Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Moshiach

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Unread 05-25-2006, 07:36 PM   #201
rezman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Duke
However, there will be those who, out of jealousy and hatred will simply set out to attack him where he has done nothing to initiate the assault. They will do so by constantly attempting to discredit him either because he has shown them an error in their thinking or because, he challenges their beliefs. Or more simply, they are jealous. These are the ones who fall into the admonition concerning the rejection of prophets.
Thank you DW, I understand. Anyone who knowingly attacks Moshiach or his "co-workers" will indeed put themself in a very dangerous position.
__________________
"Dovid ha Melech zochur lo-tov chay ve-kayom!"
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #202
olensky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumkite
Are you the one clearing the aisle?
Chairfu Meshichechah.

Dovid
olensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #203
magdiel
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumkite
Are you the one clearing the aisle?
That's not my style but I respect the one who does clear the aisle. Anyone with emunah peshutah, IMO, is on the highest level. Don't forget, i'm not a Chabad guy (at least not yet) so in Chagat, emunas Tzaddikim and emunah peshuta are held in high esteem.
Of course, I understand the Chabad approach is differant, but I regret to say, Halevi some of the posters here would be on the Chagat madrega.
magdiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #204
magdiel
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumkite
For sure.

But, in this case, it's a MO professor at Bar Ilan who's behind this publication, not the kofer-webmaster.
In that case it must be glatt kosher, chabad shechita, cholov yisroel and pas Yisroel; after all a MO. not one of those crazy Kofrim; BTW, do you know many Breslovers do "Igros" style questions in Likutei Maharan? I only point it out to you because it seems only Mists are in your "sights".
magdiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2006, 01:00 AM   #205
Frumkite
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by magdiel
do you know many Breslovers do "Igros" style questions in Likutei Maharan? I only point it out to you because it seems only Mists are in your "sights".
Are you referring to the newly observant, not yet learned in a yeshiva, "nachs" who are chassidim of a chassid who claims to have found a letter from R' Nachman stating that the main avoda is to chant na, nach repeatedly?

If they were chassidim of R' Nachman they would (al pi harambam) model their behavior after R' Nachman (who never committed the aveira of bitul zman by chanting na, nach even once) and not after some chassidim "who know the truth."
Frumkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2006, 01:41 AM   #206
JewishHiphop
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,180
When is this bickering going to end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumkite
Are you referring to the newly observant, not yet learned in a yeshiva, "nachs" who are chassidim of a chassid who claims to have found a letter from R' Nachman stating that the main avoda is to chant na, nach repeatedly?

If they were chassidim of R' Nachman they would (al pi harambam) model their behavior after R' Nachman (who never committed the aveira of bitul zman by chanting na, nach even once) and not after some chassidim "who know the truth."
Frumkite, you have often quoted a letter from the Rebbe to someone in which he allegedly said that "there is no mitzvah to search out who is Moshiach, but there is a mitzvah to have ahavas yisroel for every yid".

Do you think that this same logic may possibly apply in the reverse as well - I.e. instead of going on a religious crusade against the Meshichistim and Na Nach Nachaman crowd maybe these energies would be better spent on actually doing something to bring the geualah shleimah NOW [...] or promote the Rebbe's campaign for Shleimut HaAretz etc.

Where is all of this endless bickering and arguing getting you - or anyone?! I'll tell you where - no where.
JewishHiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #207
simonjandrews
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8
how can a human be the moshiac??

I dont get it you want a mere man to come and rid Isreal of its enemies?? and if this messiah is gonna come whats he waiting for???
If I had seen the apple of my eye suffering as the jewish nation has undoubtedly done I would have sent the messiah down there right away to wipe all their enemies out.

cheers! you know im right.

p.s thats the best sentence I've put together yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pps Your hat is slippin!!!!
simonjandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #208
Shal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjandrews View Post
I dont get it you want a mere man to come and rid Isreal of its enemies?? and if this messiah is gonna come whats he waiting for???!!!
Simon: The moshiah will be made know when Hashem says the time is right. When man is truely ready for the next stage of History.
Shal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #209
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,699
Moshiach is going to come at any second, people Ready or not
so, lets get ready
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #210
magdiel
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjandrews View Post
I dont get it you want a mere man to come and rid Isreal of its enemies??
The Jewish Messiah is not a "mere Man" but a peson so holy that he has G-d given powers to accomplish what the greatest rulers in history were unable to; to transform the world to one that is only good and kind, and disencumbering the evil on the way.
magdiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #211
altergod
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by magdiel View Post
Who is alive today who would be considered a potential candidate for Moshaich (not including the Rebbe)? All opinions are welcome, but I am looking for specific individuals to be named, not generic descriptions.
Every Jew. Yechida Shebenefesh is the Nitzotz Mashiach. Meaning, every Jew that has a soul is Moshiach.

Although the Rebbe is the Yechida Klolis and therefore the Moshiach Kloli, nevertheless, every jew is Moshiach by revealing his Nitzotz Moshiach in his soul (Giluy Etzem Hanefesh, Yechida Shebenefesh). Giluy Etzem Hanefesh can be attained by Hiskashrus, and/or Mesirus Nefesh. http://www.moshiach.net/blind/hebrew/dm-index.htm
altergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #212
avremele
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshulam View Post
I think that the Tosher Rebbe is realted to the Maharal, who we have already determined was from the line of Dovid. He is certainly a Tzaddik, and he has much influence in the Chassidic world, especially Montreal. While we're playing silly games with no toeles, I thought I would throw that in.

