Thread: confused
View Single Post
Unread 08-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #30
existwhere?
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorthinker View Post
Lav davka. And my point, in any case, was to get him to where he could take it offline. At the point where he was, he wouldn't have.
OK
Quote:
He doesn't know me- just liked my posting style and decided it was someone that he would be comfortable talking to. There's no personal info on my profile...I'm not that meshugge. As to switching identities- why? What good would that do him?
Is that the only way he knows you?
Quote:
Hey, I don't mind people knowing that I deal with these issues. Over the years, I've dealt with this issue a lot, from girls. Now it's the same thing, except that it'st a guy. If people knew I dealt with these issues, I'd probably get a lot of flack, as would anyone in this field. On the other hand, I'd also get a lot of phone calls. Luckily, I'm not listed as one who deals with this stuff. So it's just the odd ones here and there.
OK
Quote:
As to why it was confidential- because it was a very embarrassing personal issue. Like, the stuff you'd die of embarrassment if someone found it out. That's why he wanted to do it anonymously. He's afraid of people's reactions and ruining his name.
OK
Quote:
Yeah, tell me about it. It's not so stressful anymore, though. I think at the beginning my mother looked at this site, but decided that it was harmless enough. So she hasn't looked at it since that day, when I was a teenage nutcase. At any rate, the sibling after me is not computer-savvy at all, in addition to being scared of the internet. But for the one after that my mother probably needs a course. I'll give her one. She learned how to use parental controls in the past couple years, while I haven't been there to do it for her.
So she does know you're on it?
Quote:
Unfortunately, after thinking about this point, I realized that you're right. I'd like to think otherwise, only because that's not such a nice way to think about a frum Yid. But...his yirat shamayim could definitely use work. On the other hand, so could all of ours.
True
Quote:
And confidential means not to tell anyone. Except for a very vague image, which is what I presented here. At any rate, it's not a subject I talk about without a valid reason to.
OK
existwhere? is offline   Reply With Quote