Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > General

Unread 11-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Toviah

dump

I feel very badly that I, perhaps, have committed a sin against Hashem. I have said several tehillim begging Hashem to forgive me -- do I need to do more to ease my soul? This is the situation:

This evening during Shalishidos at the Anshe Mezeritch shul a Jewish stranger sat down opposite me. It turned out he was mentally ill (a former college professor with several degrees).

He began talking to me, rambling on about the Dead Sea Scrolls and this and that, but twice he mentioned the goyish unmentionable name. The first time I let it pass but the second time I exploded. In an angry voice I told him this was an Orthodox shul and not the right place to discuss the goyish one.

He didn't understand. He said very meekly should I change the subject. I am so ashamed of my anger. Ashamed of yelling at a mentally deficient person. Ashamed that I did not speak to this mentally ill man in a polite voice.

But I was in shul trying with all my heart and soul to connect with Hashem and I thought he was going to try to do a missionary shtick. My rabbi later suggested that I lack patience. I don't know what to think. Did I sin against Hashem by raising my voice against a poor neshuma who wandered into the shul? Maybe it was Eliyahu and I failed the test.
Toviah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

you didn't have any intention and if he didn't understand anyways
you are clean
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Wow

Note

100% RASHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! u are absolutely right about the EliYahu assertion; Perhaps God has been so pleased with allllll your Tfillos as of late, and wanted to send some big juicy Braka to you. But the impure-ones protested saying "what right dost Thou have to conferr such a thing upon 1 man" then the Aabishter says "Silence! Such is my will" but God knew secretly that they had a valid point, so She sent EliYahu haNuvi in the guise of this olter-Yidd to talk about an historical fact, an archaeological discovery [i.e Dead Sea Scrolls] and the Nuvi was instrucyed to mention the "goyisha one" to see your reaction. But sorry to inform you: U FAAAAIIILLLLEED (nebuck, nebuck, nebuck)

"Rise up before the gray-headed, and honor the face of THE OLD MAN"-Vayikra 21

Why not yell at him for mentioning the Zadookim, the so-called Essenes (which are spoken of in these documents) they are great, GREAT herictics you know. U should yell at everyone who mentions Hiiitler (imak shimo) who systimatically obliterated the european apikorsim. Oh to hell with it, yell at him for simply having the audacity to disturb someone who COULD HAVE been engaged in silent meditation with his Oxygen Supplier. Wow, its amazing how the title u chose for this thread and your user name match-up;
because TOVIAH in arabic means repent
Wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
Wow

Key

Now Tovia, be still and I shall instruct ye in the way to go. After-all who was it that inquired "Has Hashem Ever Responded to You?" Now listen to the Voice, and be not stiff-necked as the children of Old. Go and research all u can about these Sea scrolls; This is how you'll make
good -----------NOT WITH GOD------------but the elderly man. Because every word, letter, and even crown of Tora confers reward upon the pupil. Yes, the student and the one who compelled him to study (as this Old man attempted to adorn u with). Therefore honor him, and give him skoos by familiarizing thyself with the Stone that the builder [you] refused! and make it 1 of the chief corner stones of your mind!

but who knows, maybe you getting upset while reading this response as u did with the poor old man....
Free advice for u Tovia; And u didn't have to daven in the darkness of a 100-year-old shteble of a shul on the Lower East Side to which u have the key
Wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
noahidelaws
Executive Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toviah View Post
I feel very badly that I, perhaps, have committed a sin against Hashem.
If you got inappropriately angry at a person, then you sinned against your fellow man as well as against Hashem.
noahidelaws is offline   Reply With Quote