those 4 families who stayed were supported by only a small group from the fledgling settler community. Basically, Rav Kahane's group with Boruch Goldstein, Boruch's sister and about 20 others. The move, though wrong, brought the promise of peace on the Egyptian border in a 2 way deal between Sadat and a prime minister with a mandate, Begin.

Today, 97% of the Jews to be deported are refusing to leave, half a million Jews live "over the green line," and a hundred thousands Jews inside the line are prepared to join the struggle with civil disobedience (blocking highways, etc.), and the average Israeli knows that there's no peace deal and a PLO terror state is being set up in the heart of the country. There are Jews volunteering their days to stand on the sidewalks of Netanya, Afula, Ashkelon, etc., with fake Kassams on the sidewalk looking like they've just landed and giving out literature on the Kassam rocket attacks to start after the turn over of N. Shomron and Aza to the PLO. And the Fat Man has no mandate, having specifically run against his opponent claiming that his opponent's unilateral disengagement from Aza plan was dangerous. Now there's a Chardal movement (chareidi leumi), being bolstered by the realization of the religious nationalists that Chabad got it right (support the Jews of EY, don't support zionism or its symbols). And now the combat units are full of kippa wearing soldiers who will actually listen to piskei dinim not to deport Jews (the majority of officers are said to be kipa wearing at this point). And the country as whole is far more religious than during Yamit (the majorit of Kita Aleph kids this year are in dati & chareidi schools).

To top it all off, the Kibbutnikim living near the soon to be PLO areas are watching Tzahal reinforce their roofs to withstand the coming kassams (as they wonder, "what if our kids are outside when the kassams land?).

In short, this aint Yamit - the nation is ready to stop the OSLO suicide train now, and there's no way the Rebbe would be less vocal about it than R' Volpe and the former Chief Rabbis (Eliyahu & Shapira).

Last edited by ShleimutHaaretz; 04-11-2005 at 03:50 PM.