Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > General

Unread 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Zvi

FBI hate crime stats and Jewish self defense

These statistics are from the FBI hate crime stats for 2010. The majority of hate crimes based on religion were committed against Jews. So why do we not focus more energy on self defense training ?

Victims

Download Printable Document

In the Uniform Crime Reporting Program, the victim of a hate crime may be an individual, a business, an institution, or society as a whole.* In 2010, the Nation’s law enforcement agencies reported that there were 8,208 victims of hate crimes.* Of these victims, 9 were victimized in 4 separate multiple-bias incidents.

Religious bias

Of the 1,552 victims of an anti-religion hate crime:

67.0 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-Jewish bias.

12.7 percent were victims of an anti-Islamic bias.

4.2 percent were victims of an anti-Catholic bias.

3.0 percent were victims of an anti-Protestant bias.

0.5 percent were victims of an anti-Atheist/Agnostic bias.*

9.1 percent were victims of a bias against other religions (anti-other religion).

3.5 percent were victims of a bias against groups of individuals of varying religions (anti-multiple religions, group).

(Based on Table 1.)

Source is http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-2010-victims
Zvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
chas4116

It's sad

It.s sad, but it might just be that Jews are their own worst enemies
chas4116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Schpier

Thumbs down Their own worst enemies?

The statement as noted, is both offensive, unsupported and frankly ludicrous. A brief review of national and international news sources and social networks ( Facebook) and blogs such as Pamela Geller's incisive reporting on "Atlas Shrugs" ( see reference below) will reveal to the reader that there is a massive movement of Jew hatred, Israel destruction and extreme violence - originated by many of the muslim world. Indeed other religions, such as ******ians are being targeted by this criminal cult too. Are Jews and ******ians "their own worst enemies" ??
It behooves Jews and those of other religions to not only take active defensive measures ( be they any /all combinations of political, military and individual "street level,") but also to be proactive in the elimination of the muslim plague.
As Israel continues to be the single most important haven of safety for Jews, Jewery dare not fall into the trap of apathy! Only by active, energetic and decisive ACTION shall we be able to stand proudly and strongly continue to shout to the world,"NEVER AGAIN!"

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/[/url]
Schpier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Zvi

I'm assuming that Chas means that Jews are their own worst enemies in that more of us aren't training in self defense.

Schpeir: If you're referring to my post, I actually only posted statistics from the FBI site itself. Are you saying that statistics are offensive ? I don't understand. They are what they are. The point is to do something about it.
Unread 01-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
Schpier

Wink

@Zvi, I was referring to the comment "own worst enemies", not the statistics. I agree completely on the need to improve self defence training - including the legal use of handguns for use by those who may feel especially vulnerable. Further, the outcome of the coming election in the USA will be critical ( I believe) in affecting the safety of Jews not only in the USA but also in Israel. It is obvious that Hussein Obama MUST be replaced! Please vote accordingly....
Schpier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
mcp
Executive Member

If you want people to take you seriously stop the drama.
mcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Zvi

What drama ? I posted statistics published by the government.
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
FlyingAxe
Silver Member

Keep relying on the government and its police to protect you.
FlyingAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
OBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAxe View Post
Keep relying on the government and its police to protect you.
Educating and informing state officials helps a lot.
OBurger is offline   Reply With Quote