Though I think Magdiel's point (or what I am assuming is his point) is well taken: If you take the Rebbe out of the picture (chas v'shalom), the conversation about who Moshiach could be sort of flounders for lack of an obvious candidate (or any candidate, other than, as I have indicated, the Tosher Rebbe, who a Vizhnitz friend of mine once told me was probably the leader of the generation. Incidentally, in the same conversation, he told me he thought that the Lubavitcher Rebbe was probably Moshiach).
The Tosher Rebbe is a Levi
avremele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #213
Meshulam
Senior Diamond Member
 
Meshulam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,427
I guess that leaves only the Rebbe.
Meshulam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #214
avremele
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 17
I'm new here and I didn't have a chance to read thru the entire thread.

Personally, I don't think this is the place to discuss the Yichus of any Living candidate. If a person is a follower of any living rebbe, who is currently "L'mata m'asara tefachim" and is neither a Kohen nor a Levi, this person must believe deep down in his heart that his Rebbe could possibly be Moshiach. If he didn't believe that, he wouldn't be exclisively following one Rebbe. That rebbe would just be another ehrlich yid.
avremele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #215
Meshulam
Senior Diamond Member
 
Meshulam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,427
Hence why I made it clear in my post above (from over 2 years ago) that I thought the "candidates for Moshiach" discussion was silly. As you said, we Lubavitchers do not need to search to find a Moshiach. We already have one.
Meshulam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #216
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 11,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by avremele View Post
I'm new here and I didn't have a chance to read thru the entire thread.

Personally, I don't think this is the place to discuss the Yichus of any Living candidate. If a person is a follower of any living rebbe, who is currently "L'mata m'asara tefachim" and is neither a Kohen nor a Levi, this person must believe deep down in his heart that his Rebbe could possibly be Moshiach. If he didn't believe that, he wouldn't be exclisively following one Rebbe. That rebbe would just be another ehrlich yid.
...Or someone that has a derech in Avodas hashem that he feels he wants to follow, because it is most suited to him, regardless of who is Moshiach.
Torah613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #217
avremele
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torah613 View Post
...Or someone that has a derech in Avodas hashem that he feels he wants to follow, because it is most suited to him, regardless of who is Moshiach.
True as well.
avremele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #218
FlyingAxe
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 607
Quote:
Personally, I don't think this is the place to discuss the Yichus of any Living candidate. If a person is a follower of any living rebbe, who is currently "L'mata m'asara tefachim" and is neither a Kohen nor a Levi, this person must believe deep down in his heart that his Rebbe could possibly be Moshiach. If he didn't believe that, he wouldn't be exclisively following one Rebbe. That rebbe would just be another ehrlich yid.
Does a chossid believe his Rebbe is Mashiach because he is his Rebbe, or is his Rebbe his Rebbe, because the chossid believes this person to be Mashiach? What comes first identification of someone as a Rebbe, which automatically leads to identification of him as Mashiach, or identification of someone as (potential) Mashiach, which leads to choosing this person as ones Rebbe? To make things easier, lets say in both cases we are talking of someone who really chose a particular ehrlich yid to be his Rebbe (i.e., wasnt born into being a chossid of this person). Lets also ignore a possibility of his Rebbe being just Rebbe.
FlyingAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #219
avremele
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 17
What came first? The chicken or the egg?
avremele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 05:50 AM   #220
Majorthinker
Executive Diamond Member
 
Majorthinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,615
The two are not interdependent, in my opinion.
__________________
!
One big happy family!

!
Majorthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #221
altergod
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by avremele View Post
What came first? The chicken or the egg?

The chicken came first. Quote:
"And God said: 'Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let fowl fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.'"

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0101.htm

[Genesis, Chapter 1, Verse 20]
altergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #222
Mysegiszt
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by altergod View Post
The chicken came first. Quote:
"And God said: 'Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let fowl fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.'"

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0101.htm

[Genesis, Chapter 1, Verse 20]
anyone who holds that Hashem created the earth knows that the chicken came first as Hashem created creatures ex nihilo, not as eggs or larvae or whatever. adam harishon was created as an adult and so were all of the creatures.
Mysegiszt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #223
MahTovChelkeinu
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,142
Wouldn't you say that both were created at the same time? G-d created the world as complete which could mean that there were both chickens and eggs. Alternatively, you could say that chicken came first because chickens did not start laying eggs until Hashem said "be fruitful and multiply."
MahTovChelkeinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #224
Mysegiszt
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahTovChelkeinu View Post
Alternatively, you could say that chicken came first because chickens did not start laying eggs until Hashem said "be fruitful and multiply."
makes more sense. and no matter what He probably created the chickens to lay the eggs and not eggs ex nihilo. any proof that adam and chava ate eggs in gan eden? highly doubt it lol.
Mysegiszt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #225
MahTovChelkeinu
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,142
Actually it is a legitimately discussed question in halachah why it is ever okay to eat eggs. Generally speaking, some hold than an egg is ever min hachai - and note that the Torah gives special permission through various scriptural sources such as the mitzvah of not taking eggs from a nest when the mother is present.

I would venture to say that Noah was the first to eat eggs just as he was the first to eat animals because even though an egg is different than a limb, its still food from the animal kingdom.
MahTovChelkeinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2016 ChabadTalk.com