Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk  

Go Back   Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk > Torah and Judaism > Halachah & Minhagim

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Unread 04-28-2003, 09:02 PM   #426
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

Dovid Horowitz's tapes aren't as bad as most of the other ones - at least he has funny lines interspersed between various nuschaois of the same niggun... (if you understand a bissel Iddish)...

As for A Cappela groups, there are:

Beatachon
Vocal Version
The Chevra Sfira Album (YUK)
Kol Achai has a few songs that they do A Cappela, and they are AWESOME!!!
Lev Tahor #1 (very nice)

I think there are one or two more, but they escape me.
Unread 04-28-2003, 09:09 PM   #427
Chabadnika
Silver Member

A Sefira Kumzitz by Nochum Stark is one of my favorites all year...
Unread 04-29-2003, 05:00 PM   #428
WanderingJew
Executive Member

I was just in CH trying to get Yossi Goldstein's Farbrengen CD but was a bit too early..it looks good...anyone hear it yet?

Last edited by WanderingJew; 04-29-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Unread 04-29-2003, 05:04 PM   #429
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

Never heard of it - sounds interesting... What's it supposed to be?

Stam lehoir, Nigunei Hisvaadus #4 is the best of all the Niggunei Hisvaadus, followed closely by #3... ;-)
Unread 04-29-2003, 05:40 PM   #430
WanderingJew
Executive Member

seems like Yossi G.'s release is supposed to be niggunim sung in accapella...

there's also Yosef Kadaner's Sefira CD, basically the songs of his other CD minus the music, but it's quite dry IMHO-the guitar is urgently needed there. if you're a fan of his, you'll probably like it too...

Last edited by WanderingJew; 04-29-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Unread 04-30-2003, 07:56 PM   #431
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

I just heard Yossi's Farbrengen A Cappela - it's very nice, but why does he have to sing the Hachono Niggun also??? It's already been recorded three or four times! C'mon, there are enough niggunim out there to play "new" niggunim...

But besides that, it is very nice. Aidel and pretty farbrengen-like, plus some easy-going harmonies.
Unread 04-30-2003, 08:30 PM   #432
WanderingJew
Executive Member

great to hear...looking forward to it.
music deprivation getting worse
Unread 05-13-2003, 04:14 PM   #433
Jude
Executive Platinum Member

what is the source of the words on side 2, first song of Vocal Version:

kein Hashem Elokeinu, tizake osanu, l'chol amecha beis yisrael, la'nuach b'menucha sh'ein bo keitz v'sachlis, l'olam ha'ba sh'kulo tov v'kulo aruch v'kulo Shabbos
Unread 05-14-2003, 04:15 PM   #434
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

Dunno - but the song is a Shlomo Simcha song, from his first album, "Special Melody", so look on the liner notes on that one...
Unread 05-25-2003, 02:32 AM   #435
Shlucha
Silver Member

Yes, I heard Yossi Goldstien's new cd, and I think it's great (ditto about the hachana niggun, though! I though I was the only one who had that opinion! ) We play it 24/6!
Unread 05-26-2003, 09:15 PM   #436
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

It's just frustrating. Who knows EITHER of the Lubavitch Shoshanas Yaakov niggunim? And who sings "Dunai" correctly? And who knows every one of R' Hillel Paritcher's niggunim? There are literally hundreds of niggunim that could be recorded beutifully, and instead, with every "new" Lubavitcher Niggunim CD that comes out, we have to listen to another rehash of a niggun that everyone knows...
Unread 05-26-2003, 09:40 PM   #437
mordechai7215
Diamond Member

I think it's a comfort thing, people may tend to like things which are more familiar. Personally, however, I tend to agree with you.
Unread 05-27-2003, 12:34 AM   #438
hishtatchus
Senior Diamond Member

Quote:
Who knows EITHER of the Lubavitch Shoshanas Yaakov niggunim?
I know both
Quote:
And who sings "Dunai" correctly?
I sing it like it is on the Nichoach tapes.

It's not common, but it exists (only with nuts like me who don't cringe at the voices on Nichoach).

Personally, I think that few people find the Nichoach tapes "listenable" so they don't bother. Of course, that is not to say that Nichoach has all of the Niggunim either...

It's really in the hands of the singers of today to make a Niggun "popular", so it would be wonderful if they would Davka try for the more obscure Niggunim.
Unread 05-27-2003, 12:46 AM   #439
Torah613
ChabadTalk.com Elder!

"quote:
And who sings "Dunai" correctly?
I sing it like it is on the Nichoach tapes."

