Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Moshiach

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 09-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #101
Returning
Banned

BS"D

The next yom tov is Rosh Hashanah, not Purim.

I will reveal myself at the right time. At present, I remain fully clothed.

Last edited by Returning; 09-02-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #102
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shal View Post
So as with the Moshiah, will he be some mystifying super human, or will he just be a ordanary man, who works to accomplish what he is sent to do without publicity or a following of people hanging on his every word, until AFTER he has accomplished what he is to do? Do we dare to look deeper into the teachings and see what may be but wasn't spoken about?
It's really funny, you and DW attacked me about being Moshiach but yet you insinuate DW/DAVID is Moshiach. And I didn't know Mr. Duke had yicus going back to Jewish Royalty.
http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/showthread.php3?t=6948

Magdiel says, "A lawyer, writer and scholar in metaphysics. No, I AM serious. Also a descendant of King David, and believed by you and he to be a candidate for M."

I didn't know that DW is a candidate for Moshiach. And according to Shal his name proves it! I thought Menachem was his name?

Ok DW. I have a way out of this mess. You can be Moshiach ben David if I can be Moshiach ben Yosef. Deal?

Hey Returning, is there room for three more in the kiddy pool?

Last edited by WE Vaughn; 09-04-2008 at 06:07 AM.
WE Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:32 AM   #103
Returning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE Vaughn View Post
Hey Returning, is there room for three more in the kiddy pool?
BS"D

Sorry, not enough liquid chlorine, I mean liquid Thorazine, to keep the kiddy pool safe with three more in there!
Unread 09-03-2008, 07:07 AM   #104
Shal

Quote:
It's really funny, you and DW attacked me about being Moshiach but yet you insinuate DW/DAVID is Moshiach. And I didn't know Mr. Duke had yicus going back to Jewish Royalty. Who really has the agenda here?

We Vaughn, there is no crime in believing someone could be the moshiah. Whether or not they are is proven with time. When all that is claimed to be accomplished by the moshiah is fulfilled, then the one who is a possible moshiah will be recognize as the moshiah. Until then all with the correct blood line are possible moshiah's.

Quote:
Well how about dat. I didn't know that DW is a candidate for Moshiach. And according to Shal his name proves it! I thought Menachem was his name?
Ezekiel 37:15-28
Shal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #105
WE Vaughn

Quote:
[/u]

We Vaughn, there is no crime in believing someone could be the moshiah. Whether or not they are is proven with time. When all that is claimed to be accomplished by the moshiah is fulfilled, then the one who is a possible moshiah will be recognize as the moshiah. Until then all with the correct blood line are possible moshiah's.
Ezekiel 37:15-28
Do you Believe DW Duke could be Moshiach ben David?
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #106
Returning
Banned

LS"D

When Dovid is mentioned as a possible name for Moshiach, the reference is to Admou"r Dovid Schmoigerman of Creedmoor.

In the meantime, why is this patently absurd discussion continuing?
Unread 09-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #107
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
Do you Believe DW Duke could be Moshiach ben David?

Sorry Walter, I don't have time to be Moshiach right now. I am prepraing for a presentation at the UN on human rights abuses in Iran and otherwise I already have too much on my plate to undertake such a daunting task. But if it is any consolation to anyone, now that we are back on the topic of Moshiach, he will be the one HaShem chooses, not the one men choose. Men will anoint the one HaShem chooses. Not the other way around. (Incidentally, the failure to remember this simple principle is the reason there have been so many false identifications of Moshiach in the past, as you aptly noted in your article "Moshiach Behind the Lattice.")
DW Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #108
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Duke View Post
Sorry Walter, I don't have time to be Moshiach right now. I am prepraing for a presentation at the UN on human rights abuses in Iran and otherwise I already have too much on my plate to undertake such a daunting task. But if it is any consolation to anyone, now that we are back on the topic of Moshiach, he will be the one HaShem chooses, not the one men choose. Men will anoint the one HaShem chooses. Not the other way around. (Incidentally, the failure to remember this simple principle is the reason there have been so many false identifications of Moshiach in the past, as you aptly noted in your article "Moshiach Behind the Lattice.")
You know David, regardless who is Moshiach, I do have the greatest respect for you. Using your abilities to make the world a better place.

