Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Chinuch

Unread 12-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #26
raf1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
So you are saying what you are saying not on the basis of any real knowledge of other mosdos or other systems of chinuch, but rather "since it isn't Lubavitch, how can it be better"?

Am I understanding correctly?

Hopefully, you realize how silly and self serving it sounds.

[This is even without getting into the issue that their is a world of Chassidus outside Lubavitch].

All I can say is - you are wrong. Someday life experience will catch up with you.
1. No, I've been in touch with the Litvitcher world otherwise I wouldn't be writing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
[This is even without getting into the issue that there is a world of Chassidus outside Lubavitch]
All I can say is - you are wrong. Someday life experience will catch up with you.

2. I really hope you're right but I'm not so optimistic. Could you please give me some concrete and real examples?
raf1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #27
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

In that case, that you know about the world outside L, you will know that there are many melamdim and mechanchim who are in it solely for the sake of chinuch, and their goal is to impart Ahavas Hashem and Ahavas Hatorah and midos tovos etc etc to their students - and are professional to boot. They are also for what they are teaching.

I therefore do not begin to understand some of the statements you made earlier.

Are all teachers and mosdos like that? Of course not (unfortunately). But enough to make generalities like the ones written above - a bit ridiculous IMHO.

I don't know what you would consider "real and concrete examples".

Last edited by Torah613; 12-27-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #28
raf1988

Non-Lubavitcher mosdos you met in your own life that you can say that you would send your children to learn there with any doubt that they will get the right Middos.
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #29
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

For sure (though I would not give addresses for obvious reasons) - though "without any doubt" is impossible when it comes to chinuch. And since we try to send our children to L whenever possible - I doubt my kids would end up there (though in some ways ...'tis a shame...).

In any case, the answer to your original question is in the very first sentence of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raf1988 View Post
I'm personally very inspired by the statement of the Friedicker Rebbe that "Chassidus starts where Mussar finishes."
I recall a quote of the FR along these lines (in Likutei Dibburim IIRC), though I don't recall exactly where right now, and am not going to look for it. But in this statement we have the key to the solution IMO.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #30
raf1988

I can't argue with you and I will not argue on these points but it would be interesting to know why are you so pesimistic about the Lub system.