Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Teenagers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2006, 10:15 PM   #126
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
It looks like There is a new high school to be opened in Monsey,NY
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2006, 07:40 PM   #127
chabadsmiles
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar
It looks like There is a new high school to be opened in Monsey,NY
well chassidish? small? whos the principal
Does anyone know what california is like?
i heard its pretty chassidish considering california|klipafornia
chabadsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #128
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabadsmiles
well chassidish? small? whos the principal
Does anyone know what california is like?
i heard its pretty chassidish considering california|klipafornia
Today was the meeting with Rabbi Kagan
He is going to be the principal. He has great experience with Detroit and another place
will start , 9th and 10th grade
it is going to be registered with NY school
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2006, 12:26 AM   #129
n'eNow770
Diamond Member
 
n'eNow770's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,288
To be honest, California used to have a lot of issues...
Now, they're a way better school....
B"H out of 11 girls who applied, 8 are going to Chitrik next yr!
On the generall whole the girls are Chassidish, and it's a fun place to be from what I hear...
__________________
We want n'eNow we don't want to wait...
n'eNow770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2006, 06:01 PM   #130
why
Gold Member
 
why's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 894
I heard Florida (Denburg) turned out to be awsome and chassidishe too.
Also that they're very picky accepting girls.
__________________
Moshiach Now!!!
why is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #131
chitas=connect
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
chicago????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they have all theese issues with the mesivta boys and the girls in the school dont ask are invoved in dirty blogs, my space boyfriends and the school isnt good with shape up or ship out............................................
  Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #132
FrumFrenzy
Junior Member
 
FrumFrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
which school you talking about??
personaly i have friends who go to chicago and they are not at all like this!! very chassidish!
where did you hear this?
FrumFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 09:13 PM   #133
chitas=connect
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
lghs chicago
  Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:01 PM   #134
Tevuna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitas=connect
chicago????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they have all theese issues with the mesivta boys and the girls in the school dont ask are invoved in dirty blogs, my space boyfriends and the school isnt good with shape up or ship out............................................
I've had relatives in the mesivta, and one that is going there IY"H, and I didn't hear anything bad about the mesivta in that direction.
Tevuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #135
why
Gold Member
 
why's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 894
I think out of all the schools this year, from what I hear, Bais Chomesh Toronto had the best year. they've got good learning, great bnos chabad, chassidishkeit, a tznius and good production, chayos towards the right things, one big happy family atmosphere... everything.
But everywhere you're gonna find something wrong, girls there complained about a peer-pressure to be Chassidish (!?!).
__________________
Moshiach Now!!!
why is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #136
HaMaysehHa'ikar
Member
 
HaMaysehHa'ikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 84
Monsey!!!!!

Rabbi Kagan is an amazing principal, he really cares about his students. Detroit High school was amazing, really inspired girls to become chassidish and do more. He is the type of principal that will accept a girl that isnt so chassidish and turn her into a real chassid!!! Let me tell you I have seen it myself. When I saw that he was opening up a school again, I was thrilled.... with so much crazyness in HS these days, its good to know that someone who cares is out there in chinuch for our girls.
__________________
המעשה הוא העיקר
Moshiach NOW!
HaMaysehHa'ikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #137
hishtatchus
Senior Diamond Member
 
hishtatchus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitas=connect
lghs chicago
Chitas=connect, sounds like unfounded Lashon Hara to me. The Mesivta is very strict about internet access.
hishtatchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:40 PM   #138
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member
 
Majorthinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by why
I think out of all the schools this year, from what I hear, Bais Chomesh Toronto had the best year. they've got good learning, great bnos chabad, chassidishkeit, a tznius and good production, chayos towards the right things, one big happy family atmosphere... everything.
But everywhere you're gonna find something wrong, girls there complained about a peer-pressure to be Chassidish (!?!).
I know it....but isn't that the best kind of peer pressure to have? FYI, that's how it is every year- that girls complain that they don't want to be chassidish, and they feel like it's being shoved down their throats. Don't hate me for this one, but at one point (and I think I said this at the Yud Shvat farbrengen) I felt like that too. Then I grew up a little, and realized that hey, it wasn't such a bad thing, besides for the fact that it wasn't being shoved down my throat as much as I thought it was. But yes, there is a peer pressure to be 'chassidish' that some girls might not like. If only there was such a peer pressure to do well academically, too, and if only it went for tznius, too. Then maybe we wouldn't measure so horribly next to the BY girls. They aren't 'chassidish', but they are academic, frum and tznius. We're frum, but a lot of girls need to work on tznius, and most of us aren't serious about schoolwork or learning (although my class was). Oh, and they're more careful about LH than us, too. We can learn a lot from them......and we need some peer pressure to be more like them in a lot of ways. If only, if only, if only. Watch me come back and try to change it....
__________________
!חסידים איין משפחה
One big happy family!