This is why I was so disappointed in you for first, sharing our private email in a public forum and then telling half truths. David, I never asked you to be my prophet, thats just silly. And I never declared myself as Moshiach but was concerned about the dreams and other unexplained events hinting to this possibility. I also discussed these concerns with two Orthodox Rabbis besides yourself. Rabbi Jeremy Conway of the UK/Leeds and Rabbi Yosef Landa of St. Louis. Their help with my situation is something I'll always be greatful for. If you are a candidate to be Moshiach, then I ask that you apologise. Until this issue is cleared up, you'll never reach your full potential.
Sincerely,
Walter
Unread 09-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #109
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
You know David, regardless who is Moshiach, I do have the greatest respect for you. Using your abilities to make the world a better place.

This is why I was so disappointed in you for first, sharing our private email in a public forum and then telling half truths. David, I never asked you to be my prophet, thats just silly. And I never declared myself as Moshiach but was concerned about the dreams and other unexplained events hinting to this possibility. I also discussed these concerns with two Orthodox Rabbis besides yourself. Rabbi Jeremy Conway of the UK/Leeds and Rabbi Yosef Landa of St. Louis. Their help with my situation is something I'll always be greatful for. If you are a candidate to be Moshiach, then I ask that you apologise. Until this issue is cleared up, you'll never reach your full potential.
Sincerely,
Walter
Walter, you are making far more out of this than it is. I doubt anyone is really even paying attention to this chatter and those who are probably think it is silliness. I don't recall the exact words but my understanding of your reason for contacting me was that if I concluded you were Moshiach to declare you as such. It was a long time ago and I may not be remembering all the details correctly but I recall that is what I came away with after our communications. I do apologize if I am not remembering all the details correctly. What I remember for sure is that you believed you might be moshiach and that you believed I am a prophet and you wanted my opinion on it. I recall your distinct discription about the Moshiach behind the lattice not being raised as a Jew. The reason I remember this was that it reminded me of Moshe who, though born a Jew, was not raised as one. I had recently seen an article by a rabbi who said he believes that is how Moshiach will be.

There was no discussion that our communications would be confidential but even in attorney client relationships the attorney client privilege is waived if the client makes accusations against the attorney and it is necessary to disclose confidential information to rebut the accusations or to show that the accuser is biased or not credible. I disclosed our communications to show one or both of the above.

Walter, there is also no crime in considering the possibility that one might be Moshiach and I have been teasing you a little about this. I thought it more amusing than anything and it doesn't make you less of a person. It is when the person crosses the line and declares himself as such publicly that it becomes a problem. I am not aware that you have ever done that. To be honest with you, I have a strong hunch Moshiach could care less whether he is Moshiach or not. He will be much more concerned about rolling up his sleeves and getting the job done than undergoing a constant introspective identity analysis. But that is just my take on it. And if you recall that is the advice I gave you at the time. The person who is Moshiach cannot do anything to change that fact. It is from above. Therefore, no one really needs to worry about it.
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #110
Shal

DW, can you imagine how the paparazzi (or is that panzy's) are going to dig through that moshiah past once it is known who he is?

And if they can't find anything they'll invent what ever they can think of.
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #111
Shal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
LS"D

When Dovid is mentioned as a possible name for Moshiach, the reference is to Admou"r Dovid Schmoigerman of Creedmoor.

People need entertaining and with the hits this thread has gotten, they apparently are enjoying it, if for nothing other than a good laugh.
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #112
Returning
Banned

Quote:
People need entertaining and with the hits this thread has gotten, they apparently are enjoying it, if for nothing other than a good laugh.
BS"D

I hope that it is a windup and that no one is deluded enough to believe that he is a prophet or that anyone other than myself is Moshiach.
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #113
Shal

Quote:
Returning:

I hope that it is a windup and that no one is deluded enough to believe that he is a prophet or that anyone other than myself is Moshiach.
Not yet. I still have a question for you.

Quote:
LS"D

What do you have to back your thoughts that this is a reference to Admou"r Dovid Schmoigerman of Creedmoor? Could you explain how this man fulfilled this prophecy? Or how you believe him to have done so?
Unread 09-04-2008, 02:47 AM   #114
Returning
Banned

Quote:
Not yet. I still have a question for you.

