Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Teenagers

Unread 01-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #176
Meshulam
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHiphop View Post
B"H

Is 'love before marriage' recommended in chassidic circles?
No. (The answer is that simple)
Meshulam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #177
flyaway

Quote:
B"H

Are you crazy?
flyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #178
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Quote:
B"H

Yes it is!...v'ahavta es Hashem Elokecha and v'ahavta le'reiacha camocha.
MrFinkelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #179
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFinkelstein View Post
No I don't really understand what the issue is. They want to stop but don't think it's possible. To me it looks like there is a good chance they will eventually get married if they already love each other so much. If this is so, then I think they should tell their parents right now and their parents will advise them how to proceed.
you don't sound as an expert to help in this situation
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #180
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar View Post
you don't sound as an expert to help in this situation
You are correct. I am not an expert. I was asking questions to try to understand the situation. It wasn't clear to me what was going on. But if Majorthinker is right, then I understand now. But this doesn't mean anybody should take my advice. I'm just brainstorming ideas to try to help.
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #181
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
But this doesn't mean anybody should take my advice. .
getting married at 16? in 5768?in Lub?
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #182
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Quote:
getting married at 16? in 5768?in Lub?
That's not what I meant.....

I meant getting married in a few years...you know, waiting for eachother.....
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #183
chitas=connect

Majorthinker, 10 points! you hit the nail on the head! thats exactly it. we are too tight to suddenly cut off communication (a sign that we went too far) so i need tips on how to stop seeingand talking to him
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #184
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Chittas
How long ago did you start talking to your friend?
Unread 01-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #185
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitas=connect View Post
we are too tight to suddenly cut off communication...so i need tips on how to stop seeingand talking to him
Do you see that this is a contradiction? On the one hand you believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE to suddenly stop. On the other hand you are looking for advice how to do it.

If you believe it is impossible, then maybe you are really in love and in a few years from now you will be married to each other. But since you are asking for advice how to stop, you do believe it's possible.

So the only advice for how to suddenly stop "seeing and talking to him" is.....to suddenly stop. You want to suddenly stop then the only thing to do is suddenly stop.

It will be difficult and painful but it will pass soon enough. If it doesn't pass then maybe there is a future with him.
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #186
Aaronke
Silver Member

Dear Chitas=connect, you are 16 and therefore but a minor. NO ONE should be advising you about this and, - or, if you should or shouldn't marry, or who to marry and when, WITHOUT YOUR BELOVED PARENTS knowing what the heavens is going on!
You said you can't do it to save your skin! DO IT and your parents will only love you and respect you more. And if you need a trusted friend to be their with you when you open up to your dear mother, then so be it.
We live in a dark golus. I heard from Rabbi Chazan form Manchester, UK who quoted from the Medrash that the when the Jews left Mitzraim, Hashem had to take them out himself since they had sunk to the 49th level of Tuma and one more level and they would be gone! The Medrash continues that in the time right before Moshiach, the Jews will sink to the 50th! It is normal! We all have yetzer Horos and your parents will respect you for your courage and honesty and willingness to change. Please! This might be the last iskafya that will bring the shchina and with it the ultimate geula!
I HEARBY TAKE UPON MYSELF TO LEARN AN EXTRA PEREK TANYA FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS FOR YOUR ZECHUS AND FOR THE ZECHUS OF THE SUCCESS OF YOUR BRAVE DEED!
Good luck!
Aaronke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #187
chitas=connect

K ill try to clarify. NO we do not want to marry each other. what im trying to say is that being that we are already so close it is impossible to one day cut off communication even when it is mutual (is this clearer?) you see i need help on how to break it in a way that WILL work meaning in a way where i wont stop just for a day and then continue the realtionship. is this better mr. finkel?
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #188
chitas=connect