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:52 PM   #139
yaldah613
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorthinker
I know it....but isn't that the best kind of peer pressure to have? FYI, that's how it is every year- that girls complain that they don't want to be chassidish, and they feel like it's being shoved down their throats. Don't hate me for this one, but at one point (and I think I said this at the Yud Shvat farbrengen) I felt like that too. Then I grew up a little, and realized that hey, it wasn't such a bad thing, besides for the fact that it wasn't being shoved down my throat as much as I thought it was. But yes, there is a peer pressure to be 'chassidish' that some girls might not like. If only there was such a peer pressure to do well academically, too, and if only it went for tznius, too. Then maybe we wouldn't measure so horribly next to the BY girls. They aren't 'chassidish', but they are academic, frum and tznius. We're frum, but a lot of girls need to work on tznius, and most of us aren't serious about schoolwork or learning (although my class was). Oh, and they're more careful about LH than us, too. We can learn a lot from them......and we need some peer pressure to be more like them in a lot of ways. If only, if only, if only. Watch me come back and try to change it....
oh i WISH, WISH, WISH someone was 'shoving it down my throat' to be chassidish!! Its so hard when you don't have a school/parents/siblings to inspire you & push you & encourage you...so all i've got is my mashpia and friends (B"H). But yes, we could do to learn from BY girls. Then again, I know lotsa BY girls who are not too good with LH either...
yaldah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:53 PM   #140
yaldah613
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaMaysehHa'ikar
Rabbi Kagan is an amazing principal, he really cares about his students. Detroit High school was amazing, really inspired girls to become chassidish and do more. He is the type of principal that will accept a girl that isnt so chassidish and turn her into a real chassid!!! Let me tell you I have seen it myself. When I saw that he was opening up a school again, I was thrilled.... with so much crazyness in HS these days, its good to know that someone who cares is out there in chinuch for our girls.
so what's happening? detroit closed & is 'moving' to monsey? Is someone else opening up detroit again or will there be no school there? Will there be detroit girls in monsey?
yaldah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2006, 12:02 AM   #141
Meshulam
Senior Diamond Member
 
Meshulam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,427
If one is warning someone else for that person's benefit, the laws of LH can be suspended. For example, if I knew it was potentially dangerous spiritually for you to go to, for example, LGHS Chicago, and I told you so, that wouldn't be LH. I would be doing you a favor.

Obviously, the statement that Chitas made is a little inflamatory, but that doesn't make it incorrect. That place shot itself in the foot a handful of years ago by firing the principal, who was sent by the Rebbe to run a high school in Chicago, and it is well known that it isn't the same place today. (There's a price to pay when you sacrifice Chassidishkeit for the sake of politics).
Meshulam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #142
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member
 
Majorthinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaldah613
oh i WISH, WISH, WISH someone was 'shoving it down my throat' to be chassidish!! Its so hard when you don't have a school/parents/siblings to inspire you & push you & encourage you...so all i've got is my mashpia and friends (B"H). But yes, we could do to learn from BY girls. Then again, I know lotsa BY girls who are not too good with LH either...
Hehe, for the last couple years, I did appreciate it, and now I miss it! It's annoying that I didn't chap for the first 2 years that it was a bracha, but at least i realized before I graduated!
__________________
!חסידים איין משפחה
One big happy family!

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:33 AM   #143
hishtatchus
Senior Diamond Member
 
hishtatchus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshulam
If one is warning someone else for that person's benefit, the laws of LH can be suspended. For example, if I knew it was potentially dangerous spiritually for you to go to, for example, LGHS Chicago, and I told you so, that wouldn't be LH. I would be doing you a favor.

Obviously, the statement that Chitas made is a little inflamatory, but that doesn't make it incorrect. That place shot itself in the foot a handful of years ago by firing the principal, who was sent by the Rebbe to run a high school in Chicago, and it is well known that it isn't the same place today. (There's a price to pay when you sacrifice Chassidishkeit for the sake of politics).
In this case, I cannot speak for LGHS although I doubt the accusations, but to say that the girls are involved with Mesivta students is extremely highly unlikely- some proof must be provided, as I know for a fact that Mesivta students are under careful supervision.
hishtatchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 01:17 PM   #144
peacenow
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1
Question

hey anybody know if the new lubavitch monsey high school is any good.
peacenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #145
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,716
I would suggest asking in at least 6 months.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #146
Tevuna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshulam View Post
If one is warning someone else for that person's benefit, the laws of LH can be suspended. For example, if I knew it was potentially dangerous spiritually for you to go to, for example, LGHS Chicago, and I told you so, that wouldn't be LH. I would be doing you a favor.