What do you have to back your thoughts that this is a reference to Admou"r Dovid Schmoigerman of Creedmoor? Could you explain how this man fulfilled this prophecy? Or how you believe him to have done so?

LS"D

It is just that the great Admou"r and his (Purim) Torah are very apropos to this thread!
Unread 09-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #115
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Walter, you are making far more out of this than it is. I doubt anyone is really even paying attention to this chatter and those who are probably think it is silliness. I don't recall the exact words but my understanding of your reason for contacting me was that if I concluded you were Moshiach to declare you as such. It was a long time ago and I may not be remembering all the details correctly but I recall that is what I came away with after our communications. I do apologize if I am not remembering all the details correctly. What I remember for sure is that you believed you might be moshiach and that you believed I am a prophet and you wanted my opinion on it. I recall your distinct discription about the Moshiach behind the lattice not being raised as a Jew. The reason I remember this was that it reminded me of Moshe who, though born a Jew, was not raised as one. I had recently seen an article by a rabbi who said he believes that is how Moshiach will be.

The person who is Moshiach cannot do anything to change that fact. It is from above. Therefore, no one really needs to worry about it.
Good enough, thanks David. I think my experience could be a good lesson for any X/ x-tian, that one must be careful when he dives into Kabbalah and other mystical teachings without competent guidence. There's a real spirit world that exist and if not careful one can be decieved quite easily.
In our world there are 2/ good and evil. Apparently, this same condition exist in the spirit realm. When the evill see's that one receives the good, they come to torment and confuse. Anyone who sets out upon this mystical path should do so only with a competent teacher. In my case I did the right thing, I sought and found Rabbinical help for my issues.

David, the only reason I got involved with this thread was for the concern of a young man who could'nt imagine a world changing from good to bad under moshaich's reign. We must be careful with the young when we introduce things that are not of this world. If they are not strong enough, it can be very disturbing and shake their comfort level to it's very foundation.
P.S. I'm going back to delete some cruel things I said on this forum regarding you and Shal. For this I am truly sorry.
Sincerely,
Walter
Unread 09-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #116
WE Vaughn

My mistake, trying to delete this post.
Unread 09-05-2008, 06:47 AM   #117
Shal

Quote:
LS"D

It is just that the great Admou"r and his (Purim) Torah are very apropos to this thread!

So that qualifies him to be the David that is spoken of in Ezekiel 37:15-28?
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #118
Returning
Banned

Quote:
So that qualifies him to be the David that is spoken of in Ezekiel 37:15-28?
BS"D

No, it qualifies him to be the David spoken of in this thread.
Unread 09-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #119
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
David, the only reason I got involved with this thread was for the concern of a young man who could'nt imagine a world changing from good to bad under moshaich's reign. We must be careful with the young when we introduce things that are not of this world. If they are not strong enough, it can be very disturbing and shake their comfort level to it's very foundation.

Here is the amusing part, the instruction about Thursday morning was not intended to be magical or prophetic at all. It simply meant, select any point in time, at any location in the world, and if you really look for evidence of the divine, you will find it. It has never failed me yet. If you don't find it then you aren't really looking.
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #120
Shal

Quote:
BS"D

No, it qualifies him to be the David spoken of in this thread.

So your saying that Admou"r Dovid Schmoigerman of Creedmoor, is DW Duke?
Unread 09-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #121
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Actually, this thread could provide an interesting foundation for a comedy skit called "Who Am I?"
Unread 09-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #122
WE Vaughn

Quote:
Here is the amusing part, the instruction about Thursday morning was not intended to be magical or prophetic at all. It simply meant, select any point in time, at any location in the world, and if you really look for evidence of the divine, you will find it. It has never failed me yet. If you don't find it then you aren't really looking.
I would only ask, why was he instructed to "look to his right?" Espescially if you say "any location?" You gave a specific day and specific direction in which he should look. Although it may not have been your intention, It sounded to have magical overtones.
Unread 09-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #123
Shal

Quote:
Actually, this thread could provide an interesting foundation for a comedy skit called "Who Am I?"
... We'll get to that later.... LOL
Unread 09-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #124
DW Duke
Diamond Member

Quote:
I would only ask, why was he instructed to "look to his right?"
Because to the right is a location.

Last edited by DW Duke; 09-07-2008 at 03:20 PM.