Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk

Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk (http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/index.php3)
-   Teenagers (http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php3?f=14)
-   -   CGI Reunion (http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/showthread.php3?t=9617)

MushkieV 08-28-2008 11:09 AM

CGI Reunion

[FONT=Century Gothic]Hi, I'm on Chabadtalk for a while and i see ppl helping eachother... Now i would like to ask for a little help.[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]We're iy"H having a CGI reunion. Talking about a Lubavitch overnight camp for not frum kids. Many kids go to the jewish school but some don't. Not frum counselors (we bring in americans 2) but they all join shiurey torah.[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]This shabbes we'll iy"H have a shabbes meal for CGI in the shul. They will come for Krias a Tora, birkas a chodesh... and then Kiiddush. [/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]What i need help with is is the prog. by the meal. I need a nice game or a small activity that will work with 50-60 ppl ages 10-17. [/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Thank you! :smile:[/FONT]

Majorthinker 08-28-2008 11:10 AM

Which meal is it?

MushkieV 08-28-2008 11:13 AM

The day meal - so that they don't have to walk when it's dark outside... Also i said it was after Krias a Torah :)

Returning 08-28-2008 11:25 AM

[quote=MushkieV;144952][FONT=Century Gothic]Hi, I'm on Chabadtalk for a while and i see ppl helping eachother... Now i would like to ask for a little help.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]We're iy"H having a CGI reunion. Talking about a Lubavitch overnight camp for not frum kids. Many kids go to the jewish school but some don't. Not frum counselors (we bring in americans 2) but they all join shiurey torah.[/FONT]
[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]BS"D

Hmmmm...are you in the Former Soviet Union? Sounds like the camps here where I live.

If you are and no one answers you, I may be able to give you contact info for a local resource center and/or a way to contact some people who are here and may be able to help you. [/SIZE][/FONT]

MushkieV 08-29-2008 03:23 AM

Any ideas?

existwhere? 08-29-2008 10:44 AM

What does CGI stand for?

Chabad 770 08-31-2008 02:23 AM

CGI stands for Camp Gan Israel. The camp the Rebbe Shlita started for boys in New York, now they have sleepover camps as well as day camps for boys and girls across the country, for frum and not frum kids... The camp I worked @ this summer was without frum kids...

MushkieV 08-31-2008 02:45 AM

Ok Everyone! I'm happy to tell u that b"h the reunion was great! We did not have a game in the end :( but we had a nice prog/ anyway :)

Majorthinker 08-31-2008 05:28 AM

Mazal tov! Glad to hear it....

Chabad 770 08-31-2008 03:46 PM

Mazal Tov Baruch Hashem that it was a success. Was this CGI all over the world? This CGI reunion thing is a very good idea...

MushkieV 08-31-2008 04:02 PM

Nope. I live on Shlichus and i was talking about our camp, the one we had this summer. Yep reunions r very important and u know what it's even better if u do it in shul. then u make them feel comfortable in the shul... they get to actually see the Torah and stuff... i'm talkin about not frum kids, but it's good for everyone i think.