Obviously, the statement that Chitas made is a little inflamatory, but that doesn't make it incorrect. That place shot itself in the foot a handful of years ago by firing the principal, who was sent by the Rebbe to run a high school in Chicago, and it is well known that it isn't the same place today. (There's a price to pay when you sacrifice Chassidishkeit for the sake of politics).
Having had relatives who went through the Mesivta, I do not think that they had to do with girls. As for LGHS, I do not think that it is any worse than the other school , because I see the girls. You can learn as ma'amorim, sichos, Dvar Malchus as you want, but if you dress in a way that makes the Rebbeim upset, you are no better tahn the other school. In the beggining I thought that Bnois Rabeinu was great, but I've changed my mind when I saw what the girls looked like.
Tevuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 12:41 AM   #147
BeAjew
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 30
hey im in br and im totally not a snob! i dnt knw why everyone gets the impression of CHsers being snobs? but someone once tootally that she didnt think i was from ch .. compliment?? anyways,, br as i might say is not bad.. mrs. teichtel is very nice and very aware of wats going on even tho there are lots of kids.. someother principals i may not like but it depends who u are like which principal u like the best... it is campish like g.o. and just everything.. lke this past yr 12th grade goin to sem.. sat int he halls sang by recess.. its like one big camp... achos hatmimim did a lot for br!! this yr wasnt as good as last. but hopefully this coming yr. will be better.. its a very good program and someone said b4 its a cult? i can kinda see how shes speaking but its good that everyone wants to be part of it.. its like the cool thing to be in it.. and do good.. no one looks like eww ur some chassidish freakk.. everyone is part of it.. and at the end u come to not even doin it for the prize.. us should see 770 its so nice its packed with girls learning sichos.. and if u do win the prize u have the trip of a life time!! but in br there are some kids that fall through the cracks it isnt for everyone.. im an in towner so its kinda easier for me im used to the big school.. some outatowners like it here but some its too big for and u need more attention.. and there are always some bummy or not chassidishkids everywhere.. in like every school u cant find like the whooole school is all chassidish.. unfortunally some kids in br arent chassidish and good kids.. but that doesnt take away from the fact that there are others that are!
BeAjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 02:40 AM   #148
drAydel
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 60
trouble i sppl get lost there, n w/ so many girls, the major portion that rnt chassidish stand out

Originally Posted by 7seven7seven0
it seems like everyone is forgetting the aspect of school called LEARNING. your life doesn't end after high school! and yes even to be a shliach/shlucha you still need a proper education (that means kodesh and english!!!), especially a shliach. no one respects what a stupid rabbi or rebetzin says. accademics are also a top priority when choosing schools. it's sad that so many lubavitch high schools forget to teach.


Agreed and not agreed.
I agree that learning is important -when it comes to kodesh. But English??? Okay, you have to know some of that stuff, but it takes a low place on my priority list.
__________________

sounds like bchs california.
12th grade doesnt have to take any english this yr! we get chassiduc instead! n bh, to those comments above, the school's shaping up tremendously
__________________
Chassidus is the only party in town!
drAydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2006, 12:07 AM   #149
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacenow View Post
hey anybody know if the new lubavitch monsey high school is any good.
They started few weeks ago
I heard that girls are very enthousiastics and they like it so much. Many times they oder lunch from the Pizza Shop.
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #150
TorahJewess
Member
 
TorahJewess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 45
Bnos Rabbeinu

I go to Bnos Rabbeinu and I think it's the most amaaazing school!!! Mrs. Turen is a great principal. The school is kept small, so we all get lots of attention. The learning is amazing -- lots of chassidus, enough english, electives, and lots of fun!! we have achos hatmimim for the first time this year and we have bnos chabad. the production is usually the best one of all high schools! The girls are all like one big family, we have an amazing dorm with amazing dorm counselors. The community is amazing too, even with the split. We do achdus things with LGHS, such as we had a machanyim game with them once already. Its an amazing school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And theres only a few girls who arent chassidish, but most turn out to be. We all come out with love for chassidus an the Rebbe.
p.s. Can people please type with periods and capital letters, so it's easier to read?
TorahJewess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High School Girls?! Jude Teenagers 57 06-17-2008 04:06 PM
Interesting games for high school girls at malava malkas calmsoul Teenagers 13 04-30-2007 11:33 AM
Regarding "pluralistic" community high schools Gerald Chinuch 13 06-26-2005 04:36 PM
Jewish high schools Shlucha Teenagers 10 10-13-2002 01:46 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2016 ChabadTalk.com