Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Yiddishkeit

Unread 05-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #51
HindaBatEsther

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzinger View Post
Maybe this will be useful to you:

[From a seminar on Kabbalah and Psychology by Rabbi Yitzchak Ginsburgh, shlit"a]
Fly above your fears!
I read much from the Gal Einei website. It's always been very helpful and enlightening to me. Thank you for showing me this.
HindaBatEsther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #52
Glass_Esther

Quote:
Fly above your fears!
I knew someone who was afraid of heights. So she learned to fly and became a pilot
Glass_Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #53
Yankel Nosson
Senior Platinum Member

Light No Need to Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindaBatEsther View Post
When Moshiach comes I wonder if I will still have to pay to ship my things over there or will all my needs be met. I don't fly either, I am phobic. Will all my phobia's be gone?
You will not be flying on an airplane, you will be flying on "clouds of Heaven" which are instantaneous:

From the Rebbe's Sichos:

NO NEED FOR AN AIRPLANE IN THE TRUE AND COMPLETE GEULAH

It has been mentioned several times about what is explained in various places -- in the Rishonim and Achronim, etc. -- that Moshiach Tzidkeinu is able to come in the middle of Shabbos!...Since we are speaking about the true and complete Geulah -- it is understood, that this is not going to be in a way where on the day of Shabbos we are found in "Brooklyn", and after Shabbos goes out we board an "airplane", and travel several hours until we reach the Holy Land, Yerushalayim the Holy City, the Har Habayis and the Beis Hamikdash -- for this is not the true and complete inyan of "immediately", but rather in one moment "it hits you" that we are found in Yerushalayim the Holy City, on the Har Habayis and in the third Beis Hamikdash , together with Moshiach Tzidkeinu.

Parshas Re'eh, 5743

Very soon we will merit to the true and complete Geulah via Moshiach Tzidkeinu -- in a way of "Achishena" ("faster and faster"), "coming with clouds of Heaven" - a flight that is faster than the flight of an "airplane", because flying "with clouds of Heaven", with the "the Holy One's airplane" -- to our Holy Land, and there -- to Yerushalayim the Holy City, and there -- to the third Beis Hamikdash...which will be built speedily in our days mamash.

4 Tishrei, 5743

It is known the saying [of the Rebbe Rashab] that when Moshiach Tzidkeinu will come they will print about his coming in the "newspapers" ("gazetten") -- and so it will be for us that we will see in the "newspapers" of the nearest days that Moshiach Tzidkeinu came!... And all of us as one will fly as together with him in the "airplane of airplanes", "on clouds of heaven", in one moment -- to our Holy Land...there -- to Yerushalayim the Holy City...and there is found the house of the Kohen Gadol -- like the words of the Rambam in todays portion: "His home will be in Yerushalayim and he will not move from there", and there -- to the third Bais Hamikdash...

29 Elul 5744

[They try to rationalize that they need a new car to do their shlichus...] As regards me -- the entire concept of a new car is completely irrelevant to me, I don't recognize the concept! For me--an old car is also good, a car that through it many important matters were accomplished, etc., and consequently they can use it in the future, and particularly -- since immediately we will travel with "clouds of heaven"...and then they won't need a car!

R"Ch Iyar 5746
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #54
aaron benjamin

Thank you for posting these quotes from the Rebbe. I found interesting also the last comment about how when the geulah comes we will not need a car. I wonder how people will get around without cars?
aaron benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #55
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron benjamin View Post
Thank you for posting these quotes from the Rebbe. I found interesting also the last comment about how when the geulah comes we will not need a car. I wonder how people will get around without cars?
One of the reasons why it's difficult to figure out, is that the nowadays society has made everything possible so to consider the car as being indispensable (the same with the TV, oil, Facebook, etc.)

When you purge your mind of all these things, so it's easier to imagine.
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #56
chossidnistar
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosheh5769 View Post
One of the reasons why it's difficult to figure out, is that the nowadays society has made everything possible so to consider the car as being indispensable (the same with the TV, oil, Facebook, etc.)

When you purge your mind of all these things, so it's easier to imagine.
well in Paris you don't need a car, you have the Metro
But ,in many places a car is indispensable,specially in winter ( many miles distance to to supermarket, DR office,bank,train station,etc)
chossidnistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #57
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar View Post
well in Paris you don't need a car, you have the Metro
The Metro, the Tramway, the TGV, the Velib (self-service bicycles) and many other practical transportation. And the best of all...walking! Chabad of France has made a tremendous work where almost every Jewish services are available by feet within or around neighborhoods with an important Jewish presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chossidnistar View Post
But ,in many places a car is indispensable,specially in winter ( many miles distance to to supermarket, DR office,bank,train station,etc)
Yes, it's like I said: they have been made indispensable for us to be in need of them as much as possible. They have even some people who take their car just to go 100 meters (sometimes less than that) away.
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #58
danzinger
Executive Member

Maybe we will just think about where we want to be, and we will be there. Think good and it will be good!
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #59
mosheh5769
Diamond Member

Quote:
Maybe we will just think about where we want to be, and we will be there. Think good and it will be good!
The Rebbe said that all the shuls in Choutz La'Aretz will be transported in EY. So we wil be in EY more quickly than with our cars and plane.