Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk

Jewish Forum & Discussions - Chabad Talk (http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/index.php3)
-   Comments and Feedback (http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php3?f=31)
-   -   Is Chabad Talk Dead? (http://www.chabadtalk.com/forum/showthread.php3?t=12752)

ezrahoerster 05-19-2017 12:44 AM

Is Chabad Talk Dead?

B''H

Every time I log onto Chabad Talk it shows I'm the only user online. Is Chabad Talk dead? Are there any people still posting on here or should we just shut the whole thing down and call it quits - after all, it's just wasting internet space if no one's doing anything.

(Maybe it's not a waste of space, since we do talk about Torah topics here.)

Majorthinker 03-18-2018 09:06 AM

Firstly, it's not a waste of internet space: There is a wealth of information here, and if teens are going to spend time online - this is one of the best sites for them to read through.

Secondly, we're not taking up any "space," really, because the internet is pretty much infinite, space-wise.

Whether or not ChabadTalk is dead - well, between Facebook, WhatsApp, and a couple people here who worked very hard to kill all discussion - yeah, I'd say we need a real nes to revive the site.

ezrahoerster 04-10-2018 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=Majorthinker;172348]Firstly, it's not a waste of internet space: There is a wealth of information here, and if teens are going to spend time online - this is one of the best sites for them to read through.

Secondly, we're not taking up any "space," really, because the internet is pretty much infinite, space-wise.

Whether or not ChabadTalk is dead - well, between Facebook, WhatsApp, and a couple people here who worked very hard to kill all discussion - yeah, I'd say we need a real nes to revive the site.[/QUOTE]

Hey, sorry it took me so long to respond! I think it would be great to revive it here... I do a lot of reading on this site. And you're right, it's not wasting space as it's chock-full of good information.

Hey, maybe I can help revive it. :) :smile:

Majorthinker 11-13-2018 12:16 PM

If each of us posts once a week, it will revive. :D

But not enough of us log in once a month...

DW Duke 01-15-2019 10:20 PM

It wouldn't take much to bring it back. :)

Shear-Yashuv 01-16-2019 02:14 PM

Nothing happens

It seems to me that nearly nobody is posting new things. Thatís sad. But sometimes itís impossible to reach the site - I donít no if this is a server-problem.

Shear-Yashuv 08-02-2020 07:13 AM

Itís back?

Itís nearly 1,5 years that the homepage didnít work on my iPad - and now itís back? What has happened?

Vechaby770 08-03-2020 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=Shear-Yashuv;172364]Itís nearly 1,5 years that the homepage didnít work on my iPad - and now itís back? What has happened?[/QUOTE]

no clue, but it looks like the software is outdated. I'm not a pro,but if
someone is in contact with the developer, I'd be happy to update it

hishtatchus 08-24-2020 09:52 PM

This was a nice surprise! ChabadTalk has been down for ages (years?) and I just checked today randomly. I refer to it a lot for research, so I'm glad it's back! Hope this time for good.

To actually revive the site as a discussion forum, we'd need a core group of dedicated posters to maintain regular discussion.

Even if that doesn't happen, this site is a valuable source of information and deserves to be up for posterity!