Quote:
Chittas
How long ago did you start talking to your friend?
its been a couple months why do you ask?
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #189
chitas=connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronke View Post
Please! This might be the last iskafya that will bring the shchina and with it the ultimate geula!
I HEARBY TAKE UPON MYSELF TO LEARN AN EXTRA PEREK TANYA FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS FOR YOUR ZECHUS AND FOR THE ZECHUS OF THE SUCCESS OF YOUR BRAVE DEED!
Good luck!
WOW! ok thats it im dropping thi sguy like a hot potato. i cant believe a person who doesnt know me nor all th edetails would do something so pure. IM DONE WHITH GUY FOREVER DELETED HIS NUMBER AND I WILL NEVER MEET NOR SPEAK WITH HIM AGAIN. MOSHIACH NOW!!!!

zol shien zein de guelah
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #190
Aaronke
Silver Member

Moshiach now is right! And let us all unite together to do one more thing to bring about the hisgalus of Moshiach Tekef umiad Momosh! Momosh! Momosh!
(p.s. I just finished learning Igeres Hatshuva perek 2 right now)
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #191
chitas=connect

Quote:
Moshiach now is right! And let us all unite together to do one more thing to bring about the hisgalus of Moshiach Tekef umiad Momosh! Momosh! Momosh!
(p.s. I just finished learning Igeres Hatshuva perek 2 right now)
WOAH!!!!!!! that is spooky major!
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:57 AM   #192
flyaway

Hashgocho protis means that Hashem runs the world to the tee!
flyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:58 AM   #193
Aaronke
Silver Member

Indeed! And as Hashem runs the world, may he lead us to geula NOW! NOW! NOW!
Unread 01-04-2008, 01:19 AM   #194
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
WOW! ok thats it im dropping thi sguy like a hot potato. i cant believe a person who doesnt know me nor all th edetails would do something so pure. IM DONE WHITH GUY FOREVER DELETED HIS NUMBER AND I WILL NEVER MEET NOR SPEAK WITH HIM AGAIN. MOSHIACH NOW!!!!

zol shien zein de guelah
very nice chitas!
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #195
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Quote:
Dear Chitas=connect, you are 16 and therefore but a minor. NO ONE should be advising you about this and, - or, if you should or shouldn't marry, or who to marry and when, WITHOUT YOUR BELOVED PARENTS knowing what the heavens is going on!
Of course. If you read my posts, from the very first one, and over and over again I stressed that she needs to tell her parents and that her parents must be the ones to advise her. The only thing I was suggesting for her to do was to either break it off herself or to consult her parents about her situation if she finds it impossible to break it off or really doesn't want to. I am very happy that she has made the right decision. May she go from strength to strength and may her true beshert find her in the right time.
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #196
MrFinkelstein
Silver Member

Quote:
B"H

What were you planning to do with me in the meanwhile, hold me hostage somewhere, like you have been doing to my father recently? I don't think so.
Your jokes are over my head.
Unread 01-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #197
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:
Do you see that this is a contradiction? On the one hand you believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE to suddenly stop. On the other hand you are looking for advice how to do it.

If you believe it is impossible, then maybe you are really in love and in a few years from now you will be married to each other. But since you are asking for advice how to stop, you do believe it's possible.

So the only advice for how to suddenly stop "seeing and talking to him" is.....to suddenly stop. You want to suddenly stop then the only thing to do is suddenly stop.

It will be difficult and painful but it will pass soon enough. If it doesn't pass then maybe there is a future with him.
She knows logically that it is wrong, and therefore wants to stop. OTOH, she 'loves' him, and is having 'fun', so it is hard. We call this a war between the nefesh elokis and the nefesh habahamis.

Oh- and chitas....how do I understand? It's not my first time helping a girl in this situation. Let's just say that. (1-800-MASHPIA)

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #198
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member

Quote:

zol shien zein de guelah
May this be the end of it, and may you have the strength to follow through until the end.

הוי כתלמידיו של אהרן הכהן!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #199
chitas=connect

Oh- and chitas....how do I understand? It's not my first time helping a girl in this situation. Let's just say that. (1-800-MASHPIA)[/quote]

wish that number was real.................
Unread 01-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #200
chitas=connect

[quote=Majorthinker;138719]We call this a war between the nefesh elokis and the nefesh habahamis.quote]

We also call this divorcing mind from actions