Which Nichoach tape?
Unread 05-27-2003, 01:08 AM   #440
hishtatchus
Senior Diamond Member

Sorry, looked it up (I have it on my computer as an mp3) I have it from Chassidus.com- the explained Niggunim.
Unread 05-27-2003, 09:17 PM   #441
mordechai7215
Diamond Member

I could never stand the music on Nichoach. Last year, however, my roommate got the CDs, which sounded better.

Last edited by mordechai7215; 05-29-2003 at 05:37 PM.
Unread 05-29-2003, 11:07 AM   #442
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

Hishtatchus, I meant "amcha"; from what I see at farbrengens every on Purim year, whenever someone starts singing Shoshanas Yaakov people fall apart. And I always find myself doing a solo or duet when someone starts Dunai... Takeh you can pick up many of these niggunim from Chassidus.com, Dovid Horowitz, etc. But that's for people who davka want to go out and learn new niggunim. (And afterwards, they have no one to sing them with, because no one else knows them!)

In my hometown, every seder niggunim they sing the same, maybe, 10 niggunim... When I asked the baal menagen to introduce some new niggunim, he responded, "People don't know them..." Well, that WOULD be the point - TEACH them!

Kol Hakavod to Fried for Avinu Malkeinu - at least 5 of those niggunim were not "typicals"... Halevai we should have more releases like that...

Sorry - just blowing off steam...

And, Mordechai, you couldn't stand the voices on Nichoach, but you enjoyed the music?!

Last edited by Lubamessimaniac; 05-29-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Unread 05-29-2003, 02:56 PM   #443
hishtatchus
Senior Diamond Member

Lubamessimaniac- you're right on that! Halevai we should be able to sing some of these Niggunim Berabim...
Unread 05-29-2003, 05:39 PM   #444
mordechai7215
Diamond Member

I have edited the post so it is more clear now. The quality of the recordings (which I had hard on tape) seemed very poor. With the Cds however they were clearer and therefor much better
Unread 05-29-2003, 11:24 PM   #445
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

Much better? You mean you could enjoy Jewish Music's first electric guitar solo on "Azreini Keil Chai"?! Or maybe the pots and pans were more melodic on "Niggun Simcha #379"?

OK, OK - maybe it's not that bad; but it's hardly the stuff you want to show a mekurav... (I have a hard enough time listening to it myself - ad kday kach that in the end I just made a mix of the songs that I can bear, and that's what I comfort my nefesh habehamis with... But to be absolutely honest, Nichoach is only for my holiest moments! On a regular day, I'm perfectly content to blast Piamentas' versions of niggunim!)
Unread 06-18-2003, 10:07 AM   #446
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

Speaking of Piamenta, their new double CD is very nice. I don't have any comments on its value in shlichus work yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post! Never fear!
Unread 06-18-2003, 11:41 AM   #447
Shlucha
Silver Member

their new double cd-is that niggunim? btw, is Shuva by Piamenta, or do they have their own beaty niggunim?
Unread 06-18-2003, 02:01 PM   #448
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

No, it's not niggunim, but if you want niggunim by Piamenta, you can go through their tapes and CDs and pull them out. (Shuva isn't by Piamenta either.)

TSH"N - Vaharikosi, Niggun and Haaderet are all niggunim.
Songs of the Rebbes has about eight or so niggunim mixed in. Look at the liner notes and you'll find them.
Dance With the Piamentas has five niggunim mixed in.
Azreini also has about five niggunim mixed in.
Tismach (not available any more) has six niggunim mixed in.
Avi's tape Pedutainu Tatzmiach has Ani Maamin and Pedutaynu Tatzmiach - which is in Sefer Haniggunim.
Avi's other tape, Simchat Hageula, has HaRabbi MeLubavitch, if you consider that a niggun.
Unread 06-23-2003, 04:04 PM   #449
CyberLub
Super Moderator

Anybody have Kol Bayaar in different languages?

Here it's from www.JewishSongBook.com

Encoding Hebrew Windows

I hear in the forest
A cry and a shout
A father seeks his children
Who have wandered about

Children, children
Where can you be
That you no longer
Remember me

Children, children
Return to your home
For its hard for me
To be all alone

Oh father, oh father
How can we return once more
The guards are all
Surrounding the door

",

"

",

"

",

"

", ,
"

", ,
"

", ,
"
Unread 07-03-2003, 04:17 PM   #450
Lubamessimaniac
Silver Member

THANKS! I always wanted that! That'll be song #115 in my now updated songbook...