Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Lubavitch > The World of Lubavitch

Unread 02-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

"Kos Shel Brakha" in 770

1. Are the guys who take part to that circus are serious? (with their empty glasses, you know. I even saw some who were pretending drinking while ther glass was empty .)

2. Is that "custom" widespread among Meshichisten or only among lunatics in the group? (I witnessed it in Paris recently.)

3. Where comes the wine? Is it really a wine from a Kos Shel Brokho from the time were the Rebbe was alive?

When it was annonced that 2600 glasses of "Kos Shel brokho" will be distributed in a TT Yeshivah in France, to someone who was skeptical, a Parisian Rabbi told the following:

Quote:
Immediately after receiving the Kos shel brakha from the Rebbe ***, this wine was put in a new bottle away from the eyes of nokhim.

Since then we have always been careful to protect it from chametz, either in a direct or indirect contact.

This bottle is conserved and protected physically and visually in a brown paper bag in a closet where children have no access since 5752.

The addition of wine is always made from a new bottle of Kesser opened specially for this purpose according to the instructions of the Rebbe *** himself:

It should be added to the existing Kos shel brakha in the bottle by successive addition of a quantity of wine always lower than the Kos shel brakha to maintain precisely the brakha.

This wine Kos shel bracha is used every Shabbat and Yamim Tovim, and included Arba Kossot and Seoudat Mashiach, and is thus constantly renewed.
I don't know why, but I am skeptical. It looks that an all-made business...
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

What's the point? Who cares?
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
Lamp Lighter

Aside from the interesting party involving the KSB, My parents have been given small bottles of KSB from a few shluchim that are close to them and we add to it.

So its all a scam? I mean they got it for free...
Lamp Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote